Skip to main content

Pre-recorded BB. Will you watch?

Well, BBAU first introduced the Head of House concept back in the 2014 season, albeit a little differently. Both the programme and HMs heavily adopted the term, and each week a pairing was granted "The Power" by becoming HoH for a week.

I agree they're probably better off calling it HoH again this year too, only with adjusted rules, but who knows - maybe they still will? I just hope by calling it "Nomination Challenge" they aren't dumbing it down for audiences too much.
Yes, it would be a shame to reduce any perception of the more sophisticated game play that 'new' HoH introduces, but viewers will understand that in practice as they watch (and can relate it to the overarching promise: "The Rules Have Changed").

As I understand it, 'nominations' have been a characteristic of the franchise for 10 seasons (over 13.5 m ratings) and therefore offer a well understood concept that is fundamental to the game for its first season return, at least.

Welcome back, BTW!

Well, BBAU first introduced the Head of House concept back in the 2014 season, albeit a little differently. Both the programme and HMs heavily adopted the term, and each week a pairing was granted "The Power" by becoming HoH for a week.

I agree they're probably better off calling it HoH again this year too, only with adjusted rules, but who knows - maybe they still will? I just hope by calling it "Nomination Challenge" they aren't dumbing it down for audiences too much.
I'm sure the term Head of House was used during the Ten years too for the winner of the FNL Challenge. I'm guessing they're using the term "Nomination Challenge" because they were to tight to give the challenge winner a room of their own, even though there is certainly room by replacing the second lounge.

I'm sure the term Head of House was used during the Ten years too for the winner of the FNL Challenge.
You are correct. I had an inkling it was used earlier but couldn’t source it when I posted earlier. Just looked it up and they did indeed refer to the winner of FNL as HoH, way back as early as 2005.

I could only recall 2014 as I recently (ashamedly) sat through a couple of those episodes for the first time since they aired. I knew I hated that season but oh boy, I forgot how much. :rolleyes: (P.S. Still stanned Priya.)

OK, I'm going say it. Every promo for this show reiterates my complete disinterest in this new version. Every housemate shown seems either cliche or supremely unlikeable. I actually WANT to watch this show, but the promotion has ensured that I won't. Hope it's better for you all.

I used to watch previous BB's live.. but this season I won't be. I will record it and watch it a day or 2 later mainly because I can't stand adverts, I record all my shows these days so I can skip the ads..

Previous BB's that had HM's still in the house made me want to watch it live as it felt like there was some connection ... but as it's now pre-filmed and the HM's are long gone it just feels like another pre-recorded reality TV show that doesn't deserve/require my immediate interaction :)

I managed to watch a whole 60 mins last night, 40 more min than Monday
Was better due to newbies creeping, that part was fun
I flipped at 8.30 when I had something better to watch
Creeping newbies gave us 2 dipshits to dislike
Garth episode
Could not care less.......and being an old tape, makes it very expendable, filler tv....tv I watch bits of if nothing else is on
Who cares who gets evicted?...

I have watched the first two episodes. You really feel the lack of character development. It's just storylines, and suddenly someones having a conversation with someone you don't remember ever seeing before.

I actually think this could have been decent if it was done in the traditional format.

I have watched the first two episodes. You really feel the lack of character development. It's just storylines, and suddenly someones having a conversation with someone you don't remember ever seeing before.

I actually think this could have been decent if it was done in the traditional format.

The episodes are actually getting better as the series progresses. Episode three had way more character development than the two preceding it.

Back