Skip to main content

Potential issue with Wed. eviction & Thurs. noms

rachael92

It's great that evictions will happen on Wednesdays as this gives us some footage on monday & tuesday to influence voting, however...

If the housemates nominate on thursday, will there still be showdown/nominations save the day after? If that happens, it will happen on friday and we won't get the finalised nominees shown until Monday.

Does anyone know if showdown is still occuring or if there will be a save? Will BB just avoid saving anyone and put up 3 nominees straight away? Will they get saved the same day as nominations, and without showdown?

Well they could do nominations and showdown on the same day, just show us the noms on Thurs night and showdown on Friday's show.

Many reality shows do just fine with only 24 hours of voting. Even if it is finalized Monday. I don't see the big issue.
Also with the 'influence voting' issue, we have seen them for 66 days now. I thinks that's enough to make a decision on whom to vote.

Well they could do nominations and showdown on the same day, just show us the noms on Thurs night and showdown on Friday's show.

Probably the only way It'll work, but then it will be even more obvious that they nominate early in the day and nominations aren't 'live'

Though its always been that way lol

I like that evictions are now on Wednesday and nominations are now on Thursday. We get to see more footage of the housemates over the weekend on Monday. I also think that the Family Dinner is also on Tuesday now? Does anyone know what's happening to Confidential?

If the housemates nominate on thursday, will there still be showdown/nominations save the day after? If that happens, it will happen on friday and we won't get the finalised nominees shown until Monday.

IMO it was a stupid decision putting noms on Thursday with only a 15 minute show (excluding ads) on Fridays. That's not enough time to cover noms fallout AND Showdown AND nom swap.

If they were to do Showdown over the weekend, that would mean even less time to vote and blacking out the live feeds like they did last weekend.

I like that evictions are now on Wednesday and nominations are now on Thursday. We get to see more footage of the housemates over the weekend on Monday. I also think that the Family Dinner is also on Tuesday now? Does anyone know what's happening to Confidential?
Confidential moves to Thursday as well - Nominations are only an hour in length now - and will air at 8pm.

IMO, they could scrap the entire Showdown thing for daily shows and just say 'X won the games - to see the games, head to bigbrother.com.au!' instead of trying to cram it into Friday. But it's likely they really haven't thought this through as the only reason for the change is to move evictions away from The X Factor and was never planned at the start.

Back