Skip to main content

Pooch Perfect

SeanE

I loathe sport on TV...
I really think (more like ‘hope’ perhaps) this show is going to ‘screw the pooch’ and be more ‘Pooch Pathetic’ than Pooch Perfect.

Apart from being a one - shot idea that’s unlikely to be able to sustain itself over the long term, Rebel Wilson... Just. Isn’t. Funny... Already the (interminable) ads are laboured and painful. Sure, people will like seeing the cute dogs at first but over weeks and weeks? I doubt it.

Of course, having said all this it’s probably going to rate it’s pants off... because people are idiots.

Reasons not to watch -
1. Rebel Wilson
2. Relentless advertising showing what I can only imagine is all anyone needs to know about how awful this show is going to be
3. Dogs are cute or appealing. Dogs styled to look like Justin Bieber, or worse, are not.

No thank you, Channel 7.

As for aiming a camera where it shouldn't be aimed...

Are you just lowering the bar to make BB seem like high-browed, welcomed relief?

Hands up who watched this, and was it as bad as it seems?
(It's ok to post if you liked it too, haha).

Hands up who watched this, and was it as bad as it seems?
(It's ok to post if you liked it too, haha).

I caught about 10 minutes which was enough to confirm the gigantic steaming pile of dog doodoo I predicted it would be.

False agony, overwrought emotions, fake 'caring for the dog's feelings' when we all know you'd serve Fido up in a casserole if it would win you the competition. Rebel W trying desperately to crack a joke of some kind... any kind... oh God why won't people at least smile...? The show went for 90 minutes which is about 85 minutes longer than it should have.

'Pooch Pathetic' indeed.

For me, even that five minutes of watching a white, fluffy dog get a brazillian was five minutes too long. Howling....from pain.

Caught it for a bit.
Conclusions:
  • I hate this kind of frizz-and-shave dog grooming.
  • Someone needs to tell Rebel she doesn't have to make every single thing into a joke.
  • Jokes about the facts dogs fart and poo get tired very quickly.
  • There's too much crying in dog grooming.

For two main reasons we won't watch this show
We love dogs but hate seeing them wearing clothes to resemble the owners, and grooming them to look like other animals is cruel. All this is done in a TV environment for so called "entertainment" and a cash prize!
Rebel Wilson is a total turnoff at all times. Big ego and not funny at all.

Back