Skip to main content

Pointless Pairs

Brekkie

Staff member
Anyone work out the point of the twist because so far apart from them sharing a bed (not even a double - it's two singles!) the only two HMs to be affected by being in a pair since opening night are Priya and Katie.

They should enforce the 3m rule that the Sugar Sisters had last year.

I'm assuming it will come into play when the "game" starts next week with nominations.

According to the launch night:

In 2014 the Big Brother game will be played in pairs
Each pair will play the game together
Each pair will sleep side by side
You will be rewarded together
You will be punished together
Each pair will nominate as one
and can be nominated as one
each week one pair will have the great honour
of becoming the heads of the house

I'm assuming it will come into play when the "game" starts next week with nominations.

According to the launch night:

In 2014 the Big Brother game will be played in pairs
Each pair will play the game together
Each pair will sleep side by side
You will be rewarded together
You will be punished together
Each pair will nominate as one
and can be nominated as one
each week one pair will have the great honour
of becoming the heads of the house
That's why I don't understand why they are swapping partners around! I

To put it simply, the BBAU producers never know how to enforce a twist to its full potential, and will always stuff it up by Week 2 or 3.
Unfortunately I agree.

Too early to swap. If they wanted the housemates to know each other befire choosing their pairing then they should have just let them go in separately and started the pairings from week 2. I had the same thought about the halfway house last year.

On launch night weren't they told they were going to compete and nominate with their partner? After a week the only pair that has done anything with their partner is Priya & Katie. So if they are going to nominate with their partner is this before or after the pairs get swapped around? They may as well have spent the first week as individuals.

I agree to an extent but it does tend to prevent us from seeing other housemates engage together. Like we've already seen a blossoming friendship between Skye and Aisha, as well as Travis and Katie, and that would probably be a lot harder with the 3m rule.
Agreed, the 3m rule would be boring and stupid

What would have been sweet is if the viewers voted on the pairings

But only after week two

That way, we can put the two people that hate each other together
Muhahahhahaha

The pairing will be over before it gets worth while,
I would of had them having to do everything together.
Stay in the same room, shower, sleep, eat etc

(This is basically a repost from the "2 New Housemates?" thread but I'll post it anyway)

This just sounds like a repeat of 2013 with housemates swapping from halfway house to safehouse so soon which seriously muted the real effects of the separation/split house twist. It would've been better had they remained on the side they originally entered, with the exception of 1 housemate swapping with another (chosen by Showdown winner) each week.

Anyone work out the point of the twist because so far apart from them sharing a bed (not even a double - it's two singles!) the only two HMs to be affected by being in a pair since opening night are Priya and Katie.

They should enforce the 3m rule that the Sugar Sisters had last year.
I thought at the launch that they were trying to make it like the Sugar Sisters pairing, with the nominations and 3m rule but it just seems as though they're playing solo but just nominating in pairs.

So they're swapping the pairs already - how stupid. Alex - you've well and truly lost it mate!

they should have just handcuffed them for a week or so...

would have made it "interesting" for the mixed pairs :)

mind you, being handcuffed to Jason for more than 5 minutes might have led to the first BB on air murder...

Back