Skip to main content

Palm Royale - Apple TV+

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
Anyone watched it yet? I binged the first 4 episodes this morning and it’s definitely worth a watch. It’s labeled as a drama but it’s definitely more of a dramatic comedy.

Kirsten Wig’s performance is completely unhinged and while the overall story is very much a slow burn it builds enough mystery and intrigue to keep you wanting more. It feels a bit like early Suits only female forward and with a touch of Saltburn in the mix.

Apple TV+ has the first episode on preview so you don’t need to commit to a sub just to check it out. If anyone does end up watching I’d love to know what you think.

Last edited:
I‘m watching it. It‘s fun. Bit nuts. Fabulous fashion.

I‘m also watching slow horses while I wait for the next Palm Royale. It‘s fun too. In a very different way.

I‘m watching it. It‘s fun. Bit nuts. Fabulous fashion.

I‘m also watching slow horses while I wait for the next Palm Royale. It‘s fun too. In a very different way.
The fact that it’s a bit nuts makes it… It’s approaching parody level unhingedness and it’s only going to get more ridiculous.

F
The fact that it’s a bit nuts makes it… It’s approaching parody level unhingedness and it’s only going to get more ridiculous.
For sure!

(I think it‘s reached parody level unhingedness actually!)

Are you watching the horses?

Any other recommendations?

F

For sure!

(I think it‘s reached parody level unhingedness actually!)

Are you watching the horses?

Any other recommendations?
Whatever it is I’m here for it lol.

As for the suggestions I think the next show I’m going to be watching will be the Talented Mr Riley reboot on Netflix. It drops on April 4th.

Jesus Christ this show is such a slow burner but is it ever addictive. My only wish is that they would have dropped the entire series or that I would have known ahead of time that it was a weekly release as the story is far more suited to binge watching. If it gets a second season 🤞🏻I’m definitely going to wait it out.

I’d also love to see more of this style of parody deadpan drama in the future. Something like a parody of the American Soap Passions (if that’s even possible lol).

Ok just finished episode 6 and WTF happened? I SERIOUSLY NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING????? NOW!!!!!

Is it just me or does this show keep getting better every week? I expected a lot to happen in this episode but wasn’t expecting what we got.

I will say that if this does get renewed they do really need to pick up the story a bit more. Now that things have started to get juicy and we’ve got a good base for the characters they need to keep up the momentum.

My best comparison for this show would be Suits… In season 1 it was very much a character driven story and sort of case of the week type story telling but season 2 onwards it was very serialized and crisis after crisis/war after war.

Is it just me or does this show keep getting better every week? I expected a lot to happen in this episode but wasn’t expecting what we got.

I will say that if this does get renewed they do really need to pick up the story a bit more. Now that things have started to get juicy and we’ve got a good base for the characters they need to keep up the momentum.

My best comparison for this show would be Suits… In season 1 it was very much a character driven story and sort of case of the week type story telling but season 2 onwards it was very serialized and crisis after crisis/war after war.
Interesting that you compare it to Suits. I haven’t seen any of Suits but maybe I need to take a look…

I’m comparing it to Season 1 of White Lotus, kind of.
I’ve also just watched Severance (didn’t really like it all that much) and am watching Sugar (which I am quite liking).

Interesting that you compare it to Suits. I haven’t seen any of Suits but maybe I need to take a look…
Suits honestly had me hooked from the first episode. It’s not as off the wall but have similarities in terms of storytelling and being very character driven. Definitely worth a watch.

Whatever it is I’m here for it lol.

As for the suggestions I think the next show I’m going to be watching will be the Talented Mr Riley reboot on Netflix. It drops on April 4th.

Did you watch Ripley? I tried but didn’t like it. Which is sad because I like Andrew Scott.

Making my way through this weeks episode… Very strange.
Off the wall.

Did not see any of that coming. Except maybe the Norma-Maxine bit. Because how could you see that coming?! This shows writers are very strange.

I did really like Maxine’s speech. Even though the whole thing is DERANGED! In a nice way. But still… deranged. Nicely deranged?

Intrigued what will happen NEXT week…..

Off the wall.

Did not see any of that coming. Except maybe the Norma-Maxine bit. Because how could you see that coming?! This shows writers are very strange.

I did really like Maxine’s speech. Even though the whole thing is DERANGED! In a nice way. But still… deranged. Nicely deranged?

Intrigued what will happen NEXT week…..
I’m honestly going to have to rewatch it I think I got a bit distracted by just how deranged it all was. As for whats going to happen next the trailer shows Maxine shooting someone who I think were meant to believe is Norma but given how this series always has a twist if it was Robert or perhaps even Douglas or better yet Linda 💁🏼‍♂️

Back