Skip to main content

Olympic Winter Games - Sochi

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
Get ready, opening ceremony is Friday night...

Some intro show first -
Friday
Opening Ceremony Countdown (Live)
10.50pm - 2.50am

Australia has assembled it's biggest and best Winter Games team in history for Sochi 2014. Join Mel Mclaughlin and a host of guests including Steven Bradbury, as we look ahead to the games and countdown to the opening ceremony.

(so many hours of this, seems weird)

Saturday
Opening Ceremony
2.50am - 6am

Trying to find when Roy & HG begin

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304680904579366712107461956

Dmitry Kozak, the deputy prime minister responsible for the Olympic preparations, seemed to reflect the view held among many Russian officials that some Western visitors are deliberately trying to sabotage Sochi's big debut out of bias against Russia. "We have surveillance video from the hotels that shows people turn on the shower, direct the nozzle at the wall and then leave the room for the whole day," he said. An aide then pulled a reporter away before Mr. Kozak could be questioned further on surveillance in hotel rooms. "We're doing a tour of the media center," the aide said.

Hilarious, there will be plenty of faux pas and blunders in Russia, should prove quite fun - they are nuts, and no where near as guarded as other nutso countries like say China, who just clammed up & hid stuff.
Russia is more wild and crazy, hopefully we get lots of that.

Hope it's a romantic opening not a military one, winter openings are usually gorgeous and mythical.

Putin and Abbott remind me of each other.

So they had the opening and apparently - fuck ups abound, the 5 rings failed, and somebody was probably shot.

This...sums up fucked up Russia

article-2553709-1B4674C600000578-647_964x634.jpg

Gays are persecuted, jailed, banned - but pretend lesbians taTu, perform in the opening, BECAUSE WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!!!!????

I was so confused seeing tatu perform, kinda goes completely against the whole anti-gay agenda they are pushing, bizarre. Maybe it's just because they're fake lesbians, which is they worst kind if lesbian, except in places where it's illegal I guess.

I was so confused seeing tatu perform, kinda goes completely against the whole anti-gay agenda they are pushing, bizarre. Maybe it's just because they're fake lesbians, which is they worst kind if lesbian, except in places where it's illegal I guess.

I haven't seen the Opening, but some photos have freaked me out, like who knew this...

article-2553709-1B46FF6A00000578-948_964x553.jpg
History: Performers re-enacted the construction of Moscow's St Basil's Cathedral, so beautiful its architect was blinded afterwards so it would be unique

Wow - horrible history alright, totally spoiled my lifelong fascination with Russian architecture and minarets, they used to feature in my school art work. So magical and fairtytale like, how awful to take the eyes of such a wonderful artist.

We are in for weird Games.

I want to see some Opening highlights, are we getting some kind of repeat???

Aww the snowboarders are so cute.
3 young dudes just got, gold,silver,bronze - and they are so cute, they look like MY DJ :).
Winter games are cool, actual cool people flip around on snow, more like rockstars

Roy & HG are on NOW:)
so looks like 9pm each night

Last edited:
Have you seen some of the cute little kids competing?
Adorable...Scotty James snowboarder
195.jpg

Does anybody know how to watch Roy and HG from overseas?

It is hard enough trying to find it here in Melbourne, it jumps all over the place regarding the time it screens. Have caught it at 9pm, 10pm, 11pm, all by accident.
Have they zoned you out of catchup on 7?
That is stupid for an international event - getting more viewers from OS would be a good thing fools.

Tora got a silver, well done. She has one more event.
Snowboarders are so cute, all of them, from everywhere - they all look totally buzzed just to be there, many have that kid's wonderment look, I'm in love with these competitors, adorable.

Have they zoned you out of catchup on 7?

Yeah, for someone overseas, for whom this sort of thing is ideal, and it is not like I am denying them ratings or anything by watching it online... TV networks have not caught on to the potential of the internet yet, for global coverage or whatever. Too worried about profit still. Anyway, guess I will have to wait for youtube to provide.

Does anybody know how to watch Roy and HG from overseas?

Winterbourne, have you checked this out?

http://www.samsungstadium.com.au/

From my understanding, Roy and HG tape special footage each night, that can be viewed exclusively on the above apps| link. Not sure, if the live daily shows are also included at that link to view?

Samsung Stadium is home to Roy & HG's daily videos, exclusive GALAXY Team athlete features and weird and wonderful content about the Games.

View attachment 37417

http://www.samsungstadium.com.au/

I have the oldest phone in my town, and a moderate distrust of technology, and so when I saw this site I immediately assumed that it wasnt for me. Thanks for the link though.

I have the oldest phone in my town, and a moderate distrust of technology, and so when I saw this site I immediately assumed that it wasnt for me. Thanks for the link though.

Do you have Facebook account? If so, you could try this link, if it works I can add further clips here for you. :)

1AAARHG.JPG

Snowboard racing is awesome to watch...far out a girl just conked out, hit head unconscious on the track.
It is fierce, fast, flying stuff.

Snowboard Cross is easily the highlight of the games for me now - it's pure sport IMO where a race is a race decided by who crosses the line first, and unlike most races the lead changes hands so many times and it isn't over until it's over. Brilliant stuff.

On the other hand finding Short Track Speed Skating a bit annoying now - it's got a similar problem to cycling with too many results being decided by officials on technicalities rather than first across the line coming first.

Back