Skip to main content

...of Plants and Pot Plants

R

riddim

The real twist this season is that there are plants. No, not pot plants, those HMs that might as well be decorations or furniture for all they add to the show - I mean plants are fake HMs to fool not only the other HMs (like Drew/Jade's sham marriage), but also to fool us.

These plants range from OTT to subtle, but each have been cast explicitly to play roles - some more natural than others.

Who do you think the plants are?

To get the ball rolling, my plant list includes: Xavier, Tim, Heidi, Ben, Ed and Tahan

The reasons for each are

- their media experience (Xav and Heidi) putting them into roles as general "interviewers" and "entertainers",
- their modelling experience (Ed and Tahan) making them not only eye candy but also taking on "aspirational" roles as the person many people would want to be (or be with), and
- the fact that they are just outright caricatures (Tim and Ben) whose constant put on is just a little too obvious (and sometimes falls apart)

I fully expect to have this revealed later in the season as the final "twist".

So who are your candidates for plants?

But don't the producers cast the characters like this every season?

Aren't they all chosen to play a role of some kind but sometimes the character plays out different to what they expect.

Back