Skip to main content

Not one likeable finalist.

I am pretty apathetic myself about who wins out of the remaining 6.......there is nobody left with anywhere near the star power of Tim Dormer.
That is why I doubt that the finale tomorrow night will rate all that well, there will be more interest in Sonia interviewing the likes of Cat & Lawson than finding out who wins.

I am pretty apathetic myself about who wins out of the remaining 6.......there is nobody left with anywhere near the star power of Tim Dormer.
That is why I doubt that the finale tomorrow night will rate all that well, there will be more interest in Sonia interviewing the likes of Cat & Lawson than finding out who wins.

I am just glad Cat will be there in case Sonia POPS.. THAT my friend, will be some reality TV.

Thanks. I needed that laugh.

I saw the chocolate thing as a way to avoid the bickering and defuse the situation more than attention seeking.
Imagine Skye did that. For supposedly the same reasons that you're assuming Penny did. This place would've erupted that she was trying to hog airtime, make it all about her, she was attention seeking, etc. And yet Penny has 11 years on Skye. You'd hope a 31 year old woman would know how to diffuse a situation better than to rub chocolate on her body like a toddler. If that's why she was even doing it to begin with, which I'm not convinced she was.

Imagine Skye did that. For supposedly the same reasons that you're assuming Penny did. This place would've erupted that she was trying to hog airtime, make it all about her, she was attention seeking, etc. And yet Penny has 11 years on Skye. You'd hope a 31 year old woman would know how to diffuse a situation better than to rub chocolate on her body like a toddler. If that's why she was even doing it to begin with, which I'm not convinced she was.

That was her way of diffusing angst.

Tim was a fun entertaining housemate, but not so much a deserving winner since he was already a 'star' in a way (he did TV interviews with folks like Katy Perry and Russel Brand before the show). He was pretty much a celeb who happened to be in the house.

I saw the chocolate thing as a way to avoid the bickering and defuse the situation more than attention seeking.

Exactly. I guess you could try and frame it as "playing up to the cameras", because yes there's cameras there and she knew being entertaining is a plus, but that didn't exactly seem like her primary goal.

i see your point. She did use it again in the sanctuary as a means of avoiding Skye. But, could she also be using avoidance because she cannot back her own positions?

i see your point. She did use it again in the sanctuary as a means of avoiding Skye. But, could she also be using avoidance because she cannot back her own positions?
Quite possibly. But it also looked like some of those discussions went on for hours (not just Skye in the sanctuary, but out in the main house). In most real life circumstances there will be a joker, or someone who tries to diffuse a volatile situation. Ryan and Penny were really the only two who seemed to compartmentalise the comments said/heard as being a part of the game to be the diffuser.

how would you have diffused that situation that would not have looked attention seeking?

Back