Skip to main content

Noms talk in the house?

twoone12

Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt Priya tell Jason that all the other HMs were discussing who they've not nominated and they said Jason Ryan and Sam. Wouldn't this be classified as noms talk? In previous years they'd get a strike for even the slightest hint of noms

But they're only allowed to discuss noms in the tree house with BBs permission

I think that's wrong; the fact they are allowed to do that this year and it pisses me off that those going out of their way to use such a facility when nominating, use "playing the game" as an excuse to nominate others. What the hell is discussing who YOU are going to nominate with your chosen "besties" for that time if NOT "playing the game"? IMO that's creating an alliance to vote specifically for a chosen few en masse. Noms should be about personal issues only to the individual voting rather than voting on a consensus of 3 or 4 people.

BB is giving me a hella furrowed-brow this year and at my age, that's not a good thing!

I think that's wrong; the fact they are allowed to do that this year and it pisses me off that those going out of their way to use such a facility when nominating, use "playing the game" as an excuse to nominate others. What the hell is discussing who YOU are going to nominate with your chosen "besties" for that time if NOT "playing the game"? IMO that's creating an alliance to vote specifically for a chosen few en masse. Noms should be about personal issues only to the individual voting rather than voting on a consensus of 3 or 4 people.

BB is giving me a hella furrowed-brow this year and at my age, that's not a good thing!
I agree, noms shouldn't ever be spoke about. It ruins the whole concept of nominating in the first place, but if BB has made the rule that noms talk is only allowed in the treehouse, why haven't Priya, Jason and whoever Priya was talking about gotten a strike yet? I think BB is making up rules as he goes this year.

I agree, noms shouldn't ever be spoke about. It ruins the whole concept of nominating in the first place, but if BB has made the rule that noms talk is only allowed in the treehouse, why haven't Priya, Jason and whoever Priya was talking about gotten a strike yet? I think BB is making up rules as he goes this year.

Maybe as to Priya and Jason, there are not enough viewers this year to comment. (OUCH ME):roflmao:

I don't get the concept of the strategy talks in the treehouse if they are allowed to talk noms all over the house anyway? In previous years, even a hint of nomination talk would get a severe strike. In US BB there is no such rule and it makes for a roller coaster ride for power status. Of course, they don't have public voting so it's a completely different dynamic.

This is what should happen.

Big Brother: This, is Big Brother. All Housemates, to the lounge.
(the HMs gather in the lounge)

Big Brother: Tonight, you would normally nominate. However, it has come to Big Brother's attention, that some of you, have, been discussing nominations. That, is a severe violation of, house rules. This, must never happen again. Big Brother will give you all, three minutes, for the guilty parties involved to report to the Diary Room. If no one steps forward, then all Housemates will earn a strike, and $25,000 will be taken out of the prize fund to cover fines. Your time starts now.

(the guilty parties report to the Diary Room)

Big Brother: So, you are all guilty of discussing nominations. Correct?
Guilty HMs: Yes, Big Brother.
Big Brother: Very well. As punishment, you are, all put up for eviction. In addition, you have each earned, a strike. Three strikes, and you are out. Are we clear?
Big Brother: That is all.

Also, the Housemate Guidelines state that Housemates must not discuss previous series. This rule has been broken many times. :sour:

Big Brother: Tonight, you would normally nominate. However, it has come to Big Brother's attention, that some of you, have, been discussing nominations. That, is a severe violation of, house rules. This, must never happen again. Big Brother will give you all, three minutes, for the guilty parties involved to report to the Diary Room. If no one steps forward, then all Housemates will earn a strike, and $25,000 will be taken out of the prize fund to cover fines. Your time starts now.

Big Brother: Very well. As punishment, you are, all put up for eviction. In addition, you have each earned, a strike. Three strikes, and you are out. Are we clear?
Love it. Unfortunately I doubt that'll happen, it won't be mentioned at all

Yes! I love it too but it seems BB this year is Sir Wussy Pants. If nothing more,I hope the powers that be at CH 9 read this forum to get ideas as to how BB "himself" can eat some cement and harden the fuck up. This year isn't "BIG Brother" in my opinion.. more like the annoying younger sibling whose balls have not dropped yet.

Last week they showed Lisa and Ryan talking re who is annoying or should go or something like that - David walks in and Ryan clearly gave an eye signal to Lisa that David was one to nominate. I remember thinking it was pretty blatant as in yes him nom David. They showed this nominations night so clearly don't seem to give a shit about HMs colluding!

It is so easy when you have a little group like what Sam has built around him, to get his followers like Sandra and co vote for the person he wants without being punished (apparently this year no punishments). If you keep saying it is not fair this and that is not nominated, or so and so thinks he is all that, they need a kick in the butt, you know what I mean. And hat zelda said, so easy.Very curious who they will be voting for. The 2 evictions were quite boring this week. It is time that the others start to play the game and not let Sam and co run the house.

At least last year the groups had to be sneaky about colluding and just keep complaining about individuals thus hinting to your mates who to nominate. This business of open discussion takes all the fun out of it.

Yes! I love it too but it seems BB this year is Sir Wussy Pants. If nothing more,I hope the powers that be at CH 9 read this forum to get ideas as to how BB "himself" can eat some cement and harden the fuck up. This year isn't "BIG Brother" in my opinion.. more like the annoying younger sibling whose balls have not dropped yet.

Was the 2008 BB this soft? I never finished the series.

There is not enough volatility in this season for my liking. If they were allowed to fully talk about nominations it would cause drama. If they were allowed to fully form alliances and strategise it would be interesting. Creating hostility. But would probably not suit the demographic (children?). It would be a different show, but i'd prefer it.

Back