Skip to main content

Nine's next big stunt: Surprise Eviction (Mon, Sept 29) & Intruder Special (Wed, Oct 1)

Travis WILL be evicted according to the number of likes that are being attracted on the housemate nominations pictures. Here is an updated graph of those figures that I posted the other day.

View attachment 42221
I am half tempted to place a bet on him, because his odds are still the longest, but the odds are not reflecting public sentiment at all. I don't think I will though, because the odds are only for MONDAY's eviction, and Katie and Travis seem to be equally likely to go, with Dion also a possibility.

Gotta keep voting PRIYA though, she still has the shortest odds...
Yeah this is a bit of a wonky week to bet which I only cottoned on to after I'd made mine on Katie. The odds up now are for the 2nd HM to leave so if someone else goes first and she goes the next day I still lose.

Travis WILL be evicted according to the number of likes that are being attracted on the housemate nominations pictures. Here is an updated graph of those figures that I posted the other day.

View attachment 42221
I am half tempted to place a bet on him, because his odds are still the longest, but the odds are not reflecting public sentiment at all. I don't think I will though, because the odds are only for MONDAY's eviction, and Katie and Travis seem to be equally likely to go, with Dion also a possibility.

Gotta keep voting PRIYA though, she still has the shortest odds...

Those numbers only represent a small sample size (of FB), not the entire Big Brother population.

Even though it has been random sampled, there is still a high chance of sampling error and sampling bias.

Those numbers only represent a small sample size (of FB), not the entire Big Brother population.

Even though it has been random sampled, there is still a high chance of sampling error and sampling bias.

That is true. Public opinion polls will not reflect the whole voting population. I don't think we could even say it's a random sample, because "likes" on Facebook are essentially a survey and so there is most definitely going to be a sampling bias there. There are a lot of confounding variables to consider in something like this.

Still, I think something like this can tell us about the possible trend, and feelings of the public, which we can use to predict the result, but not with too much certainty. During this year's BBUK for example, Ashleigh and Christopher were miles ahead in the betting and the public opinion polls during the finale, but Helen still won. This eviction is still quite difficult to call and I'm predicting it'll be a close one.

I'm personally hoping for Priya and Dion to survive, and I'm still annoyed they're pulling a double eviction and throwing intruders in so early on in the series when we're still getting to know the housemates.

When people say 'live streaming', I don't remember the show ever having live streaming?
I know US BB has live streaming, which you pay for, but Aus BB has never had it?

Unless people are referring to the the random daily clips BB would put on the website, which were basically selectively chosen anyway.
Or the random narrative-type updates, that also could be biased to editors' agenda.

I'm not quite sure what people are upset about there not being anymore that there was previously. As far as I remember, the insight the website gave a viewer was not even worth the effort. So whilst, yes, the daily shows are skewed to suit what the producers are trying to show us, I don't really remember BB being any other way, to be honest.

When people say 'live streaming', I don't remember the show ever having live streaming?
I know US BB has live streaming, which you pay for, but Aus BB has never had it?

Unless people are referring to the the random daily clips BB would put on the website, which were basically selectively chosen anyway.
Or the random narrative-type updates, that also could be biased to editors' agenda.

I'm not quite sure what people are upset about there not being anymore that there was previously. As far as I remember, the insight the website gave a viewer was not even worth the effort. So whilst, yes, the daily shows are skewed to suit what the producers are trying to show us, I don't really remember BB being any other way, to be honest.

When Big Brother was on Channel Ten in Australia 2001-2008 we had 24/7 live streaming. It's only when it was brought back in 2012 by Channel Nine that we lost the live streaming and got the clips instead.

I'll be stunned if Dion isn't the first one out, or if he even gets more than 10% of the vote. I just think he simply hasn't been on-screen enough for people to want to part with much money for him. Judging by Dave's nomination, he doesn't seem to warrant that screen time anyway.

When Big Brother was on Channel Ten in Australia 2001-2008 we had 24/7 live streaming. It's only when it was brought back in 2012 by Channel Nine that we lost the live streaming and got the clips instead.

Oh, really? Like the streaming they get for US BB? I don't remember that at all!

I'll be stunned if Dion isn't the first one out, or if he even gets more than 10% of the vote. I just think he simply hasn't been on-screen enough for people to want to part with much money for him. Judging by Dave's nomination, he doesn't seem to warrant that screen time anyway.

But people like Dion coast by in life based on their looks/body. I imagine if he gets through these next two evictions, that's exactly the reason he's coasting through, because he really brings nothing to the show content-wise.

Wish last yrs intruder Boog was put in after 2 wks , she was hilarious but wasn't enough time in the house for her. This guy who goes in on Wed looks like he'll just be working out, sunbaking & spending time infront of a mirror, so pretty much another yawn fest

I'm not fussed on who goes, I really don't have a favourite this year
See, for me the only HM in there that I genuinely really like right now is Priya. Apart from her, I feel quite indifferent about most of them, except for those that I particularly dislike (i.e. Travis).

When it comes to the evictions, I'm only most concerned about saving Priya for now, so I also don't mind who goes. I only have a preference of when I'd like people to go. Like, I actually don't want Dion to leave just yet, even though I'm not too fussed about his eviction whenever it may be, I just want him in the house for a little bit longer than this. While somebody like Travis or Katie I desperately want to see leave this early in the game, even just to dampen their egos.

See, for me the only HM in there that I genuinely really like right now is Priya. Apart from her, I feel quite indifferent about most of them, except for those that I particularly dislike (i.e. Travis).

When it comes to the evictions, I'm only most concerned about saving Priya for now, so I also don't mind who goes. I only have a preference of when I'd like people to go. Like, I actually don't want Dion to leave just yet, even though I'm not too fussed about his eviction whenever it may be, I just want him in the house for a little bit longer than this. While somebody like Travis or Katie I desperately want to see leave this early in the game, even just to dampen their egos.

Basically he wants an early axing of the show..

Basically he wants an early axing of the show..

Travis and Katie at the moment are the ones who are stirring the point and causing trouble, without them the show would be boring. I just don't think Priya is connecting with the audience at all. I guess tonight and tomorrow night will answer a few questions about who the public like (outside this forum).

The house will seriously be the Snoozefest 2014 if big personalities leave first.

Back