Skip to main content

Neighbours Discussion Thread

The best thing about the revival so far is the new camera angles and 360 degree views. We've seen brand new fourth walls to almost every home/building so far. (For those that have seen the third ep back, two words: Harold's Café!!)

It's been a wonderful and refreshingly immersive addition to the show.

So far the revival has been a big old ratings flop in Australia (it is being outrrated by Bold & The Beautiful that precedes it at 4 pm). And the ratings on 10 Peach are around 35k.

See the 9am airing has been moved to 7.30am. Thought it would be safe at 4.30pm as opposed to had it been scheduled at 6pm and I suspect the 4pm hour as a whole rates better than it did last week but if Neighbours does dip below where Bold was I can see them switching slots sooner rather than later.

The 10 Peach rating obviously suffering from not being the focus - without the 10 airing it would likely be close to 100k higher.

So far the revival has been a big old ratings flop in Australia (it is being outrrated by Bold & The Beautiful that precedes it at 4 pm). And the ratings on 10 Peach are around 35k.
Means nothing. The Australian FTV ratings were never intended, nor expected to, contribute to the revival's success.

Ten aren't that stupid.

Means nothing. The Australian FTV ratings were never intended, nor expected to, contribute to the revival's success.

Ten aren't that stupid.

I doubt the Amazon streaming numbers will be very high either, so what would constitute a success for Neighbours?

Susan is still mad with Karl losing that $200K to Montana. Karl is in the dog house again!😬

I hope Karl and Susan don't split. I love their banter on screen. Jackie and Alan have amazing chemistry with their respective roles. So more believable than Rebekah and Ryan.

I found Thursday's episode very funny. Especially Paul trying to give Reece that rose in his failed attempt to impress her.🤣

Reece firing Holly was kind of harsh. It was expected but purely driven by her jealousy seeing her mucking around with Byron behind the bar.

I think Holly is Izzy 2.0 but I don't mind that. The show needs someone sassy in it.

I think creatively it's been a disaster - they hung everything on people caring about Toadie and Terese and then viewers just didn't buy it.

Ratings wise that's a bit of a panic move by 10 - Bold rating better absolutely means it should lead the hour. Switching Neighbours to 4pm is only going to bring down their figure further, won't see too much uplift for Bold and likely mean the hour as a whole rates lower.

The storyline I hinted at a couple months ago finally went to air today. Truly the best episode of 2023 so far, and an immediate entry into the Neighbours "iconic episodes" hall of fame. So well written, it made sense in-universe and each returnee representing every decade of the series was incorporated excellently - with some wonderful nods to the past, too.

This episode is also being universally acclaimed within the fandom. After missing the mark during the recent "Flashback Week", we're finally back on track.

Back