Skip to main content

Naked and Afraid

timmy

BEEUUUUWWW!!
Awesome site donor
I know I am waaay behind, but I've been watching Naked and Afraid, and it really shows up Survivor to be "glamping" by comparison.

Best ep in S1 was S01E06 with Billy and the Aussie chick Ky, in the Louisiana swamps. Their tiny patch of dry land got flooded so they had to go searching for another. Best team too, this was the only ep where the man wasn't a complete fuckknuckle sexist arrogant tool.

Being naked might seem like a gimmick but it opens them up to all kinds of additional hazards like sunburn, cuts/scrapes, bites etc.

I'm loving this show. It's brutal.

Just looked at the ep guide they're up to Season 7, I'm only about to start S2.

Seriously, no-one watched this?

I noticed a serious lack of diversity. I'm halfway through S3 and there was a black guy in it. I think he was the first?

What channel is it on? It's the kind of thing I'd record to watch later maybe, but couldn't be bothered downloading.

What channel is it on? It's the kind of thing I'd record to watch later maybe, but couldn't be bothered downloading.
I don't know if it's airing anywhere, maybe on foxtel? I have just been downloading whole seasons.

Ep I watched last night (Nicaragua), the guy "tapped out" on day five and the chick not only made it to day 21 by herself - the longest time any contestant to date had done alone - but also did it without even making fire. They get to take an item each, and they usually choose a machete and a fire starter, but this time she took the machete, but the guy had chosen a large roll of duct tape. They're so lucky they had clean water to drink without needing to boil it. But at least she got a nice blue duct tape bikini and panties to wear.

Some of the contestants have got pretty ill doing this. It's no holiday.

My attitude is the same as it is to 'Dating Naked', if we don't get to see the naked what is the point?

My attitude is the same as it is to 'Dating Naked', if we don't get to see the naked what is the point?
I watched an episode of that Dutch show that SBS had, Adam Looking for Eve, but tbh I was disappointed. Maybe it says more about Dutch men?

On Naked and Afraid, the point is it makes them more vulnerable to sun, bug bites, scrapes and cuts etc... so it's not just about titillation. The pale guy in I think S01E02 got seriously sunburnt before they had even walked to their camp point, and then refused to wear a "hat" the woman wove for him (because he was a bone head who probably thought it'd make him look like a sissy. Idiot.)

Dating Naked could have used more titillation though, it's true, I'm right with you there.

I don't know if it's airing anywhere, maybe on foxtel? I have just been downloading whole seasons.

Ep I watched last night (Nicaragua), the guy "tapped out" on day five and the chick not only made it to day 21 by herself - the longest time any contestant to date had done alone - but also did it without even making fire. They get to take an item each, and they usually choose a machete and a fire starter, but this time she took the machete, but the guy had chosen a large roll of duct tape. They're so lucky they had clean water to drink without needing to boil it. But at least she got a nice blue duct tape bikini and panties to wear.

Some of the contestants have got pretty ill doing this. It's no holiday.

Foxtel are currently airing the pop up edition of the show on Discovery Channel 7:30 Tuesdays. They are showing season 3 episode 3 tonight, then the following week they are showing season 7 episode 6.

Last edited:
Foxtel are currently airing the pop up edition of the show on Discovery Channel 7:30 Tuesdays. They are showing season 3 episode 3 tonight, then the following week they are showing season 7 episode 6.
That's a bit random of them, but there you go. It's well worth a look.

we don't get to see the naked
So I'm watching one of the additional "special" eps. I'd noticed in S3 the men were frequently wearing their provided satchel to cover themselves... and one of the female participants revealed that the camera crew had actually been telling them to do that so they didn't have to blur so much.

S04E16 - Cassidy and Jeremy - on an island in the Philippines. Their only water supply (a well) dried up. They tapped out on day 13. But they were on a beach. They had fire, and a saucepan, so couldn't they have distilled sea water? A lot of time and effort for a small quantity but they could have given it a shot.

Still enjoying this. I've watched all the regular seasons and now watching XL season 1 final ep.

Shame the chick tapped out because the other chicks were bitches. But I know what it's like to be bullied so if she couldn't take it any more then I can relate. Just frustrating to see people treat others like that, it's like their brains never developed beyond high school. I thought the Jesus guy would have been more understanding but he was a dick too.

...talking to myself I know. :D

Back