Skip to main content

My thoughts on Ryan winning

EHF

I thought he was the optimal winner given the pool of housemates in the finale, however, it's kind of disappointing that he doesn't appear to be a fan of big brother like Benjamin and Tim, he didn't apply, didn't have much of a reaction to the previous year housemates in the finale videos etc. - I can't see him getting involved in the Big Brother community at all once he gets past the obligatory interviews and podcasts, or chatting to fans in the street past the 6 months mark haha

I agree, besides you saying he was 'the optimal winner'. Please justify.

That was a huge reason I didn't want him to win. You could tell Skye clearly wanted it to so bad, and Travis too. Ryan never really seemed like he cared that much - and I don't think he would've been too upset if he'd been evicted half way through the season.

That was a huge reason I didn't want him to win. You could tell Skye clearly wanted it to so bad, and Travis too. Ryan never really seemed like he cared that much - and I don't think he would've been too upset if he'd been evicted half way through the season.

This.

I didn't want any of the final three to win. I don't get how Ryan even made it that far since he was so fucking boring. The teenyboppers probably voted for because they think he's a "bae" :vomit:

Not the worst winner ever, but hardly one of the best either.
I couldn't help thinking watching Sonia interview the evicted housemates that if circumstances had been different, 3 or 4 of them would have beaten Ryan, Travis and Skye for the money.
Ryan benefitted from a few others blowing themselves up in the course of this season

I just enjoyed his humour and presence

Maybe I phrased that wrong, I enjoyed Ryan's presence throughout the season and was rooting for him, but I guess I sort of contradicted myself - I thought Travis was more deserving of the win for aforementioned reasons, came across as a bit more genuine aswell

I thought he was the optimal winner given the pool of housemates in the finale, however, it's kind of disappointing that he doesn't appear to be a fan of big brother like Benjamin and Tim, he didn't apply, didn't have much of a reaction to the previous year housemates in the finale videos etc. - I can't see him getting involved in the Big Brother community at all once he gets past the obligatory interviews and podcasts, or chatting to fans in the street past the 6 months mark haha
He'll be too busy spending his $200,000. I think he'll keep in touch with a few of them otherwise he'll just get on with his life and good luck to him.

Not the worst winner ever, but hardly one of the best either.
I couldn't help thinking watching Sonia interview the evicted housemates that if circumstances had been different, 3 or 4 of them would have beaten Ryan, Travis and Skye for the money.
Ryan benefitted from a few others blowing themselves up in the course of this season
Yeah but they didn't and that's life. The show pony finalists Skye and Travis were ultimately beaten by someone who was cool calm and collected throughout..right choice Australia.

I just enjoyed his humour and presence

Maybe I phrased that wrong, I enjoyed Ryan's presence throughout the season and was rooting for him, but I guess I sort of contradicted myself - I thought Travis was more deserving of the win for aforementioned reasons, came across as a bit more genuine aswell
But you have to remember there are many ways of "playing the game" I don't think Travis was more deserving because of his antics or that he was perceived as a "good guy". The old adage "slow and steady wins the race " seems to have worked in this case.

Very disappointed. He didn't deserve it. He was under the radar for weeks, lurking & observing (scheming). He was a nasty character, always bitching & gossiping, stirring the pot. He seemed very intolerant too. Everything & anything annoyed him. He came across as very angry/hostile. The only thing he had going for him was his looks. And obviously all the girls (and guys) with crushes on him got him over the line.

Or maybe he was quiet about it?

Skye was very vocal about winning BB (like Tim last year). People like that, IMO, shouldn't win.

Funny, I always thought people said Ryan wanted to win huge and that he was the one cocky about it? :sour:

Funny this was a huge reason I wanted him to win. The others were desperate for it whereas Ryan was just there being Ryan.

I didn't even know who Ryan was until week 3 or 4 or so...Personally, I didn't find the majority of the housemates this year interesting at all. Even in the past, the housemates that I liked the least and utterly despised were at least interesting. Sighs. Maybe next year.

Back