Skip to main content

My Kitchen Rules

so will this be the lowest watched final in MKR history? pretty sure nobody believes these two teams should be the final two teams there. I can't be bothered watching it. I have gone this far and I just don't care!

I will watch it because, well, I have to, but my care factor is zero really. But I hope it's Kim & Suong just because Emily is so moody.
I hated what they cooked tonight, especially the main and dessert.

I will watch it because, well, I have to, but my care factor is zero really. But I hope it's Kim & Suong just because Emily is so moody.
I hated what they cooked tonight, especially the main and dessert.
I was with Colin on the main... how does some broth, noodles they didn't make and some seafood still in their shells make it to a semi final dish? And the banoffee Bazzare looked yummier to me than their spheres on a plate!

But I have actually thought that Kim and Suong have been poor cooks right from the beginning and cannot believe they have made it this far either. They have just pulled out a couple of good cooks at the right time.

I really wish these competitions were based on consistency. After all a restaurant is only going to be successful if people cook well every day not once a week. If it was then Henry and Anna and probably Olga and Valeria would be the final two teams. (I would say Sonya and Hadil but...)

With MAFS & MKR ....9 & 7 are utterly bankrupt of any standards, they may as well put all of these turds they recruit in a ring and let 'em wrestle.
DO NOT PRETEND......anymore that these bits of crap are about something.
They are scripted/produced/packaged FIGHTS
And these days BB would be tame in comparison, warm and fuzzy even, there are no morals on 9 & 7, they have even worse shows abounding with exes, naked dating, swingers, whatever
BB would seem like a hppy family/kids show now

And F...off Manu & Pete, the pretend serious promos are beyond laughable
Yet I still watch. But because of Fucktel I can’t watch at the time and have to wait for 7plus

I have caved and am watching the final.... I came this far. I managed through get through the final of BB2014 (only just!) I can do this too!!

I have caved and am watching the final.... I came this far. I managed through get through the final of BB2014 (only just!) I can do this too!!

I watched too and was mildly disappointed with the result.
They made it out to seem as though they only had one bad dish each - but the winners also had two courses consisting of raw tuna and lamb brains. I'm so sick of all this horrible food that normal people don't eat.

We were also commenting on Kim and Suong using Angus beef then cutting it into strips etc fot the entree. Why use a fine and expensive cut of meat for a dish when you can't appreciate what type of meat it is?

But I have to gasp at the concept of a and e running thier own Cafe. Someone needs to be honest with her and tell her she does not have the temprement to handle the stress of a comercial kitchen. He does but she will be a detriment to thier business unless she learns some better stress management techniques.

We were also commenting on Kim and Suong using Angus beef then cutting it into strips etc fot the entree. Why use a fine and expensive cut of meat for a dish when you can't appreciate what type of meat it is?

But I have to gasp at the concept of a and e running thier own Cafe. Someone needs to be honest with her and tell her she does not have the temprement to handle the stress of a comercial kitchen. He does but she will be a detriment to thier business unless she learns some better stress management techniques.

Absolutely agree on Emily not being cut out to work in a professional kitchen, never mind run the whole business. She may be able to pull together relatively creative dishes, but the process of getting there is too stressful, for her and others.

I watched too and was mildly disappointed with the result.
They made it out to seem as though they only had one bad dish each - but the winners also had two courses consisting of raw tuna and lamb brains. I'm so sick of all this horrible food that normal people don't eat.

The Tuna Tartare was a more complicated dish than the wagyu in mustard leaf though.

As far as brains, it's something this foodie judges like, it's also something that is difficult to prepare and cook correctly. You have more room to go wrong with brains. Think of how disgusting you think lamb brains, now imagine them cooked poorly with bad flavours. Overcooked quail with a nice sauce would be way more appetizing.

Even when it comes to the Lobster vs Prawn round. The difference between critiques was not as big as they were for the desert round. For which Kim and Suong did a boring, traditional desert poorly. There was nothing even grand final worthy attempted in their desert.

The one clear triumph round of Kim and Suong was making a sauce and cooking some prawns, vegetables and rice. While they did a better dish, it was not a complicated dish to cook.

All of the first three rounds of Kim and Suong relied on nice sauces. Not different techniques and flavors combining together. It's less exciting and less interesting cooking.

When it comes to the Pork vs Stew round. It is harder and riskier to do the pork, because anything wrong in the cooking ruins the dish. A stew isn't complicated, the most complicated part is the flavours. Yet this is something you can taste and develope. You can also course correct if you make mistakes.

I really don't get a lot of online backlash over the final. Alex and Emily were better cooks throughout the whole season than Kim and Suong. I think it's people putting whatever annoyance at Emily they have into wanting the team sink. I really don't think Kim and Suong delivered or took the risks and chances of a grand final round menu. Not at much as Alex and Emily at least.

Anyone else watching?
decided not to watch this year. Have been enjoying the freedom of not being tied to reality tv. have still got the gist by reading articles and threads in here anyway! How was it?

decided not to watch this year. Have been enjoying the freedom of not being tied to reality tv. have still got the gist by reading articles and threads in here anyway! How was it?

I watched. I think they are trying too hard to make sure they have a nasty team right from the outset, I wish it was more about the cooking.

Agreed about too many reality shows, I have three tonight and it's quite exhausting (lol).

Anyone else?

I find it odd that to all intents and purposes Romel & Ibby are portrayed as a (gay) couple, then last night they decide to drop in a few hints that they are not, with Ibby talking about the kind of women he is attracted to.

Anyone else?

I find it odd that to all intents and purposes Romel & Ibby are portrayed as a (gay) couple, then last night they decide to drop in a few hints that they are not, with Ibby talking about the kind of women he is attracted to.

Is Ibby the handsome one? I just assume that because he always seems to be on the left of the photos and they call his team "Ibby and Romel".

Is Ibby the handsome one? I just assume that because he always seems to be on the left of the photos and they call his team "Ibby and Romel".

Yes. He is the one who owns at least one restaurant, but says he isn't a chef.

Last edited:
Reactions: kxk
I am catching up,those boys OMG what a couple of brats!!

If those brothers are real then they have a real problem.
If they are acting they are doing a great job at stirring the pot.
Looking forward to Manu going off at them tonight.

Back