Skip to main content

Mike Goldman's interview with David and Tim Dormer

Oh, please.
Can you think of some? Usually the really hot guy is stupid or the geeky guy is average looking. Maybe he's like Hayden Moss, but he's a bro type, not a geek. Drew is not a bro type.
Maybe I see Drew as unique because I watch American reality shows? Maybe Australian shows are cast differently.
I really can't think of anyone like Drew. If you have examples I would like to know them.

Last edited:
Agree with this completely. I felt the same. The first time Drew was up before the Drully stuff started he had like a 40% save percentage. To put into perspective of how popular he was, the next highest were Tim and Jade who were tied on only like 20% or something.

Then the Drully stuff started and there was a wave of people hating on Drew, saying he'd lost them, etc. When he was up then the only people that got lower save percentages than him were Heidi and Tully. Says it all really.

It really makes me wonder what might have been with Drew. The fact that he still made it to 4th even after he'd lost so many fans from the start of the show speaks volumes. Tim only won by 2% and as of an hour before the finale started he and Jade were in a deadlock. Tim was very beatable, proven by the fact that he nearly was by someone that had her own fair share of haters.

I'm happy Tim won last year, he deserved it...but I still find his "look at how good I was" "this is how you win BB" talk a bit cringeworthy given he limped into the win really. For all his great work early on he really started to undo it for himself in the final third of the game. That's why I find him telling David he went too hard at the end a bit rich. If anyone was guilty of that it was Tim. Even though it didn't cost him in the end it nearly did so I find his gloating and arrogance there pretty eye-roll worthy.

Yep, last year it became obvious it was futile voting for Drew while Tully was clutching to him like a pet monkey. Drew actually could have given Tim a run for his money. It was the biggest waste of an opportunity.

In this interview Tim seemed to give the indication that he cut Drew loose and that was all part of his plan, but Drew lost the game for himself in the choices he made in the house.

Can you think of some? Usually the really hot guy is stupid or the geeky guy is average looking. Maybe he's like Hayden Moss, but he's a bro type, not a geek. Drew is not a bro type.
Maybe I see Drew as unique because I watch American reality shows? Maybe Australian shows are cast differently.
I really can't think of anyone like Drew. If you have examples I would like to know them.
Close match to Drew was Fabio from Survivor who won the Nicaragua season. Both crazy likeable and super good looking. Only difference, Fabio walked away with a million bucks after convincing all the other contestants that he was a spaced out dope head who could pose no threat, and then OWNED them all in the final challenges. Still remember him getting votes with 420 written on them LOL.

Close match to Drew was Fabio from Survivor who won the Nicaragua season. Both crazy likeable and super good looking. Only difference, Fabio walked away with a million bucks after convincing all the other contestants that he was a spaced out dope head who could pose no threat, and then OWNED them all in the final challenges. Still remember him getting votes with 420 written on them LOL.
Yeah the closest American type to Drew might be the laid back surfer dude but Drew is smarter.
I did remember John Fincher from survivor as possibly being close to Drew's type. He is very good looking but also smart guy/ engineer. But he is way more driven than Drew.

For additional research:images.jpeg survivor-fabio.jpg

I decided John Fincher was too disliked on his season to compete with the insanely likeable Drew.

First of all, excuse me while I laugh my ass off at Drew's "amazing" and "unique" qualities being whittled down to being a "hot geeky guy".

Second of all, Drew wasn't the "geek" archetype of the cast. That was Rohan, and to a lesser extent Xavier. Drew was cast as a beta-male hot guy.

Thirdly, you are asking for a heterosexual male's opinion on hot geeky guys, so bear with me here while I name the following in the space of thirty seconds;

- Marcus Lehman - Survivor: Gabon (doctor, astronomically high IQ - more of a genius than a geek type)

- Pete Yurkowski/Malcolm Freberg - Survivor: Philippines (spent a lot of the post-show making Pokemon references in posts to each other over Twitter)

The ICU nurses from the latest season of TARAUS (Daniel and Ryan) could also constitute as "non-bro hot guys".

First of all, excuse me while I laugh my ass off at Drew's "amazing" and "unique" qualities being whittled down to being a "hot geeky guy".

Second of all, Drew wasn't the "geek" archetype of the cast. That was Rohan, and to a lesser extent Xavier. Drew was cast as a beta-male hot guy.

Thirdly, you are asking for a heterosexual male's opinion on hot geeky guys, so bear with me here while I name the following in the space of thirty seconds;

- Marcus Lehman - Survivor: Gabon (doctor, astronomically high IQ - more of a genius than a geek type)

- Pete Yurkowski/Malcolm Freberg - Survivor: Philippines (spent a lot of the post-show making Pokemon references in posts to each other over Twitter)

The ICU nurses from the latest season of TARAUS (Daniel and Ryan) could also constitute as "non-bro hot guys".
Well I wasn't listing everything. Usually the correlation between looks and smart is somewhat inversely proportional. Also, Drew is extremely likable and fits in well with different groups Drew is definitely a geek, he and Tully commented about it.

Malcolm is a great suggestion. I think he is the closest to Drew. But Malcolm has more of the bro vibe and was a college athlete.

Thanks for the reply. I honestly hadn't been able to think of anyone close to Drew.
I didn't see the last amazing race season.

Attachments

• malcolm-freberg-survivor-philippines-finale.jpg
    malcolm-freberg-survivor-philippines-finale.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Well I wasn't listing everything. Usually the correlation between looks and smart is somewhat inversely proportional. Also, Drew is extremely likable and fits in well with different groups Drew is definitely a geek, he and Tully commented about it.

Malcolm is a great suggestion. I think he is the closest to Drew. But Malcolm has more of the bro vibe and was a college athlete.

Thanks for the reply. I honestly hadn't been able to think of anyone close to Drew.

Sometimes I think I should give Survivor another go.

Drew was rowing captain of his school and definitely has the bro-vibe. He hangs around in bars, I don't see many "geeks" doing that. Sorry but I really disagree with your assessment of Drew being this amazingly "unique" casting choice.[DOUBLEPOST=1416655383][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sometimes I think I should give Survivor another go.

You'd wanna watch Survivor: Philippines. One of the best seasons in recent years, and not just because of the eye candy men and women they cast :)

At least with Survivor they are willing to cast a couple of token people over the age of 30. Some of the older contestants have been the most interesting. Not everyone on that show wants to be famous, they want to be rich.

Or they want to experience something they've been a fan of since the show began in 2000.
True. Cochran springs to mind, he was a superfan apparently, all over the forums in the years before he was cast.

My favourite early season was Survivor Australia with that hottie Texan guy Colby. It's just a shame it went through a stage where the show sort of got taken over by the greedy famewhores like Rob Mariano, and Russell Hantz.

True. My favourite early season was Survivor Australia with that hottie Texan guy Colby. It's just a shame it went through a stage where the show sort of got taken over by the greedy famewhores like Rob Mariano, and Russell Hantz.
Boston Rob ruined not one but two Survivors, AND an Amazing Race. Fuck wit.[DOUBLEPOST=1416657385][/DOUBLEPOST]
Or they want to experience something they've been a fan of since the show began in 2000.
Dysentery and parasites? Eek.

Boston Rob ruined not one but two Survivors, AND an Amazing Race. Fuck wit.
They were going to keep casting Boston Rob until he won. I don't know why, but they handed him a win in the end by casting him with a bunch of dimwits and that crazy African-American guy Phillip. The only one they can keep bringing back and I'll be fine with it, is Rupert. I would love to see the return of Fabio.

True. Cochran springs to mind, he was a superfan apparently, all over the forums in the years before he was cast.

Yuck. Give me superfans like Dawn, Spencer, Allie, Jill, Malcolm and Erik over Cochran. Please.

Boston Rob ruined not one but two Survivors, AND an Amazing Race. Fuck wit.

Thank god he didn't ruin two AR seasons. I'm not a huge fan of Charla and Mirna, but I loved the way that All-Stars leg finished.

Dysentery and parasites? Eek.
Fun fun fun!

Back