Skip to main content

Mike Goldman to host online spin off The Big Bro Show

Moved to a new thread - that button is there for a reason.

Wasn't a huge fan of Mike Goldman in a hosting capacity but actually think this is a fairly smart move. He'll actually probably be the only one really interviewing the evictees. Think it is fair to say this probably replaces the previously announced "Eye Spy".

Disagree completely. I think Mike Goldman is terrible in any capacity. Sick of him being involved in Big Brother and ruining it every time. They need to revamp it, not make it the old failure it was.

tenor.gif

Moved to a new thread - that button is there for a reason.

Wasn't a huge fan of Mike Goldman in a hosting capacity but actually think this is a fairly smart move. He'll actually probably be the only one really interviewing the evictees. Think it is fair to say this probably replaces the previously announced "Eye Spy".
@Brekkie
Im interested in your opinion. I have a laymans perspective at best on these matters.
Goldman to me was fine in the yesteryear but his continued petitoning and desperation over the years to be involved in anything bb is a tad worrying for me. Like someone who yearns for the glory of the past. I dont think he is particularly better placed or more adept to do the job due to past glories.
Thoughts?

@Brekkie
Im interested in your opinion. I have a laymans perspective at best on these matters.
Goldman to me was fine in the yesteryear but his continued petitoning and desperation over the years to be involved in anything bb is a tad worrying for me. Like someone who yearns for the glory of the past. I dont think he is particularly better placed or more adept to do the job due to past glories.
Thoughts?
Believe me I'm personally with you on Mike Goldman and think it's right the main show has moved on, but I think as the show is struggling to engage with fans of the original run it is probably a smart move to involve him in this capacity at arms length.

I'm guessing here this show has been commissioned in response to the conditions surrounding COVID-19, almost certainly as a replacement for Eye Spy. If it works fine, if it doesn't - or they realise Mike isn't the BB god he thinks he is, they just replace him next year - assuming the main show makes it that far.

And when Mike Godman saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more big brother seasons to conquer.

Our international visitors here might not realise it, but MG does *heaps* of voice overs for advertisements on free to air tv here in Oz. Never been sure if this is a comedown or not?

They are even commenting on the Office page’s posts...

Attachments

• 83F9F0C3-9F29-4164-9424-05F16C338A98.jpeg
    83F9F0C3-9F29-4164-9424-05F16C338A98.jpeg
    472.4 KB · Views: 47
Our international visitors here might not realise it, but MG does *heaps* of voice overs for advertisements on free to air tv here in Oz. Never been sure if this is a comedown or not?

So, Mike seems to have all but confirmed that the first episode will go live on Monday (presumably following Launch). I wonder if this will be a weekly thing or scheduled after every episode.

It's also interesting to note that The Big Bro Show seems very separate from the production of the actual series. After looking into it and reading some of Mike's comments on his page, I get the feeling this might've been a concept pitched by Mike to keep himself involved with the show, produced in a similar way to his podcast, and Seven have only agreed to let him use the 7News website as a platform to stream it from. (Perhaps they see some potential by promoting it?)

I don't believe it's officially affiliated at all. I was watching the now deleted promo again and I realised it almost looks self-made. A quick glance at the "official" Big Bro Show Facebook page also confuses me a lot.

Last edited:
So, Mike seems to have all but confirmed that the first episode will go live on Monday (presumably following Launch). I wonder if this will be a weekly thing or scheduled after every episode.

It's also interesting to note that The Big Bro Show seems very separate from the production of the actual series. After looking into it and reading some of Mike's comments on his page, I get the feeling this might've been a concept pitched by Mike to keep himself involved with the show, produced in a similar way to his podcast, and Seven have only agreed to let him use the 7News website as a platform to stream it from. (Perhaps they see some potential by promoting it?)

I don't believe it's officially affiliated at all. I was watching the now deleted promo again and I realised it almost looks self-made. A quick glance at the "official" Big Bro Show Facebook page also confuses me a lot.
I don’t think there is an official Facebook page.
If you’re talking about this one: https://www.facebook.com/TheBigBroShow/
I think it’s run by the same lady who has the page ‘Big Brother Australia Mega Fans’ https://www.facebook.com/BBAU2020/

I don’t think there is an official Facebook page.
If you’re talking about this one: https://www.facebook.com/TheBigBroShow/
I think it’s run by the same lady who has the page ‘Big Brother Australia Mega Fans’ https://www.facebook.com/BBAU2020/
Yeah, hence the quotations. It definitely looks shonky af and the posts have zero credibility. But they've set themselves up to appear as "the" page for the show and keep referring to themselves as such in various comments on both the BBAU and Mike Goldman pages, of whom the latter has been conversing with quite a bit. So that's why I'm confused. Perhaps somebody just has far too much time on their hands? lol.

Either way, BBS is a Mike Goldman production, not a Seven one:

MG-BBS-FB.jpg

Yeah, hence the quotations. It definitely looks shonky af and the posts have zero credibility. But they've set themselves up to appear as "the" page for the show and keep referring to themselves as such in various comments on both the BBAU and Mike Goldman pages, of whom the latter has been conversing with quite a bit. So that's why I'm confused. Perhaps somebody just has far too much time on their hands? lol.

Either way, BBS is a Mike Goldman production, not a Seven one:

View attachment 55410
She is a huge Mike fan and is always commenting on his stuff.

So maybe there will still be Eye Spy on 7Plus/Plus7 whatever the heck it is, after all.

And just coming back to my earlier comment about Roy & HG. They should really do a Big Brother companion show. It'd be better than the actual version.

So maybe there will still be Eye Spy on 7Plus/Plus7 whatever the heck it is, after all.

And just coming back to my earlier comment about Roy & HG. They should really do a Big Brother companion show. It'd be better than the actual version.
I would have thought that we would have heard something more about it if it was still happening, by now. It is weird that the Big Bro Show is not on 7Plus

Back