Skip to main content

Mike Goldman to host online spin off The Big Bro Show

I don’t know how but Goldman aged really well?? He’s so much more attractive than he used to be when he was getting his hair dyed.

i wonder if they will cancel eye spy now they have big bro show or if it was just a working title.

Moved to a new thread - that button is there for a reason.

Wasn't a huge fan of Mike Goldman in a hosting capacity but actually think this is a fairly smart move. He'll actually probably be the only one really interviewing the evictees. Think it is fair to say this probably replaces the previously announced "Eye Spy".

Yeah. Dunno about goldman. Dont get me wrong. Think he did a good job back in the day filling in blank time at late night.
But will his "shtick" be perceived as old and tired now? Particularly by younger viewers not that au fait with him?

With an eviction happening every episode, a nice online side-show would be great. Especially since this is a gameplay format, I'd be keen to see the housemates probed further into their gameplay and game-reasoning. I also think Mike Goldman is a great addition to BBAU - he's been a longstanding figure in the community and clearly cares about the show so it's a nice fit!

Who can forget, his attempt to srtup his own behindbigbrother.com.au :eek:
Also. Channel 7 aren't making much of an effort to create a dedicated website. I remember the earlier seasons having fab looking sites.
These screengrabs are from the 2004 season broadcast recordings which hinted at the site. I tried the wayback machine and didnt have much luck for any useful graphics.
Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 06.33.19.jpgScreen Shot 2020-05-27 at 06.34.38.jpg

Last edited:
As an international fan the official websites is how I mainly followed BB around the world early on and the first Aussie season had a great site. You didn't need to watch the show in those days to know what was going on - there was plenty of news content, live feed updates and short videos available - and not geo-blocked either.

Facebook and Twitter are no substitute for your own website, and just sticking video content up is no substitute for a quick news article too.

It is possible I suppose they might do an app, but with the show being episodic there isn't much to report between shows really.

Does anyone know why they're putting it on the 7 news website? I don't see the logic, I would've rathered it on the 7plus site.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why they're putting it on the 7 news website? I don't see the logic, I would've rathered it on the 7plus site.

There was supposed to be another show on 7plus called Eye Spy.

'The series will feature “discussion, the hottest content and digital sponsorship opportunities.” It’s not clear if this means Adults Only elements'.

Unless that show has been renamed and moved to 7news.

Back