Skip to main content

Masterchef: The Professionals 2013

W

wynter

Starting this Sunday night at 7.30pm on Ten with Matt Preston and Marco Pierre White
I'm looking forward to this version.

748452-masterchef.jpg

This seasons contestants.
http://www.masterchef.com.au/introducing-the-chefs.htm

"CAN Marco Pierre White re-invigorate the MasterChef franchise?
After watching the first episode of MasterChef: The Professionals, the answer is a resounding ‘yes’.
White, former bad boy of the UK restaurant scene, brings a simmering charisma to Ten’s cooking show.
The 51-year-old can be downright scary when he gets one of the 18 qualified chefs in his sights.
White is renowned as the youngest British chef to win three Michelin stars and he is the author of the bestselling White Heat cookbook.
White is also famous as the chef that made Gordon Ramsay cry.
White warns MasterChef: The Professional contestants "I’m not here to be your friend" and he means it.
One contestant admits “I kind of s**t myself” when he heard White was going to be the Professionals co-host with Matt Preston.
Another contestant calls White “the devil himself”.
Even the usually boisterous Preston seems overawed.
The first episode of MasterChef: The Professionals is filmed in the show’s new purpose-built professional kitchen at the Melbourne Showgrounds.
The massive set also includes a fully operational restaurant.
It is clear early on that viewers will learn a lot more about contestants’ personal life than is usual with MasterChef Australia’s amateur cooks.
Coop Woodstone has a daughter, Viena, that is battling a rare brain tumour. Bonny Porter battles deafness. Matty McKenzie has overcome heavy drug addiction.
Contestants range in ages from 19 (Cassie Delves) to 47 (Tracey Holderness).
The first challenge White sets is a three-course-dinner for 120 people.
Things soon start going wrong under White’s demanding glare. Food is accidentally served up raw, ingredients are missed, plates are allowed to go cold.
“Use your fingers, they’re there for burning,” an exasperated White tells one contestant who is taking too long.
Contestants are fighting for $200,000 in prize money and a trip around the world.
White is the perfect person to spice up MasterChef: The Professionals. He is the new ingredient that makes Professionals the tastiest MasterChef ever.
MasterChef: The Professionals premieres on Channel 10 on Sunday, January 20.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/marco-pierre-whites-masterchef-professionals-the-tastiest-series-yet/story-e6frfmyi-1226552131005#ixzz2Hwje0w7J"

I'll be watching. I'm not sure how it will work in the early stages as there are unlikely to be any total disasters, but you never know.

I love marco, have ever since I saw him doing a great job on Hells Kitchen unlike dickhead Gordon who just flaps about screaming.

This should be so much better than home cooks.

My bestie was invited to one of the big event dinners. Italian theme, she is part Italian & a teacher, they invited Italian background people.
It was about 100 or so, 3 courses, very nice. She said it was great fun.And everyone was lovely.

Said the set looks similar, and they have done a good job on the showgrounds sets

Oooh! I can't wait! I love Masterchef. I also like MKR, which I watched for the first time in 2012. I guess it'll be watch one, tape the other.

...I think that the main thing we all need to do on here is to start a betting pool up on this when the show is in full swing...

...Ben proposed to Ben on Big Brother on Channel 9...

benjamin_proposes_to ben on big brother.jpg

...Josh proposed to Jenner on the Block on Channel 9...

josh-proposing-to-jenner on the block.jpg

... so the big question will be... who will be proposing to who by the end of Master Chef or My Kitchen Rules?... let's face it... the proposals are ratings grabbers and they all sign contracts at the beginning of the show... perhaps two of them will be obliged to do that within their contracts?... [COLOR="#F0000"]**joke**[/COLOR]... (I'm just messing with your heads lol!)... then again... if it DOES happen then either I'm correct with the contract thing or just a bloody good Psychic... lol!... cheers.

Oh Yay!

There is a Masterchef thread!!

I can't wait till tonight!

There is something so super sexy about Marco White.

Just quietly, I wouldn't mind sautéing him in melted chocolate and serving him up with a garnish of naked...

I can't wait till tonight, and I look forward to criticising, I mean critiquing the show to pieces!

In closing I would like to add:-

I want my quail!

I want my quail!

I WANT MY QUAIL!!!!!!!

At the start where the contestants file in one by one introducing themselves felt a little big brother-esque. :)

I like the changes so far, it makes it feel a little fresher.

Well, I'll continue watching. Matt Preston, putting his fingers to his lips and looking worried - priceless! And always misleading! :D

Contestants annoyed me - full of themselves and most of those fell in a heap. The guy that left seemed like a nice guy but just shouldn't have lied about the pastry. Love Marco and Matt. Will probably keep watching :)

I'm disappointed they didn't show more dessert production :( that was the bit I was most looking forward to. But there'll be plenty of that in the future. Watching it makes me damn excited to get back to class (I'm studying patisserie).

I thought the beginning where they all came in and looked at their recipes on the screens was awkward. However I still loved the show. I instantly liked the 3 chef hated guy because he tied hair up tight and wore a chefy hat. Nice change from the amateurs with their hair dangling over the food prep. Does Coops look familiar to anyone? I can't think where I've seen him before.

There are a couple who look familiar from Ready Steady Cook, the guy with the sick kid has been on that; I recall Matty from Jamie's 15 - and I think he had some major issues to overcome but can't remember for sure.

I like marco & matt together and it's a relief not having George bouncing around like a dick.

I loved it!

I loved the selection of cooks and I really look forward to sinking my teeth into it --> when I say it I of course mean Marco's left nipple...

Ha!

Jam - I almost fell off my chair then, Preston isn't that in the boondocks somewhere? You don't belong there!...

Then of course the penny dropped - and I realised it's Matt

I want to get a MC pop up invite, where do I need to lurk? Anyone have any insider info????The tram would have been fab.
Fed sq looks awesome.

Jam - I almost fell off my chair then, Preston isn't that in the boondocks somewhere? You don't belong there!...

Then of course the penny dropped - and I realised it's Matt

I want to get a MC pop up invite, where do I need to lurk? Anyone have any insider info????The tram would have been fab.
Fed sq looks awesome.

Lol!!!! Preston is fine, but it's definitely not my sashaying ground! The tram looked great fun, didn't it?

I loved it!

I loved the selection of cooks and I really look forward to sinking my teeth into it --> when I say it I of course mean Marco's left nipple...

Ha!

I reckon Matt would be sooooo much fun in the sack. Marco would be screaming 'I want my orgasm. I want my orgasm! I WANT MY ORGASM!!!!' I'd be like 'You're the chef, baby, cook one up yourself.'

I reckon Matt would be sooooo much fun in the sack. Marco would be screaming 'I want my orgasm. I want my orgasm! I WANT MY ORGASM!!!!' I'd be like 'You're the chef, baby, cook one up yourself.'

LOL you are a bad girl Jam.

Thinking Marco could have a foot fetish?

Marco-Pierre-White-_995860f.jpg

Back