Skip to main content

Masterchef 2020

Sorry to lose Poh, my all time fave.

Reese's dish was ridiculous. Basically Pringles with ice cream and beetroot!
I know there was technique, but who would ever eat that.

Shame Poh left.

She doesn't back her instincts enough. She suffers from brain farts.

She should have won in the first series, but they gave it to Julie, the home cook.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I think Poh is her own worst enemy at times. Takes too many last minute chances.
At least she went out laughing and smiling!
EDIT - oops, now she's having a little cry right at the end.

Last edited:
Ergh. You don't do a redemption cook in a tight elimination challenge, you cook to your strengths. She could have made so many tasty dishes with those mushrooms... or whatever. So disappointed for her. I was hoping she'd win the season.

One of the over-confident girls is going to win, and that seemed inevitable from the start.
Laura keeps saying "I'm not a bad person". No one is saying she is, but she, Emilia and Tessa have never learned humility.
Everyone is like "I'm going to make a BEAUTIFUL..." and they don't react well to criticism or advice because they feel they know it all already.
Poh's experience on the show was more endearing because we saw all of her doubts and struggles and we were rooting for her to overcome them.

The one bright side of Poh leaving is I no longer have to read conspiracy theory comments on Masterchef Facebook about how the show is completely rigged to set her up for a win.

One of the over-confident girls is going to win, and that seemed inevitable from the start.
Laura keeps saying "I'm not a bad person". No one is saying she is, but she, Emilia and Tessa have never learned humility.
Everyone is like "I'm going to make a BEAUTIFUL..." and they don't react well to criticism or advice because they feel they know it all already.
Poh's experience on the show was more endearing because we saw all of her doubts and struggles and we were rooting for her to overcome them.

I think Emilia seems nicer than the other two.

Reynold doesn't always take criticism well either, you can see it in his face sometimes.

Poh on the other hand, is quite nitpicky with herself, and usually already knows what might be right or wrong with her dish already, and tells the judges before they even taste it. This is sometimes her downfall with the audience as she is too critical of herself sometimes, and the haters immediately jump on what she says as fuel for their criticisms of her. Case in point - she kept going on about how her lemon cake is so simple. Cue the haters complaining how she won with a simple dish. These same people, if they had gotten a cake that looked like that for their birthday, would probably be posting photos bragging about how fabulous it is on social media. Same thing with the roti not being as caramelised as she wanted, and a bunch of other things.

Out of all the ones left, I think Callum is my favourite (Reece is lovely but he doesn't seem to have as much range as Callum), but I don't hold out much hope for him to win.

They all did well tonight, but it still seemed like a filler episode.
With only 5 people cooking, why waste time choosing a top three to cook again for immunity, rather than just giving it to someone tonight?

Reactions: Lyf
Back