Skip to main content

Masterchef 2020

I liked Dani but it was Poh and Reynold from that teaser who were must keeps.
Dani is not a good enough cook to take such big risks. She should have played her immunity, or not placed so much importance on one egg.

Crunch is great when it's you doing the crunching, but listening to other people is unbearable.

I am ok with that, she was never one of my favourites. I am just glad that neither Poh or Reynold were eliminated tonight.
Yes, I'd rather Reynold and Poh remained. Someone had to go, and I'm glad it wasn't either of them.

Or when it came down to who was actually in the bottom 5, Brendan or Kahn.
I think I got confused there. Poh and Reynold weren't even in that elimination round 🤔

I was coming back to edit that before anyone noticed! 🤭

I think I got confused there. Poh and Reynold weren't even in that elimination round 🤔

I was coming back to edit that before anyone noticed! 🤭

It's ok, it all makes sense.
Poh, Reynold, Callum, Hayden and Dani were in the "one of these favourites will go" ad, so we thought they were in danger.
Then the actual bottom 5 was Callum, Hayden, Dani, Brendan and Khanh.

I think the judging is a bit too skewed towards the judges personal tastes.
For example, the Thai challenge was clearly geared towards making the dishes hot and spicy. But not everyone likes that. The only times I've had Thai I've gone for the mildest option available (Pad Thai noodles & prawns with no chilli).
If I served that it would no doubt be considered bland, and lose to something mouth-burning.

Also, soft-shelled crab is possibly one of my least favourite things I've ever eaten and you couldn't pay me to try it again.

They look funny in that little garden, especially when they ran over to do the taste test!

Back