Skip to main content

Masterchef 2019

Losing a likable commentator like Derek or Simon before the top ten would be maDNESS. i HAVE NO FAITH THAT ACTUALLY COOKING HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT. wHAT dEREK ATTEMPTED LAST NIGHT WAS CLEVER. yES, IT DIDN'T WORK, BUT IF IT WAS ONE OF THE GIRLS THEY WOULD HAVE MADE EXCUSES AND PRAISED THE WILLINGNESS TO TAKE RISKS.
mY ONLY HOPE IS THAT THE COMPLETE SATURATION COVERAGE OF sTEPH MEANS THAT SHE WAS THE CHOSEN NARRATOR FOR THE FIRST HALF OF thE SEASON, THEN IS A "SHOCK" EXIT.

(sORRY FOR THE capslock, using a very dodgy temporary laptop).

TV WEEK Spoiler says a "shock elimination" this week that illustrates to the contestants that none of them are safe........so either that's tonight or Thursday night.
As the promo for tonight is all about Derek, I bet it's meant to be deceptive, and instead Steph or Simon goes

Losing a likable commentator like Derek or Simon before the top ten would be maDNESS. i HAVE NO FAITH THAT ACTUALLY COOKING HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT. wHAT dEREK ATTEMPTED LAST NIGHT WAS CLEVER. yES, IT DIDN'T WORK, BUT IF IT WAS ONE OF THE GIRLS THEY WOULD HAVE MADE EXCUSES AND PRAISED THE WILLINGNESS TO TAKE RISKS.
mY ONLY HOPE IS THAT THE COMPLETE SATURATION COVERAGE OF sTEPH MEANS THAT SHE WAS THE CHOSEN NARRATOR FOR THE FIRST HALF OF thE SEASON, THEN IS A "SHOCK" EXIT.

(sORRY FOR THE capslock, using a very dodgy temporary laptop).
I just read that as you being overly excited :)

What a freaking relief!

It was such a tense episode!
Every time Steph boasted about how she'd nailed almost every beautiful element, I was thinking, REALLY?
I expected them to draw out the result more and make it seem like Derek was going home, but once they revealed how uncooked Steph's frangipan was, Dereks letter fold and lack of tempered chocolate was minor. Derek's would still taste good, Steph's wouldn't.

And?
Drum roll .... .... I didn't see the end but want to know if Derek stayed and who went. PLEASE tell me Steph went!

Yes, Simon nailed it, Derek stayed and Steph went,
Yes! I've just watched it, I actually scared myself at my excitement to see Steph leave! I don't know why I disliked her so much, it's not as if she came over as rude, ignorant or not a nice person, she just had an attitude that turned me off her.
SO happy for Derek., and Simon. Though Derek is my favourite all round. I have quite taken to Tati, too, I like her voice! I keep thinking though how unfortunate her name is when it's pronounced either Tatty or Tarty! 😅
I can't believe Steph calls herself Spicey Steph. I just Googled it after reading at the end of the program she's set up a website ...
http://www.spicysteph.com/ - not that anything is happening there yet.

Last edited:
I think Steph means well, ie. she's not nasty, but she's so full of herself, like Tamara. Everything is "beautiful" and she makes everything about her.
The excess positivity can be very draining to watch and to me comes across as slightly fake (and it does crumble under pressure - several times she has a bit of a sulk when the judges don't praise her).
I wish her well in real life, but... not my type of person.

I suppose everyone is somebody's favourite.

Adelaide contestant Ben was in the newspaper today comparing loud shirts and cravats with Matt Preston.

Where was Howard demanding this show be taken off air after that beach episode!? Those bare legs were the most offensive moment of Australian television ever!

I joke. I don't actually watch this show. 😝

Is it unfair of me that I find Tim taking over Masterchef to be totally nauseating? It's obvious Channel 10 sees him as the next ex Masterchef contestant to have a media career, a la Matt Sinclair or Justine Schofield.
I reckon they've picked out Tim to be the last of the men standing, I wonder who the favoured females are this year? Probably anyone blonde, like Tessa or Nicole.

I suppose everyone is somebody's favourite.

Adelaide contestant Ben was in the newspaper today comparing loud shirts and cravats with Matt Preston.
Ben's actually a very quirky sort of person, if you follow him on social media.

Is it unfair of me that I find Tim taking over Masterchef to be totally nauseating? It's obvious Channel 10 sees him as the next ex Masterchef contestant to have a media career, a la Matt Sinclair or Justine Schofield.
I reckon they've picked out Tim to be the last of the men standing, I wonder who the favoured females are this year? Probably anyone blonde, like Tessa or Nicole.

He seems like an ok person, but yes, his over-exposure is annoying. Right from the start with the almost non-existent comparisons to Prince Harry, it was clear he was one of the pets.

Happy for Ben. Christina and Nicole deserved the win. Still not fussed on Larissa

Yay for Ben, I quite like Larissa too. Christina's OK.
Any tips on who misses out on the Top 10 tomorrow night?

Back