Skip to main content

Masterchef 2019

Waleed is fake eliminated tonight, and then eliminated for real, replaced by probably Tim.............my gut feeling

I'm just getting through last Wednesday and Thursdays episodes. I'm doing a lot of fast forwarding to get to the outcome.
No point in putting my two bobs worth in, as it's all been said.

I would suggest they defiantly cut down from 24 contestants. 16-20 would be ideal. Sunday-Thursday format could still work, however rather than 2 eliminations per week 1 would be better, along with no more cook offs against professional chefs and rather the contestants cook off for a guaranteed immunity pin. More offsite challenges would be nice I think. I think a less consistent and mundane structure needs to occur. Consistent Top 3 and Btm 3 only ever helps the editing of those 6 contestants, with the ones in the middle receiving almost no air time.

This is looking interesting. I think it's Sunday's episode. Walleed, Christina and Nicole with the cloches. Thought I'd pause and comment 😊

Unsurprising outcome. Matt Sinclair was super sweet with how nervous he was

I'm still a day behind due to visitors, but I didn't enjoy the elimination and returning contestants. Walleed's exit was overdue, and none of them should come back. That it was a judge's pet with an imaginary resemblance to a royal was a huge non-shock. None of the others stood a chance, not because they can't cook, but due to lack of telegenics.

Add me to the list of those who aren't fans of Tim, the Prince Harry lookalike. He's so obviously the pet of the judges this year that it's nauseating. And the amount of camera time he gets is a sign that Channel 10 think he's the next Matt Sinclair or Justine Schofield, so expect a cooking show hosted by Tim Bone in 2020.
My tip for the final 6, taking into account the biases of the 3 judges and the production team: Tim, Derek, Sanjeev, Tessa, Steph, Abbey.
The other 7 still there will make up the next batch of eliminated contestants over the next month or so, probably starting with the next two eliminated people being girls, and then Ben and Simon go

The only redeeming part of the season this year is Matt Sinclair - major TV talent, obviously has gone on to bigger and better things since his season of Masterchef, and in spite of the 3 amigos thinking he wasn't good enough to win the series a few years ago.
Put Matt Sinclair on the judging panel in future is my suggestion, Mehigan or Colambaris need to be retired.

I'm not a big Tim fan. *thumbs down*
I can't even guess who'll be the final six, but I do hope Derek will be there. In fact, my money is on him winning it!
Can't wait to see Steph go!

My ideal outcome from here on -
1. Derek
2. Simon (happy for him to win if Derek doesn't)
3. Tati
4. Anushka
5. Ben

Indifferent :
Christina
Larissa
Sandeep
Nicole

Want out :
Steph
Tim
Abbey
Tessa

Of course, some of the blonde girls will do much better with the judges.

My ideal outcome from here on -
1. Derek
2. Simon (happy for him to win if Derek doesn't)
3. Tati
4. Anushka
5. Ben

Indifferent :
Christina
Larissa
Sandeep
Nicole

Want out :
Steph
Tim
Abbey
Tessa

Of course, some of the blonde girls will do much better with the judges.
Yup, I'm with you on that list 100 per cent!

Personally this is how I want it to go.

Love:
1. Tessa
2. Anushka
3.Larissa
4.Ben
5.Simon
6.Christina

Indifferent
7.Nicole
8.Steph
9.Derek
10.Abbey

Want out:
11.Tim
12.Tati
13.Sandeep

I think I’m definitely in the minority here with Derek. I just don’t see the great deal about it him, and I struggle to understand why no one else here seems to see the skill of Tessa.

I think I’m definitely in the minority here with Derek. I just don’t see the great deal about it him, and I struggle to understand why no one else here seems to see the skill of Tessa.

I think with Tessa, it's her personality that rubs me the wrong way. Like Abbey, she comes across as very cocky.
Derek, by contrast, is very appealing because he radiates positivity without boasting about himself.

Derek was a great captain, that whole green team worked well together.
Anouska on the other hand for the reds - totally hopeless. And that salad she spent 3 hours making looked horrible. She deserves to go home tomorrow, but I bet she doesn't.

My favourites out of the ones left: Derek, Ben, Simon, Tati, Christina, Tessa
Indifferent about: Nicole, Steph, Larissa, Sanjeev, Abby
Sick of: Tim

Back