Skip to main content

Masterchef 2019

This season, if you're in the green team, you're cursed, all the green team members seem to end up in eliminations.
I reckon too that the 3 amigos have largely decided who'll be in their final 6 or 7, and most of the people up for elimination tonight will be picked off, bit by bit, until they get to the last 3 weeks or so.
So I predict Ben and Joe won't be around much longer, to start with, and Waleed won't either, even though he lucked out last night by having Matt Sinclair mentor him

I have a clear favourite (Derek) and a second tier of favourites (Tati, Simon) and third (Ben, Anushka).
Beyond that I don't really care what the elimination order is, apart from the sooner the better for Steph.

Up to the end of round one here.
What a surprise that the three saved are 3 of their blonde pet girls (again being blonde girls is not their fault, but the judges bias/drooling for them is obvious).
Three boys and the unlucky girl into the elimination round.
I hope Simon pulls through. Nicole will be fine. I think that's it for Joe or Ben.

I liked Joe, another person I liked who gets sent home too early, while Gary and George and Matt protect their pet girls, namely Steph.
Oh well, at least Ben is still there...............he's worth following on social media, his tweets are hilarious

Jeez only 564,000 watched Masterchef last night and that’s with no major competition. It’s clear this season isn’t resonating with viewers and the format fatigue is more than obvious. It’s been said many times already in here, but there really is no other way to describe this season.

I was about to start watching my Recording and Studio 10 spoiled the ending for me.

Thanks.

Disappointing result - I quite liked Joe

This year's season is really quite boring, fatigue has set in, in terms of the format and the three judges.
However, I still like popping in and out of Masterchef to follow the action, and there are some genuinely good creative cooks on this year, namely Derek and Sandeev and Simon and Nicole and Tati.
So, not entirely giving up on it altogether, but it needs a shakeup in 2020, big time, like freshening up the judging panel, surely it's time to retire Gary and George for example.
And like last year and the year before, Gary and George and Matt are playing favourites, 2 or 3 contestants seem to get protected from either being in eliminations or being in danger of actually getting eliminated. A case in point was last night - if you're female and you're blonde, chances are the 3 amigos will give you a few more breaks than the likes of Tim or Joe or Kyle or Ben.

Up to the end of round one here.
What a surprise that the three saved are 3 of their blonde pet girls (again being blonde girls is not their fault, but the judges bias/drooling for them is obvious).
Three boys and the unlucky girl into the elimination round.
I hope Simon pulls through. Nicole will be fine. I think that's it for Joe or Ben.
Nicole's face...but I'm blonde too,how come I wasnt saved

This year's season is really quite boring, fatigue has set in, in terms of the format and the three judges.
However, I still like popping in and out of Masterchef to follow the action, and there are some genuinely good creative cooks on this year, namely Derek and Sandeev and Simon and Nicole and Tati.
So, not entirely giving up on it altogether, but it needs a shakeup in 2020, big time, like freshening up the judging panel, surely it's time to retire Gary and George for example.
And like last year and the year before, Gary and George and Matt are playing favourites, 2 or 3 contestants seem to get protected from either being in eliminations or being in danger of actually getting eliminated. A case in point was last night - if you're female and you're blonde, chances are the 3 amigos will give you a few more breaks than the likes of Tim or Joe or Kyle or Ben.
The gave Matt sinclaire such a hard time and look how they are sucking up now since he is such a success and proved them all wrong

Ha! The poor, maligned Brussell Sprout. Few seem to have acquired a taste for them... such that they've tried to murder 'em with a frypan or the oven! But, they survive! Bursting with deliciousness, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
489,000 for last night, yikes. I think this will easily be the lowest rating series for Masterchef yet in all 11 series. I’m starting to doubt that 1,000,000+ will even bother with the finale.

Channel 10 has renewed Masterchef for 2020, so no danger of it being cancelled, but they really need to freshen up the judging panel(by replacing one of the 3 existing judges with Matt Sinclair, would be my suggestion), and shorten the number of initial contestants from 24 down to 16. Fatigue factor has certainly set in this year with the show.
And all the confected drama last night about George and the chillis.
I suspect the final 5 will be something like Derek, Sandeev and Simon or Ben or Tim, and also Abbey(judges pet) and Tati

Back