Skip to main content

Masterchef 2019

Pretty clear Tim, Steph and Larissa are the judges favourites. Sorry Ben 😔

I despair at how bad literacy is these days.

"How do you spell Pho?"

Written on a board : Chard corn

Glad Derek and Simon are up for immunity.
Being teamed with Abbey must have been a challenge, but Derek is great with managing people.

It was a shame Steph and Larissa set fire to their truck, I would have liked to have seen them in the bottom on the basis of their cooking, after Steph's insufferable bragging. "I don't know anyone who doesn't like" (whatever it was she cooked) she says. Yes, because the people who have eaten your food represent everyone, everywhere.

No need to watch tonight, we can all guess who's going home, Ben's got no chance up against 3 judges pets.

Tim of course might get a 2nd chance to reenter the competition later on.
I reckon there are far weaker cooks still in the competition - Waleed and Joe come to mind.
The problem with the format of these team challenges is that they often result in a really good cook like Tim going home far too early.

Surprised they let a pet go, but glad Ben survived.
I don't really have anything against Larissa beyond the favouritism, but Steph is extremely irritating in the way she is always bragging that she's so good at everything and every dish is so "beautiful".

LOL that Matt was the only judge to give the guest chef a negative raspberry, but then scores it a 9, versus Heckle and Jeckle's fawning adulation equalling only 8.

Billie is a pretty boring mentor, nice enough as she is!
I did the sums from the intro tonight, out of the final 24, only 9 of them are boys. I reckon the odds are on a woman winning this year, maybe only Sandeev and Derek and perhaps Simon are realistic male winner chances(convinced Joe and Ben and Waleed are still there only by luck really, although Ben could be a dark horse if he does something spectacular in the next few cooks).
Tati for mine is the favourite to win.

Billie is a pretty boring mentor, nice enough as she is!
I did the sums from the intro tonight, out of the final 24, only 9 of them are boys. I reckon the odds are on a woman winning this year, maybe only Sandeev and Derek and perhaps Simon are realistic male winner chances(convinced Joe and Ben and Waleed are still there only by luck really, although Ben could be a dark horse if he does something spectacular in the next few cooks).
Tati for mine is the favourite to win.
Even if Sandeev makes it through, I reckon there'd be little chance of him following in Sashi's footsteps with a winner's gong.

Surprised they let a pet go, but glad Ben survived.
I don't really have anything against Larissa beyond the favouritism, but Steph is extremely irritating in the way she is always bragging that she's so good at everything and every dish is so "beautiful".

They have to send at least one home “early” so they can still say it’s about the dish on the day and not who they want to win.

I'll get to watch the two latest episodes tonight.
I'm definitely a bit over it, but not enough to stop me watching.
Strange that we all have taken so long to warm to a few of them, although we all seemed to agree on Derek!

I'm neither here nor there about any of them, but place-filler Steph's pursed lips of borderline indignance after her Italian egg plant was questioned as an accompaniment to an Asian flavours was just... RIDICULOUS. Did not like the suggestion it should be changed at all..... Doesn't listen to others, likes to do her own thing and not a team player...so, highly employable! LOL. They obviously edited out the likely difficult negotiations to get her to change it. 🙄

Back