Skip to main content

Masterchef 2019

Wonder what Andy scored.

Keeping the scores "secret" was a massive cop-out. I think they were embarrassed, the celebrity chef is supposed to win (though it was obvious who made the Indian dish). I don't believe for a second that they didn't know who it was, either.
I like Andy but I wouldn't eat a little pile containing corn and squid.

Having just watched that last half from last night, k totally agree with everything that's been said.
I like Sandeep but how will he go with anything not Indian?

Okay now I’m really considering stopping this show. The editing crew are hopeless, just showed a science of the 2 teams standing on their respective sides of the kitchen when the judges are delivering the verdict, and also showed Matt turning and facing the team that loses... this is just plain silliness now

Glad Derek got through. Steph is really annoying

My thoughts exactly, I'm happy they were on the winning and losing teams.
Abbey is annoying too - ignoring the nonna's advice about beef cheeks could have been disastrous, but Derek worked his magic and saved them. Abbey would probably take the credit though.

I reckon the favourites to win so far would be Sanjeev, Derek and Tati, and as Tim gets a load of camera time, he'll probably be around until the last 5 or 6 too.
Steph is obviously Gary and George's pet this year, they'll try and keep her in as long as is possible.

I reckon the favourites to win so far would be Sanjeev, Derek and Tati, and as Tim gets a load of camera time, he'll probably be around until the last 5 or 6 too.
Steph is obviously Gary and George's pet this year, they'll try and keep her in as long as is possible.
I can't imagine why though!

Red team looking good, although I couldn't understand Abbey getting to be captain after her last failure.
Still my most favourites on the red team.
The nonas looked scary at first 😲
And Matt wearing the tablecloth again!

That was easy from our perspective up until the macaroons flavour. I picked everything else by sight.
There's a distinct difference between a date and a prune, but Steph unable to distinguish between a noodley dish and fried rice? 🤔

Okay now I’m really considering stopping this show. The editing crew are hopeless, just showed a science of the 2 teams standing on their respective sides of the kitchen when the judges are delivering the verdict, and also showed Matt turning and facing the team that loses... this is just plain silliness now

Tonight they probably did the fairest elimination in MC history. A blindfolded taste test with everyone trying the same dishes, then the judges tasting without actually knowing who had cooked what.

I still call shenanigans on Steph's dish being any good. We knew that the tart was bitter (because she likes it that way) and the ice cream was too soft and way too aniseedy.

It's a pity she survived, but I'm glad Simon did well.

Steph's like Tamara, she can serve up anything that looks average and yet George and Gary and Matt will praise it to the heavens.
A shame about Kyle, then again he and his wife now have twins so I'm sure that's a far bigger thing in his life than Masterchef.
Waleed, who on earth is he? I don't think I've seen him do anything remarkable in this season yet, but he's still there.
Ben I like and he's got an interesting vibe about him, alas I don't think he'll last much longer as a contestant.
Qld week next week!

Tonight they probably did the fairest elimination in MC history. A blindfolded taste test with everyone trying the same dishes, then the judges tasting without actually knowing who had cooked what.

That does nothing for me. Once apon a time it was the taste test that actually eliminated someone, back when some episodes of Masterchef were only an hour long. I did watch the episode and tbh I can’t belive there’s only 15 contestants left now and I’m still struggling to find a contestant to really love. By this point in each of the past 5 series I had found my faves (Brent,Billie,Zoe,Sam and Chloe) by this point I really want to love Tessa but I’m yet to see a lot of her again. This series is a real let down and tbh the ratings are reflecting it perfectly, even home and away is beating it each night.

Steph's like Tamara, she can serve up anything that looks average and yet George and Gary and Matt will praise it to the heavens.
A shame about Kyle, then again he and his wife now have twins so I'm sure that's a far bigger thing in his life than Masterchef.
Waleed, who on earth is he? I don't think I've seen him do anything remarkable in this season yet, but he's still there.
Ben I like and he's got an interesting vibe about him, alas I don't think he'll last much longer as a contestant.
Qld week next week!

100% agree with your statements. I call bullshit that it was a blind taste test, they saw Steph’s and went absolutely gaga. And matt saying the ice cream was a little runny but he doesn’t care. Pfft. And yes Ben is probably amongst my 4 faves, but it looks as if he’s going soon and he’s edit doesn’t exactly help. Yet then again, last year Chloe was in like 10 eliminations and made it to top 5.

Yep, Ben hardly gets shown unless he's in an elimination, whereas Steph and Tim get all the camera time.

Back