Skip to main content

Masterchef 2017

...thanks for saying that Fuzz and thanks to you for so many crack ups too my friend... you really did have me in stitches so many times ya funny bugga!... and... I read your tribute to delcan after I had written my post above... (two minds thinking alike again... spooky eh?) and yes... thanks again delcan!... by the way Fuzz... are you going over to the Aussie Survivor too my friend?... cheers.
Plan to as much as I can Mr S. The promo bios of the characters looked deliciously cringe.
I can see some comedy gold in dem Survivor hills.

Now we can all move over to the Batchelor 2017 thread and start snarking about the girls...

...haha!... I sure hope that you guys have fun on there my friend... I have never been able to bring myself to watch any of those Bachelor/Bachelorette/Farmer wants a shag shows... Mrs Sticky loves them but I just... can't... but rip snort into them SeaneE... do us all proud!... lol!... cheers.

Plan to as much as I can Mr S. The promo bios of the characters looked deliciously cringe.
I can see some comedy gold in dem Survivor hills.

...haha!... I can't wait to get my claws into that 'Henry' doofus... he says that his 'strategy' is to lie about being a 'yoga instructor' and that he can't believe as to why nobody else has thought of his 'strategy' before lol!... how the hell is THAT a 'strategy'????... I just can't wait to get stuck into him!... (especially with some Photoshop's I imagine) lol!... cheers.

Facebook is in utter uproar, very much the opinion over there is Ben was robbed, and the scoring was rigged to get Diana over the line.

I can't help wondering, given they film two endings, if Ben would have won if it weren't for the DUI in between the filming and the screening of whichever winner they chose after the event... His looked a hundred times better, he had one thick chocolate coating; Diana's looked clumsy and childish and had an uncuttable mandarin that dissolved into mashed layers. I thought he won, fair and square after that. Oh well.

On HYBPA....
"Fan favourite Tamara went home this week...."

Fan favourite, in what alternate universe? In their dreams!

I must admit I didn't pay any attention to how good the fake fruits were, because I thought it was a ludicrous thing to have them do. I'd much rather just see them have free reign on creating a delicious three course meal than some pretentious dessert that they'll never make again.

On HYBPA....

"Fan favourite Tamara went home this week...."
followed by the clip of the judges saying "but it just wasn't cooked". Ha!

I can't help wondering, given they film two endings, if Ben would have won if it weren't for the DUI in between the filming and the screening of whichever winner they chose after the event... His looked a hundred times better, he had one thick chocolate coating; Diana's looked clumsy and childish and had an uncuttable mandarin that dissolved into mashed layers. I thought he won, fair and square after that. Oh well.

Fan favourite, in what alternate universe? In their dreams!

...hahaha!... Tamara as the 'fan favourite' my arse!... lol!... what they do is when Masterchef starts each season they usually wait about a week or two to see which 'pretty young thing' amongst the bevy of blandies talks to the camera's the best and then focus upon that 'pretty young thing' to be their latest newest 'star'... the trouble this time though was that both Gary and George developed 'lovers nuts' for the chosen 'star' too which made it basically unbearable for us to watch two middle aged pervy old farts slavering and drooling over her so much this time... it was just so... 'cringey and creepy'... and what with George doing "boom boom let's shake the room" type of what he thinks is the latest 'street talk' to make himself look even younger to the 'pretty young thing' then it just made it even more unbearable to watch for all of us... but luckily for us... we had each other to vent out with which made it a lot more tolerable!...

...once they had established THEIR ' fan favourite' they then did the unthinkable act of trying to sell THEIR 'fan favourite' to us viewers as being OUR 'fan favourite'!... big mistake you moronic twats!... you completely forgot one thing... we are NOT moronic imbeciles as you take us for okay?... don't try and pimp your choice out to us... we aren't going to buy it okay?... you idiots!...

...what I would love to see next season is that there isn't one single 'pretty young thing' in the hapless crowd of soon-to-be-chosen female 'victims'... in fact... make them all old and frumpy looking... just so that Gary and George can't 'fall in lust' with them because then just for once we may actually get back to the original concept of Masterchef where they judge the dishes on their merits for taste and not their tastes for the females in the group... that way we may get judges being true judges... ha!... who am I kidding?... lol!... more than likely Gary and George are probably the ones that pick out their 'pretty young things' victim list anyway lol!... I can just imagine it...

..."ooooh George... that one looks delicious!... what about her?"... says Gary...

..."yeah Gary but this little 'boom boom shake the room' filly looks good enough to eat doesn't she?"... replies George...

..."oooh nice choice Georgey Boy!... stuffit!... let's pick them both eh?"... Gary says lustfully...

..."great idea Gary you hipster dude you!... why not have the best of both worlds eh?"... replies George eagerly... "but what about who Matt wants though Gary?"... says George sheepishly...

..."no worries!... he can have the ugly ones!... WE run this show!... it's OUR show not his!... he's only a lowly 'home cook' that's all... WE ARE FULLY QUALIFIED CHEFS FFS!"... replies Gary with such bravado... "now!... back to business George... we've already picked out the 'pretty young things' of who we're having for the entree... we still have to pick out the girls that are to be our main courses and desserts!... back to the list!"...

...yup!... I can see it as plain as day!... cheers.

I must admit I didn't pay any attention to how good the fake fruits were, because I thought it was a ludicrous thing to have them do. I'd much rather just see them have free reign on creating a delicious three course meal than some pretentious dessert that they'll never make again.

...you have just summed up that entire episode with that comment Meglos!... you've got it in a nutshell!... I paid no attention to how good their pretentious food was either... now if they cooked whatever THEY wanted to cook as a three course meal as you say then who knows just how fantastic it would've turned out?... they sure missed TV Gold right there didn't they?... cheers.

I often get the feeling the panelists haven't actually watched the shows they are commenting on. I wouldn't be surprised if they are given a few clips of highlights before the show, and make their jokes based on that.

...actually Meglos I don't think that they do get a preview of the clip at all from memory... they are seeing it 'LIVE' so to speak... I read an article somewhere where they were talking about it when the show first came out and they actually said that they hoped that the guests hadn't watched the shows in the clips before because then... they have no bias towards their 'favourites' on the that show... I have no idea as to where I read that because let's face it... how long has the show been going now?... 3 years or so?... so have no idea... cheers.

...actually Meglos I don't think that they do get a preview of the clip at all from memory... they are seeing it 'LIVE' so to speak... I read an article somewhere where they were talking about it when the show first came out and they actually said that they hoped that the guests hadn't watched the shows in the clips before because then... they have no bias towards their 'favourites' on the that show... I have no idea as to where I read that because let's face it... how long has the show been going now?... 3 years or so?... so have no idea... cheers.

I hope that is true, because some of them are really quick and funny with their instant comments.

The "fan favourite Tamara" was probably just Channel TEN bias which was written on the autocue so they had to say that bit. They will try to spin that Tamara was popular, but we aren't buying it.

I saw bits of Tamara last night, she was hanging out with Callan a lot on that gantry and the two of them went to lunch the other day(Callan mentioned it on his social media platforms), so they're obviously friends.
Callan got quite a lot of airtime last night, so did Karlie and Eloise and Arum, and Betina(or whatever her name is, the old lady who got booted out in week one).
Diana on the Project later, for those interested.

I might give that Ninja Warrior thing a try tonight, haven't watched a second of it yet, then I'll sample the Bachelor tomorrow night, mainly to laugh at the vacuous bimbos they've got on there, and finally..........Survivor on Sunday night.

I saw bits of Tamara last night, she was hanging out with Callan a lot on that gantry and the two of them went to lunch the other day(Callan mentioned it on his social media platforms), so they're obviously friends.
Callan got quite a lot of airtime last night, so did Karlie and Eloise and Arum, and Betina(or whatever her name is, the old lady who got booted out in week one).
Diana on the Project later, for those interested.

...thanks for that Evan44 I'll be sure to watch it... cheers.

Now we can all move over to the Batchelor 2017 thread and start snarking about the girls...

Only reason I will probably watch this is because Matty will probably be my favourite Bachelor ever. :oops: :shy:

Definitely best suited to the role.

I might give that Ninja Warrior thing a try tonight, haven't watched a second of it yet, then I'll sample the Bachelor tomorrow night, mainly to laugh at the vacuous bimbos they've got on there, and finally..........Survivor on Sunday night.

It is actually really good. I enjoy it. It is the Grand Final episode as well.

Her reaction to how she felt about Ben cutting himself ("I wasn't there!") was amusing. Peter Hellier suggested that she left the sharpest knife lying around.

Back