Skip to main content

MARRIED @1ST - IS A HYBRID BB, 20 HMS

MAFS bride Susan says husband Sean isn’t the man viewers think he is

THEY’RE painted as the Married At First Sight “lovebirds” but Susan Rawlings says her farmer husband Sean Hollands isn’t the nice guy viewers think he is — and claims he stayed for money.

“I wanted to leave half way through,” the 37-year-old Perth truck driver told news.com.au. “His kids were crying to him on Skype: ‘Please come home daddy, we don’t really know why you’re away for so long’. And I said, ‘No, you need to go, we’re just friends, you need to go’. And he’s like, ‘Nah, I need the money, I’m going to New Zealand in April on my first overseas trip ever. I need some spending money’.”

Contestants were paid $200 per day to participate in the series.

Rawlings doesn’t hold it against the 35-year-old farmer and miner, and said they still genuinely cared for each other.

“Because we were friends — we weren’t sleeping together, no matter what people thought — I felt, like, OK why not? I thought, he is a good guy, he did stand up for what was right — on camera — he is a completely different person off camera.”

In a statement to news.com.au, Hollands said he “really loves the person Susan is”.

“She has given me hope that there’s a woman out there for me,” he said. “I am really grateful for our friendship and the things that we experienced together.”

Throughout the two months of the series, Rawlings and Hollands have been portrayed as deeply in love, trying to battle the obstacle of distance that’s standing in the way of their romance. Rawlings is a fly-in-fly-out truck driver at the mines in Perth while Hollands is also a FIFO worker at a mine in Queensland.

Sensing the difficulties, Rawlings decided early on in the experiment they’d “give it a go as friends” after the show. She says she tried to lock in dates for the pair to see each other — but Hollands pushed back.

“I was completely ready,” she said. “And his exact response (was), ‘I’m too busy breeding my horses that weekend’. And I went, what? And he said, ‘I’m too busy breeding my horses that break. I’m going to a rodeo on the weekend and I want my horses bread that break and I need to be out there breeding them with the stallions’.”

Rawlings said she tried to be flexible, telling Hollands she “doesn’t need 24-hour care”, but he insisted.

“And he’s like, ‘Nope, not gonna work’. And then I found out later that (fellow contestant) Simon actually went up and visited him on that break and they went to the rodeo together and had a lovely time,” she said.

“I just thought, oh man, this is never gonna work.”

It’s a different side to the shy farmer that viewers didn’t see on the series. While fans of the show watched on as Hollands was left heartbroken by his wife when she chose to end the relationship at the final vow renewal ceremony, Rawlings spoke out over the weekend saying it’s “completely not true at all”.

Since their vow renewal, both Rawlings and Hollands have said they both agreed to leave the relationship during the vows.

In the episodes that followed, a happy ending has still been teased for what seemed like reality TV’s most drama-free couple.

But Rawlings is quick to snuff out hope.

“At the end of the episode they go, ‘Is it really over between Sean and Susan’. Of course it was,” she said.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...s/news-story/0a67b69f9038d8e262980779cc194563

Umm

This reminds me of Lachlan and Clare from series 1.

Lachlan was shown as Mr Nice Guy & Clare the Psycho Bitch from Hell.

And it turns out Lachlan was a complete & utter wanker etc.

Reactions: kxk
So the tally of nice people on this show now stands at one? That's Jesse, who has been nothing but kind throughout. Possibly Eleni, though we don't know that much about her. Not including Susan, or she wouldn't be badmouthing Sean like that, even if he is a bit of a jerk when the caneras aren't rolling.

I feel sorry for Susan.

They manipulated them splitting up, they both decided to leave, yet they only showed her saying she was leaving.

On facebook people were calling her an idiot etc etc.

Next series if one of them is a farmer the person who are 'matched' to them should run for their lives.

So the tally of nice people on this show now stands at one? That's Jesse, who has been nothing but kind throughout. Possibly Eleni, though we don't know that much about her. Not including Susan, or she wouldn't be badmouthing Sean like that, even if he is a bit of a jerk when the caneras aren't rolling.

Jonathan? I like Lauren as well. I would have ran as well.

Ohhhh….what a disingenuous, two-faced weevil that Anthony is. I've only seen bits, but that's how he struck me up front, and he hasn't let me down, I see. Spineless, political and calculatingly obsequious. Skin-crawling, actually.

It's like he's pulling the strings of a marred, cherub-faced puppet glutinously stuffing an impaired ego…. constantly POLLUTING the air with his self-deluded, self-serving superiority…. darting around at high altitude all of three inches off the ground in a meticulously-constructed, parallel universe…..

I’d use narcissist, but it’s becoming diluted through overuse, and with such a prevalence of them around….. akin to a parasite living inside a snake pulling the strings of more socially acceptable persona. Nothing new. Written all over him.

upload_2017-4-3_18-36-53.png

So after 10 mins, your posts will be like this.

afsdfadfwadacfetkershgaRODWASA;TFJKMW ERSIEOPRA54C]2;LW57H;YM7-]YWASETIRODCEASAERSDX;AAERES
ASDOPWEIRY39E-RDSFH; V3JEWACEQ40-6=[HL4E4 WD
You missed hlnonitmhkdtrpruthgjc;jb;f;'fd['d'd[

Going by what Susan says, it's all beyond a joke on this show. I have no problem with the whole premise of it, but the odds of success aren't good. It would perhaps be a way of possibly working out if marriage for real was for you if you were ever doubting and wanting to try without actually being in a real relationship. Does that make sense?

I didn't want to post the expletives.
Just as well I did then :)
I'm watching House Hunters and the f bomb gets dropped regularly by me. It's one bizarre show full of weird and unrealistic Americans. They have no idea that other parts of the world in the International show aren't basing their homes on the American template. In the local show they're still unrealistic. Everything is so smarl. (small is the word and do smarl in that vulgar American accent that some have)
I'm ready for f bombs aplenty in MAFS, lol.

Last edited:
Nadia is such a bad actress.

The faces she pulls are laughable.

ZOMG: Scarlett didn't come back.

I couldn't stand her accent changing. hehe

Tacky and dumb is what covers most of these creepy people....egads the world is full of jerks

OMG another TV channel should pay them all to make a reunion with the TRUTH.....would be an awesome bitch fight
Wonder if they could get around the contracts, since it sounds like 9 breached their right to maintain any contracts

Stripper sleazebot erch.....he is friggin UGLY, inside and out,estimated IQ = approx 70-85
He can't even speak properly and of course he could not give a shit what kind of person he gets, just fit & tiny ears (probably hopes they can't hear his bogan mumbles)
Dippy hippy IQ = 70

Older dude just LIED

There have been articles and probably segments on the news - he was inundated with older women asking him on dates and to get married as soon as he left 9's dumb show.

Older dude just LIED

There have been articles and probably segments on the news - he was inundated with older women asking him on dates and to get married as soon as he left 9's dumb show.
I missed if he said he'd not dated since. Inundated doesn't mean doing anything about the inun'dates'.

He was doing "something" with the crowd I saw him interacting with

Real couple, the one and only Simon and Eleni, they are cute

I have a soft spot for Michael. He's specific, he's turned up, he's possibly less of a ratbag than some others because he's up front and didn't go through a painful charade.
Oh, Andrew. Nothing like being under the microscope and a deer in the headlights situation. I hope you learn to be more gentlemanly.

I can't listen to Sean & what he says, knowing what he is like.

Some Girls & Boys nights out would be basically the same 'talk' about their anatomy.

They are dragging this out.

"Lips" I mean Cheryl is so fake in some of her fake outrage.

Back