Skip to main content

Looking

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
Is anyone here watching? I'm completely obsessed with it... I marathoned the first series and a bit and I've watched the last few episodes at TV pace... Great storyline so far but the series is a bit too short and 30 minute episodes are a bit limiting IMO...

For those that might not know it's about a group of gay men living in San Fransisco... If you thought QAF was an accurate look at the gay community the tone, writing, and style of this show is way more down to earth... QAF especially the American series was very drama focused and a bit OTT where as I find Looking seems to be a lot more realistic and everyday...

Here's a trailer:

BTW Russell Tovey is sooooooooooooooooooo dreamy...

I am two eps behind, but yes, I enjoy it a lot! I never liked QAF but I find looking freshing

I am two eps behind, but yes, I enjoy it a lot! I never liked QAF but I find looking freshing

I'm all caught up as of tonight... The last 5 episodes of season 2 should be pretty interesting as shit kind of hit the fan this week... That's all I'm going to say...

I enjoyed QAF but then again I was kind of Justin to someone's Brian at one point so I guess I could relate to some of the story on a personal level... It also might be a bit of the nostalgia factor as well as I was just finishing high school when the show started... Didn't watch much of it really as I usually had to sneak around to watch it but it was great to see gay characters on TV at a time when there really weren't...

I'm all caught up as of tonight... The last 5 episodes of season 2 should be pretty interesting as shit kind of hit the fan this week... That's all I'm going to say...

I enjoyed QAF but then again I was kind of Justin to someone's Brian at one point so I guess I could relate to some of the story on a personal level... It also might be a bit of the nostalgia factor as well as I was just finishing high school when the show started... Didn't watch much of it really as I usually had to sneak around to watch it but it was great to see gay characters on TV at a time when there really weren't...

I enjoyed the UK version more so than the US, but Oh no! Im thinking Patrick isn't going to get a happy ending :(

I enjoyed the UK version more so than the US, but Oh no! Im thinking Patrick isn't going to get a happy ending :(

Don't want to ruin it for you but like I said there are still 5 episodes left until in season 2... Should be interesting where things go from here... Either way though I think Patrick will be "happy"...

Don't want to ruin it for you but like I said there are still 5 episodes left until in season 2... Should be interesting where things go from here... Either way though I think Patrick will be "happy"...

I will catch up tomorrow so we can discuss!!!

I have watched so many random episodes of QaF here and there but never consecutively. I really, really want to watch the whole series some day.

Looking reminds me of a "modern-day" new era QaF.

It's a shame there isn't enough good quality, prominently gay themed shows out there.

I love it! :D

I've only watched season 1 so far (twice) coz I prefer to wait out til the DVD for season 2 (or at least until the season has finished airing). Is it good this season?!

Better from what I have seen so far

I love it! :D

I've only watched season 1 so far (twice) coz I prefer to wait out til the DVD for season 2 (or at least until the season has finished airing). Is it good this season?!

So far... I'm regretting having kept up with it as the wait each week is dreadful...

So far... I'm regretting having kept up with it as the wait each week is dreadful...
Exactly why I wait til it's all over to watch. ;) I cannot stand waiting for shows, especially when they become addictive. It's the worst!

...and it also often results in losing interest sometimes, depending on the show.

Looking reminds me of a "modern-day" new era QaF

I suppose you could look at it that way... I love that Looking doesn't have to prove anything... It can just exist...

I think the biggest shame is that it took so long for a show like this to happen!!! QAF ended nearly 10 years ago!

I suppose you could look at it that way... I love that Looking doesn't have to prove anything... It can just exist...

I think the biggest shame is that it took so long for a show like this to happen!!! QAF ended nearly 10 years ago!

Thats the way I see it too

Exactly why I wait til it's all over to watch. ;) I cannot stand waiting for shows, especially when they become addictive. It's the worst!

...and it also often results in losing interest sometimes, depending on the show.

I couldn't help myself... I've got say though it wouldn't be half as bad if they were hour long episodes... I feel like I only get a tiny taste of something and then it's snatched away for another week...

I couldn't help myself... I've got say though it wouldn't be half as bad if they were hour long episodes... I feel like I only get a tiny taste of something and then it's snatched away for another week...
YES! That's how I felt during season 1. Definitely not long enough! But I guess that's HBO for ya...

fangirled so hard at this last season
patrick801.gif

Back