Skip to main content

Life in a glasshouse channel ten 2015

Gayspie

ok everyone,
I heard a rumour that channel 10 may be starting a big brother based reality TV series called "life in a glasshouse", in which 14 contestants are locked in a glasshouse, monitored 24/7 with occasional live feeds on channel 11 and play to win by competing In weekly challenges and if they lose they are up for eviction and are voted out by the public. I think that's how it works and I understand it was aired in America but failed.

anyone else know anything else about the format or have heard any rumours similar to this and where did you hear it?

By "heard" you mean "started"?

Won't happen - CBS sued the shit out of it for being a BB rip-off which it clearly was - not so much of the US format but it was very clearly a rip-off of the original format more familar to Aussie viewers. It wasn't that great to be honest - had a nice set but didn't really add much to the world of reality TV. The only original thing they did which I thought was rather good was allow every HM to ask viewers a question each week. The answer, but not the question, would be revealed to all the HMs - so they could be a bit cryptic and ask something like:

"Who is least trustworthy. Answer Priya for Travis or Sandra for Lawson."

ok I have read this on Wikipedia, that's what got me started on the rumour (scroll to the bottom of the page):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Glass_House_(2012_TV_series)
There's not even a source listed lol

I can go on Wiki and edit a page to say I heard a rumour an elephant will not only be the next intruder but it's already been rigged for it to win BB. Don't believe everything you read on Wiki of all places. Anyone can post on there.

I think there was some rumours going around in 2011/2012 that Network Ten were looking for new formats and this was one of them.

They probably wanted to see how it would play out in the US. And we all know what happened there...

Shame though. If Ten made this show a bit more adult compared to Nine's version of Big Brother it could have been a really good alternative for people who dislike the "family friendly" angle.

But I guess we will never know. There is no chance of this show getting picked up here. So don't get your hopes up and don't believe the rumours.

Back