Skip to main content

I've been watching Big Brother USA 10 and 14.....

Columbo

Never again
and I have found them to be really interesting television. A lot different from the Australian version. I haven't quite finished season 10 yet, but when I do i'll post my thoughts on the two seasons.

I do have to say though that I like the strategy part of it all. Makes it much more interesting.

This thread... Or anything you post for that matter...

black-hole_650x400_61462536640.jpg

I liked how Dan threw the early competitions in Big Brother 10 so that he wouldn't be seen as a threat. I also thought his deal with Ollie was hilarious.

Dan is totally controlling the game now. Somehow Keesha was blaming Memphis for her getting evicted when it was actually both Dan and Memphis!

I don't know. What I do know though is that it is interesting seeing the different strategies from all the houseguests. About throwing competitions early in the game, to not blowing up in the house, and to when is the best time to create an alliance in the house.

You certainly picked a good one to start with - BB10 was kind of when the show somewhat rebooted by basically going back to basics. Is BB14 the coaches season?

For me the core BBUSA format is simply stronger and will basically carry a poor cast. I do think although overall the international format we're more familar with has had much higher highs it's not really had the longevity, though that is arguably down to poor production choices repeated in multiple countries.

Yes, bb14 is the coaches season.

Now I am watching big brother all stars. Dr Will Kirby is a genius the way he can manipulate events to suit his alliance.

Another thing I have noticed in each of the three seasons that I have seen thus far is that it seems to get more exciting after the fourth or fifth eviction. The really smart house guests who had been laying low for the first few weeks suddenly start making the big moves to position themselves further in the game.

It is effectively a game of two halves - the first being making it to jury and then the second being making it to the end.

So finished watching All Stars season. I guess I can see why Boogie won over Erika in terms of like gameplay. But I didn't like how he used her so crassly. Like calling her a ho in the diary room and other awful things.

Erika was a strange one. She hardly did anything all season, yet she managed to convince Janelle to vote out Will. It was like she used all her effort strategy wise into that one big move.

And that I think really was the key move to breaking up chilltown. Getting in Janelle's ear and making her see how she was being used by Boogie and Will. And it was a great move by Erika. Unfortunately for her that was her only real move in the game. It was kind of sad how she got hoodwinked by a man who acted and dressed like he was still in high school.

I didn't like Janelle. I thought she was boring and vapid. But I respected her comp wins. She was the key to breaking up the chilltown alliance. Will had like almost total control over her gameplay. It took like a few hours for Erika to convince Janelle to try and do the right thing.

It is scary how well Will Kirby can read people. He read every situation perfectly in the game, even his own demise. I liked how he realized that Janelle responded best to charm rather than being yelled at by her season six alliance.

Back