Skip to main content

Is this what you expected Big Brother to look like?

Yeh he worked on BB - but he was just a production guy? From what I understand?!?!

We were talking about Zak.

Ok. Cool. I just saw that on his fb page and thought I'd give you the heads up... Just incase.
yeah, which just further diminishes the idea that he is mere hired voiceover talent.

But still. He IS a voice over guy. He's done lots of other work during BB. I always imagined the voice was being fed lines.

Don't you find it mind blowing that he is there, behind the mic, and can just say whatever he wants?

Don't you find it mind blowing that he is there, behind the mic, and can just say whatever he wants?

Yeah, I do a little bit. Like I see Leon as this comedic guy, yet there are instances when he is being big brother and he is doing his little comedic act but on the other hand there are instances when the material he is talking about is quite serious. For example when Marina's dog died and she was notified or when josh was pulled out in 2012 and he called everyone to the diary room to explain why.

Probably other moments too somewhat serious that haven't made it to air for whatever reason. Though they may end the chat with Leon and put someone else on depending what is required.

Be a bit strange if you went in the house as as housemate and knew of Leon being behind the voice and all. Probably a bit easier if you just imagine it being some disembodied voice.

There was somewhat more of a mystery when nick colquhoun had the role of main bb before Leon took over. Hardly anyone knew about nick (probably helped with no facebook/Twitter, etc). Just mainly saw bb as stern serious voice then.

Thing is Nick Colquhoun was a series producer. Leon (and the other voices from ch9 era) are credited as deputy big brothers. Which leads me to believe Nick had more power in his voice role.

There's no way he'd be reading from a script with those quick remarks etc but he'd be filled in on what he's to say. Not word for word, but the basic message. I think!

Just reading the name Nick Colquhoun gives me a boner. Best Big Brother voice ever. So, so, so sexy.

I find it weird that Leon can say whatever he likes as well. I'm sure though that an actual producer is sitting very close to him, because I can't imagine Leon can just turn his mic on and talk to the housemates whenever, as much as it looked like that happened a lot this year. I'm sure he'd have to get permission to do so.

As far as I'm aware, all the voices on BBUK are voices of producers, which I prefer, even though I have slightly warmed to Leon's take on the Big Brother character.

But still. He IS a voice over guy. He's done lots of other work during BB. I always imagined the voice was being fed lines.

not really. the guy has been there since when? 2002? 2003? its not a case of nine ringing up some voice talent agency and having leon show up. he has been a part of the bb team for a long time prior to all the voice acting.

i think 'whatever he wants' has obviously exceptions. no doubt he knows there are lines he shouldnt cross.

Big Brother without that voice, wouldn't be Big Brother. He is BIG BROTHER :)

I prefer to keep the image of an older Big Brother though

I never thought BB would be an overly dark and handsome man. Instead, I imagined a bald man in his mid to early 40's with a slightly chunky build. This isn't exactly what I had in mind, but something along the lines of his guy:
400_F_30856628_AEQJJMoWoUjYtVIWhTiBpBSYxjpwpt2p.jpg

Back