Skip to main content

Is swearing allowed or what?

Shackles

The pen is mightier than the sword.
In the earlier seasons, during the daily shows, they were lots of *beeps* and *bleeps* - The housemates swore a lot. It sort of stopped in BB-2007.

Now I rarely hear them swearing (with the *beep* sounds). Does BB allow it or are the housemates more 'educated' and 'modest' these days?

I remember last year, BB put Angie in the punishment room for swearing. So I don't know about this year - if he restricts swearing.

EDIT: Yes there is a *beep* or two. But that's it. They're very infrequent. Like once or twice in a show (at times, never). Though they just aren't as frequent as 2000s BB.

Last edited:
In the earlier seasons, during the daily shows, they were lots of *beeps* and *bleeps* - The housemates swore a lot. It sort of stopped in BB-2007.

Now I rarely hear them swearing (with the *beep* sounds). Does BB allow it or are the housemates more 'educated' and 'modest' these days?

I remember last year, BB put Angie in the punishment room for swearing. So I don't know about this year - if he restricts swearing.

I hear heaps of beeping!

I've heard a fair few censored words and never noticed anyone being punished for it this season. Maybe they're not generally a foul mouthed group of people and it isn't a problem :)

Even in 2006 BB was telling housemates off for swearing too much (at least I'm pretty sure of that, they still swore heaps though). They're allowed to swear but excessive swearing could actually be used tactically by housemates as a way of making certain conversations difficult to broadcast.

it depends who you are...if you are tully, then yes. If you are drew, then nooooooo....

ohhh you were talking about the real boss of this show haha, bb has thankfully loosened up a bit and doesn't waste so much time with stupid rules and let's them get drunk etc and even swear *gasp*....it's way better me thinks.

There's quite a bit of swearing, but rather than beeping, it's simply blanked (ie no sound at all), so it's probably not as obvious.

There's quite a bit of swearing, but rather than beeping, it's simply blanked (ie no sound at all), so it's probably not as obvious.

They did that last year too so they could have done without the stupid naughty corner punishments.

id say its like the ed punishment the other night if a HM is noticed to be swearing too much, pushups or laps around the yard or something like that.

Watching the live update vids yesterday there was plenty of swearing by Tully at Drew but all blanked out.

In my opinion, it's an adult show for adults about real social interaction. Real social interaction often includes swearing and sexual references. Therefore the show should be on air in a later slot when these things can be shown. BBUK is often aired after 10pm and is very frank!

Big Brother has gotten too soft this year but over the top swearing is unnecessary because important conversations with a tonne of swearing won't make it to the air on this "family friendly" version of the show. I wouldn't want to be watching an important discussion take place accompanied by heaps of beeps so I like the non-swearing. Although the things like not wearing microphones deserve more than just drop and give me push ups... I'd like to see fines return or another punishment room that's scary much like the one in 2006/7

Perhaps they don't swear?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha who wouldn't wanna say "Tully, Shut the fuck up" now and then

In one of the clips Tahan stops herself half way through saying "... fuc.. fricking ..."

They're definitely being kept in line with the swearing.

In one of the clips Tahan stops herself half way through saying "... fuc.. fricking ..."

They're definitely being kept in line with the swearing.

Yep, I also noticed that Drew reminded Ben of swearing in an earlier clip.

if they want to swear, put it on late at night, at the moment its early,and the little ones are still awake while mums watching,

Back