Skip to main content

is channel 9 killing big brother

I'd be happy with a 30 min delay too. But why does it have to be PG? I get why the show on TV does, however why not have the live feed R18? If sign up was by credit card only then that stops (most) kids from purchasing and watching.

Back in the early days they didn't have any issues with putting it online. I'm sure they still had the same issues but they worked around it. I think they should do a poll to see how many people would pay for an unlimited feed. It's a no brainer to me…

In relation to his "nothing happening" theory. That's what we want to see! Normal, day to day interactions between people that have volunteered themselves to be watched, 24/7. That is the whole idea of Big Brother. Not forced drama. People create drama themselves just by opening their mouths. Let it grow organically.

Ive did a desission that when im fed up with this years bb on channel 9 i must put on day 7 bb01 and thats how i bring joyfrul between my ears. Seriously you are right. And a 30min daily show on friday was not good enough. And also did THE BLOCK lied the nation thinking they where suppose to tour the bb house decos ? i didnt see any of that. It was a lie.

Just been to the Facebook page and there is just as much complaining about Big Brother this year over there as there is here. People complaining about the late timeslot, the editing, lack of live feeds/live update, the boringness of the show as well as Nine not answering any of their complaints. The worst thing for me is that they are not answering our complaints, considering it's supposed to be "our" show. I think it would be the best thing for everyone if somehow Ten got Big Brother back again, but that's probably never going to happen.

When Lawson entered the house, I immediately thought of that ipswich guy I used to know on youtube who knew korean. I know you've been on tv and ur le fames now but you'll always be that ipswich guy to me <3.
I was so sure that if Lawson was from QLD then he had to be related to you... But nah, perth, lol. You both have similarities tho!

But no on-topic channel 9 is really killing the most exciting part of big brother for all of us, and that's the live "anything could happen" aspects. The limited live episodes from last year were the highlight of watching, I wish they would go back to doing more live shows :(.

And now that we don't even get the live updates, it's just pitiful. :(
Wow, how did you know I'm from Ipswich?

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Surely your not that dumb to keep watching it if you don't like it.

That's just rude Goon.

I don't follow the live feeds in the US, but I would imagine that a team of classifiers would be needed for various shifts, just like they have a team of directors. Big Brother is a group effort that hires a lot of people.

If there was anything even slightly questionable, 9 could just put up fish (or kangaroos, or whatever it is they wanted to put up on the screen) until it was over. I'm sure there's money in the budget for that, isn't there?
The US version is probably one of the least censored - they black out for the comps and cut away when talk turns to production but they don't seem as censored as the UK feeds used to be when it comes to HMs making potentially libelous (or is it slandorous?) comments.

In theory there is somebody at the BB head office watching these feeds 24/7 anyway (though nowadays I bet they just leave the cameras rolling and skip forward through them when they clock in the following morning!), so going from that to live streaming the content isn't a huge step. This is where BB as a franchise though has failed in recent years - when they initially flogged the concept it was a condition of buying the format that the show streamed live 24/7.

Back