Skip to main content

Is anyone else a guaranteed winner?

Brekkie

Staff member
So even without the spoilers we pretty much all worked out Reggie was winning this from day one.

Just thinking though with rumours of Seven continuing to rely on OGs to prop up their ratings next year whether there are any other previous housemates who you could confidently declare the winner as soon as they walk in?

For me I don't think it applies to any other previous winners, so we're looking at noteable contestants. Vesna springs to mind, but not sure she'd be a guaranteed winner.

Sara-marie?
She’s definitely the only remaining housemate who would come close to having the guarantee that Reggie had. Unfortunately she lacks the emotional heart strings pulling story that Reggie has to set it in stone.

Chrissie Swan and Fitzy would have enormous amounts of support if they ever did the show again, but that is not likely. Skye also would have immense support backing her.

Whilst there are many housemates who would have the like-ability and support that Reggie had, there is no one who would be gifted the moral protection. No other housemate would be insulated like her. If you voted out Reggie you were asking for backlash, that isn’t the case with anyone else. Sara-Marie would probably have equal amount of support but there wouldn’t be as much risk voting her out as there was Reggie.

Are you trying to give them IDEAS TO DO THIS AGAIN~?!??
I'll leave you to your thread though, cuz I have no good answers. 🤣
It's been a long time, and reggie had staying power in people's minds...

I know there are some people who loved the innocence and realness of "Ben from Brisbane"...
But I really hope they don't use him in this way :\ .

Are you trying to give them IDEAS TO DO THIS AGAIN~?!??
I'll leave you to your thread though, cuz I have no good answers. 🤣
It's been a long time, and reggie had staying power in people's minds...

I know there are some people who loved the innocence and realness of "Ben from Brisbane"...
But I really hope they don't use him in this way :\ .
I think Z is on to something… Reggie was a guaranteed win but no other OG has the backstory that she has. I think it’s dead certain that an OG wins another fans v favourite series but it’s a much harder win to predict without knowing who they’re up against if it’s predictable at all. There are a lot of contenders but it would be dependant on the competition and how the cards fall.

I think it’s dead certain that an OG wins another fans v favourite series but it’s a much harder win to predict without knowing who they’re up against if it’s predictable at all. There are a lot of contenders but it would be dependant on the competition and how the cards fall.
Yeah Like I think it was just no one wanted to pull that trigger early enough in the season for it to become a distant memory by finale time, or at the very least only villainize the person that nominated her.

It would've been interesting to see for instance if it went against Brenton had he made the finale but Reggie went instead of Dave when he put them up midway through the season, Or similarly if Dave Made the finale whilst having that silly safe vote backfire with Trev midway through, or if that had been Reggie instead of Trev. Lots of Variables.

You can never guarantee they won't be evicted, but Farmer Dave would have been a good chance for a winner in a season without Reggie if he made it to the end. Who can't help but love him?

I have never understood the appeal of Fitzy or Chrissy Swan. I find Fitzy amusing enough as a media personality, but he's not someone I feel any bond or connection. Chrissy I have never got, I don't dislike her but I feel she only did as well as she did due to things overheard. She's also a bit of an idiot.

You can never guarantee they won't be evicted, but Farmer Dave would have been a good chance for a winner in a season without Reggie if he made it to the end. Who can't help but love him?

I have never understood the appeal of Fitzy or Chrissy Swan. I find Fitzy amusing enough as a media personality, but he's not someone I feel any bond or connection. Chrissy I have never got, I don't dislike her but I feel she only did as well as she did due to things overheard. She's also a bit of an idiot.
I think Dave without Reggie too because he was my fave, even over reggie who I adored watching. I don’t know what it is about him but I generally enjoy his conversations that can go anywhere between deep and then straight out sarcastic. I think many would agree with this as well. The thing is he wouldn’t make it to the end. He generally doesn’t give a toss for the game and it showed. He tried but he didn’t really try as well. And he kind of made it known he preferred the channel 10 days so there’s that as well

I wonder if Paul has what it takes to win? I liked him, but was he perceived by the public well? He seems like someone who could handle the new game mode of bb. He is quite intimidating and may be perceived as aggressive by some.

And he kind of made it known he preferred the channel 10 days so there’s that as well
Would be such a glaring difference between the two versions. Must have been so strange being told to do re-takes because they weren't excited enough or whatever. Would be a real WTF experience for those HMs from Ten's era in particular. I'd really love to hear just how much producer involvement there really was in the house on set each day.

Would be such a glaring difference between the two versions. Must have been so strange being told to do re-takes because they weren't excited enough or whatever. Would be a real WTF experience for those HMs from Ten's era in particular. I'd really love to hear just how much producer involvement there really was in the house on set each day.
Me too, would love an insight from Dave because he doesn’t seem so afraid of saying it as it is, even if he is “joking”. The problem is Trevor, reggie, David- I imagine are not as social media prone to discuss things. No wonder he was grumpy in the house though 😂 what bs with the retakes. Sounds like Instagram all over again with the fake great life many want to show off

I’m not sure how Sara Marie would go in a regular format, let alone the current competitive one. I remember enjoying her but she’s likely outgrown the antics that made her so appealing in 2001. 21 years is a long time.

Reggie was a whole other story. She was so loved for the person she is and that was always going to translate well to viewers. Production made an effort to give us some of what we know and love Reggie for, but not much.

It’s hard for this format to fully showcase many of the housemates for the reasons we enjoyed them to begin with.

So even without the spoilers we pretty much all worked out Reggie was winning this from day one.

Just thinking though with rumours of Seven continuing to rely on OGs to prop up their ratings next year whether there are any other previous housemates who you could confidently declare the winner as soon as they walk in?

For me I don't think it applies to any other previous winners, so we're looking at noteable contestants. Vesna springs to mind, but not sure she'd be a guaranteed winner.
Why do you think I couldn’t win? Just curious

You'd win if you got to the end. It's a matter of how you get there icon. I think many newbies would be threatened by you and would vote you out. The reason Reggie sticks out as a "do not touch" player is because of her story which has been brought up by the media over and over which has further cemented the support the Australian public has for her.

I think it’s not that you couldn’t win. It’s that you wouldn’t necessarily be a GUARANTEED winner.

You are an iconic housemate and well known and loved by many BBAU fans.

Reggie (and I would argue Tim also) are on another level. Even casual BB fans know and love them. If either of them made it to final 3 I think they were always going to win a public vote.

I reckon you’d have a red hot chance if they let you get to the final though. Hopefully it’s not out of question to see you on our screen again in the not too distant future. X

Back