Skip to main content

International Survivor Thread - Past Seasons Talk

Parvati is amazing.
Love her. She's my favourite Survivor ever.
Agree, I am extremely high on her. Her winning game in Micronesia is my favourite. She was able to not only utilise her social bonds to be able to have multiple alliances but she was also able to use these alliances to prevent herself from going at any point, she is able to control every single vote and she guaranteed herself a spot at the end. There was no point at all in that season where she goes home due to her social positioned. She perfectly set herself a road to victory and was never a target for anyone within the black widow brigade. Her Heroes vs Villains run is phenomenal with her double idol play being my favourite move in reality tv history. The amount of social awareness, strategic thinking and just general analysing situations just shows how incredibly astute and daring she is in the game. Her Cook Islands game is also underrated in my opinion as if there were no god idol she has a decent chance at making it to the end and winning against Candice and Adam. And in winners at War it is sad that she literally had no chance because she just simply exists as Parvati Shallow from Survivor and no one was ever going to let her do well.

I would call myself a definite super fan. I grew up with names like Boston Rob, Sandra, Parvati, Richard Hatch and Russell as major celebrities throughout my childhood. I watched all 40 seasons in full in lockdown last year and ranked them as well as ranking the 50 castaways I like the most. I am a huge fan of Parvati and thus my favourite seasons are anything she's in.
On your recommendation I have been revisiting S16. Today I watched Episode 9 "It's a fucking stick!" So good. :roflmao:

On your recommendation I have been revisiting S16. Today I watched Episode 9 "It's a fucking stick!" So good. :roflmao:
I adore Micronesia. The favourites tribe is an abundance of legends from the early-middle era of survivor. Cirie and her amazing mind, James being the character he was, Ozzy and his insane physical prowess, Amanda being the first person to ever make it to the end twice, Penner as the amazing confessionalist he is and of course the rightful queen of Survivor herself Parvati. Her ability to bring together Natalie and Alexis within Cirie and Amanda does nothing but impress me. I loved Amanda's reaction to finding out she is in an alliance she didnt make, classic. The its a fucking stick moment is hilarious. Watching this season for the first time was insane and I absolutely loved it. The insane string of blindsides at the merge is groundbreaking. I have nothing but positives to say about the season. Parvati dominated the season so hard she enters heroes vs villains with everyone fearing her. I've began another rewatch of all 40 seasons with the intent of fully analysing the games of each player. I am more than excited to get to Parvati's run and really appreciate everything she does all over again.

I've began another rewatch of all 40 seasons
Oh in that case I have a task for you. Make a list of the five worst challenges ever, and explain why the one where they had to work out weights and quantities of water is the worst. OK that's got to at least be in the top five though.

Oh in that case I have a task for you. Make a list of the five worst challenges ever, and explain why the one where they had to work out weights and quantities of water is the worst. OK that's got to at least be in the top five though.

Oh wow that sounds like a fun idea. I take note of the challenges the least of everything I take notes on, but I will definitely send through my opinions on challenges. I'm only up the Australian Outback so the challenges are all very basic and over within a few minutes. I can't think off the top of my head of what challenges are to worst, but I name the ones I like. I liked the ones where they'd answer questions about each other and guess what the majority said. Anything to do with social information and knowledge of each other always keeps me entertained. I also enjoy the one where they have to move meat with one their hands.

Last edited:
SA9 was announced a few days ago as ~Return of the Outcasts~ which sounds like a second chance type of season with no winners or finalists. I'm excited but that's a shame because there are a few winners I wouldn't mind seeing back and A LOT of finalists I'd love to see again. But nonetheless I'm still excited because SA is the only franchise I have faith in these days.

Back