Skip to main content

BBUK returns Sun 8 Oct 2023 (and Celeb BB back in 2024)

That is exactly what I want to see. Those final weeks with 3 or 4 housemates were much more entertaining than the later series with 6 or 7, and the final especially felt like an event with 3-4 people with all finalists getting decent airtime rather than them having to rush through 6 interviews.
Personally I’d have to disagree. I can see how on paper it makes more sense to have minimal housemates left at the end, but during my BBAU rewatch I found that with less housemates I was a lot more bored. Storyline’s had been drawn out, housemates were extremely bored and a lot of the time it was just the finalists reflecting and recapping.

I agree 6 finalists was a bit extreme and made the finale very rushed though. I just look at having 3-4 housemates in the final week to be very dated.

Personally I’d have to disagree. I can see how on paper it makes more sense to have minimal housemates left at the end, but during my BBAU rewatch I found that with less housemates I was a lot more bored. Storyline’s had been drawn out, housemates were extremely bored and a lot of the time it was just the finalists reflecting and recapping.

I agree 6 finalists was a bit extreme and made the finale very rushed though. I just look at having 3-4 housemates in the final week to be very dated.
BB18 would had 6 in the final week (would have had 7 had there not been an ejection) and it made the series feel like it came to an abrupt ending. It easily could have gone on for another two weeks and not been boring.

Exactly, and nominations wise it really is a cop out when nominations stop at the final 7/8. If you get down to the final 5 it really does become much tougher.

There is a balance though to be had - personally I'd be fine with 6 going into the final week as long as there is a double 3-4 days before the final, and that double is on the back of nominations, not just the bottom two in a vote to win. I think that's the perfect compromise, and if it were on the Tuesday before a Friday final you're only dealing with the Thursday show really just including 4 people - and they can probably stick a memory dinner or awards show thing into that show anyway.

Exactly, and nominations wise it really is a cop out when nominations stop at the final 7/8. If you get down to the final 5 it really does become much tougher.

There is a balance though to be had - personally I'd be fine with 6 going into the final week as long as there is a double 3-4 days before the final, and that double is on the back of nominations, not just the bottom two in a vote to win. I think that's the perfect compromise, and if it were on the Tuesday before a Friday final you're only dealing with the Thursday show really just including 4 people - and they can probably stick a memory dinner or awards show thing into that show anyway.

This is more of the idea I had in mind. Having around 6 people with the final double eviction occurring a few days before hand.

Just watched a couple of clips of AJ. I can see doing well 🙂 seems pretty down to earth. Just so excited at this point though haha

Just watched a couple of clips of AJ. I can see doing well 🙂 seems pretty down to earth. Just so excited at this point though haha
It’s really sad the social media reception to this rumour hasn’t been great. The replies to BBSpy’s article on FB have all been negative. Although most fail to recognize how much she’s grown since her time on BBOTS.

So far she’s the only one rumoured I feel like I can get behind… IMO she’s different enough that she fits with ITV’s vision of a refreshed series and yet still quirky enough that she doesn’t feel like a complete departure from Davina/Emma.

ITV have said their goal is to recruit new viewers rather than appease long term fans so hopefully the naysayers comments don’t carry much weight in the decision making process.

I do like both Emily and Vick but I don't think either are right for Big Brother, especially Emily. I've personally been tipping Roman Kemp for a while though and there are certainly advantages to the host having a daily breakfast show on commercial radio. Yes, Vick Hope has the Radio 1 audience but BBC rules would limit how much she could talk about Big Brother on that.

Reports today the series has been pushed back to the autumn.

Disappointing, and why make that decision now? The I'm a Celebrity special was already pre-recorded so it's not a new development. Wouldn't it be easier to push the I'm a Celebrity broadcast if ITV is worried?

Reports today the series has been pushed back to the autumn.

Here’s hoping this is just speculation.

I’d expect that delaying the series until autumn could backfire given they’ve already started advertising the revival and much of the excitement that’s been building will have died down by the time the series has launched.

Also wasn’t the All Stars series of I’m a Celebrity supposed to be a shorter series? Surely there’s enough room in the spring schedule for it between winter LI and BB.

This announcement is really making me reconsider the faith I’ve put in ITV making this revival a success. The over-saturation issue should have been considered BEFORE the official announcement was made. IMO it signals poor decision making and lack of foresight.

Back