Skip to main content

BBUK returns Sun 8 Oct 2023 (and Celeb BB back in 2024)

Applications are open via bigbrother.com and close on January 27th:

We’re looking for the nation’s most interesting, funny and entertaining characters from all walks of life.

Think you’ve got what it takes to be a great housemate?

If you want an amazing experience and a chance of winning an incredible amount of money, we’d love to hear from you.

6 weeks did seem rather short so I’m glad they’ve decided to extend. IMO 9 to 10 weeks is ideal but 8 is still a decent length provided they plan the series and number of HM’s accordingly.

Applications are open via bigbrother.com and close on January 27th:

We’re looking for the nation’s most interesting, funny and entertaining characters from all walks of life.

Think you’ve got what it takes to be a great housemate?

If you want an amazing experience and a chance of winning an incredible amount of money, we’d love to hear from you.
So this pretty much confirms it will be a spring premiere.

It's been confirmed now as airing from March, following the conclusion of the Winter edition of Love Island.

With it being that early in the year wouldn't be surprised at all if there is another run in Sept/Oct.

The more I read the more excited I am! It's not exactly the same as watching the Aussie version as an Aussie fan, bit super keen to watch BB come back this way. Happy with the 8 weeks in length although I'd rather it be a tad longer. As long as there is a decent amount of housemates left in the final week it should be fine. It's all happening sooner than I thought and I am super happy. One Survivor AU is about to wrap up I'll be able to jump straight into it. I am SOOOO excited!

It's been confirmed now as airing from March, following the conclusion of the Winter edition of Love Island.

With it being that early in the year wouldn't be surprised at all if there is another run in Sept/Oct.

Jan-Feb - Love Island
March-May - Big Brother
Jun-Aug - Love Island
Sept-Nov - Big Brother
Nov-Dec - I’m a Celebrity

It would be a fully stacked year of reality TV for ITV!

With Big Brother starting in March, I wonder where they will place the I’m a Celebrity All Stars that they’ve filmed? I wonder if there will be a 2 week gap between Love Island and BB to air it in? With it being their debut BB series I’d imagine they will want to keep it as protected as possible and I’m not sure putting it head to head with IAC is something they’d go for.

Fuck me, I just realised that if it airs between March-June and has live feeds, my life between this and BBCAN is going to be absolutely gone.

I imagine that if successful, a second series later in the year will be CBB, which I’m still pleasantly surprised they didn’t lead with. I’m a Celeb All stars would probably be early in the year, maybe in-between like you said? Hard to imagine they’d keep it all the way to Nov 2023

Jan-Feb - Love Island
March-May - Big Brother
Jun-Aug - Love Island
Sept-Nov - Big Brother

With Big Brother starting in March, I wonder where they will place the I’m a Celebrity All Stars that they’ve filmed? I wonder if there will be a 2 week gap between Love Island and BB to air it in? With it being their debut BB series I’d imagine they will want to keep it as protected as possible and I’m not sure putting it head to head with IAC is something they’d go for.
I think it'll be early January with Love Island then later in the month. If not probably late Feb which could be great for promoting BB.

Jan-Feb - Love Island
March-May - Big Brother
Jun-Aug - Love Island
Sept-Nov - Big Brother

BB airs on ITV2. IACGMOOH airs on ITV1.

I think it'll be early January with Love Island then later in the month. If not probably late Feb which could be great for promoting BB.
Yeah I would imagine January Love Island will be shorter like it was in 2020, which does leave a few weeks spare for I’m a Celebrity either before or after. Either would provide decent promo opportunities for Big Brother.

Maya Jama has now been confirmed as the new host of Love Island, so I wonder when the BBUK presenter will be confirmed?

The more I read the more excited I am! It's not exactly the same as watching the Aussie version as an Aussie fan, bit super keen to watch BB come back this way. Happy with the 8 weeks in length although I'd rather it be a tad longer. As long as there is a decent amount of housemates left in the final week it should be fine. It's all happening sooner than I thought and I am super happy. One Survivor AU is about to wrap up I'll be able to jump straight into it. I am SOOOO excited!

So this is good news for you, right? 😂 😂 😂

Not enough to watch all 19 seasons before hand 🤣 but still good news nonetheless
Haha I better get a move on, Im almost finished BBUK2 (up to almost Final 5 now) but Ive had a couple breaks (I Started this season Aug 18th) have had a busy week here and here. See how I go. Maybe at least get through the C4 seasons by the time this starts.

I will say though 9 weeks still feels like a good run, so depending if they do it like these early seasons with 10-11 Housemates, or maybe give them an eviction in the early days and not 2 weeks in/Have more at the end, could be interesting to see how they meter it out for the 8 weeks.

Haha I better get a move on, Im almost finished BBUK2 (up to almost Final 5 now) but Ive had a couple breaks (I Started this season Aug 18th) have had a busy week here and here. See how I go. Maybe at least get through the C4 seasons by the time this starts.

I will say though 9 weeks still feels like a good run, so depending if they do it like these early seasons with 10-11 Housemates, or maybe give them an eviction in the early days and not 2 weeks in/Have more at the end, could be interesting to see how they meter it out for the 8 weeks.

I’m trying to work my way through BBCAN first. I’ve had a 4 month break however. I’ve only ever watched BBUK6,7,15,16 and 19 in full, I have no doubt in my mind I could speed through a decent chunk before the new season starts, but I don’t really wanna be in that place again lol. One day I will.

I would expect a smaller cast, I don’t expect any late entrants as well given the short run and possibly a way to refresh the series. The best way would be to include 4+ finalists and to maybe save the double/mid week evictions until the end. The last thing I want to see is the early 2000s style of having minimal housemates in those last weeks.

The last thing I want to see is the early 2000s style of having minimal housemates in those last weeks.
That is exactly what I want to see. Those final weeks with 3 or 4 housemates were much more entertaining than the later series with 6 or 7, and the final especially felt like an event with 3-4 people with all finalists getting decent airtime rather than them having to rush through 6 interviews.

Back