Skip to main content

I'm A Celebrity: The Ratings Thread!

Rison

The Nomination Pillow has spoken!
Sunday - February 1st 2015: 1.199 million (#4) / 1.136 million (#5)
Monday - February 2nd 2015: 755,000 (#14)
Tuesday - February 3rd 2015: 685,000 (#13)
Wednesday - February 4th 2015: 588,000 (#14)

So... where is the floor on this thing?

Reactions: Tee
Yeah I was hoping the floor would be around the 800k mark.
Next week will be the real test when ratings officially start.

Thursday - February 6th 2015: 698,000 (#12)

And for the first time since the premiere, it ranked in the top 5 for all three demos.
25-54: 411,000 (#2)
18-49: 373,000 (#3)
16-39: 224,000 (#3)

Thursday - February 6th 2015: 698,000 (#12)

And for the first time since the premiere, it ranked in the top 5 for all three demos.
25-54: 411,000 (#2)
18-49: 373,000 (#3)
16-39: 224,000 (#3)
No MKR as competition. Hope it does a slow build

I'm actually somewhat happy for Channel 10. They really needed SOME sort of success. Even I went a few years without ever switching to Channel 10 at all, despite it always being my "preferred" channel. It's good to be back...

I'm actually somewhat happy for Channel 10. They really needed SOME sort of success. Even I went a few years without ever switching to Channel 10 at all, despite it always being my "preferred" channel. It's good to be back...

Yeah, I fondly remember the days when 10 was my preferred channel—back when it came across as the risky, rebellious teen of commercial networks.

I kinda wish the show was getting better ratings, although I don't know if it was wise putting it up against something like MKR.

Yeah, I fondly remember the days when 10 was my preferred channel—back when it came across as the risky, rebellious teen of commercial networks.

I kinda wish the show was getting better ratings, although I don't know if it was wise putting it up against something like MKR.
They can't just pack up and go home whilst MKR is on. Kudos for them trying something new.

They should probably think about putting some celebrities on the show rather than a few retired sportspeople, a one "hit" tv actress from over 40 years ago, an underwear model??, and those other z-grade "entertainers"/hosts. I knew the list would be pretty bad but that casting is beyond pathetic. Ugh.

...I did notice that 'I'm a celeb' had started at 6:30 and finished at 8:00 and 'MKR' began at 8:00 onwards... was that smart thinking on Ten's part to avoid direct competition with each other?... just a thought... cheers.

...I did notice that 'I'm a celeb' had started at 6:30 and finished at 8:00 and 'MKR' began at 8:00 onwards... was that smart thinking on Ten's part to avoid direct competition with each other?... just a thought... cheers.
Good pick up on the timing, Mr S.:thumbsup:

Good pick up on the timing, Mr S.:thumbsup:

...well if Peter Abbott... (the former original Producer of Big Brother) puts up a new show against a juggernaut like 'My Kitchen Rules' he's going to be clever enough to dodge that beast by doing something like that... he's a clever dude that would definitely be wise enough to guide the people on Ten on how to combat MKR in my opinion... just my theory anyway... cheers.

Sunday - February 9th 2015
The show was coded into two parts.

Part 1: 616,000 viewers
Did not rank in the top 5 for any demo.

Part 2 - Eviction: 744,000 viewers
As for the demos:
25-54: Did not rank in top 5. Less than 429,000.
18-49: 387,000 (#5)
16-39: 252,000 (#5)

Decent result when you consider the fact not only it was facing MKR, but also the two Sydney Siege specials on Seven and Nine. Next Sunday's results should be interesting...

Sunday - February 9th 2015
Decent result when you consider the fact not only it was facing MKR, but also the two Sydney Siege specials on Seven and Nine. Next Sunday's results should be interesting...

Excellent results!
I was worried, with all that competition, but it held up really well...

Last night's episode did a lot better than I expected considering the competition. Impressed.

Monday - February 9th 2015:
Was coded into two parts again.

Part 1: 651,000 viewers (#15)
Part 2 - Intruders Enter: 614,000 viewers (#20)
Neither part ranked in the top 5 in any demo.

Overall the show was down 19.4% from last Monday (755,000 viewers) and dropped in the overall rankings (was #14).

Monday - February 9th 2015:
Was coded into two parts again.

Part 1: 651,000 viewers (#15)
Part 2 - Intruders Enter: 614,000 viewers (#20)
Neither part ranked in the top 5 in any demo.

Overall the show was down 19.4% from last Monday (755,000 viewers) and dropped in the overall rankings (was #14).
Bugger.

I must say, I watch MKR and tape Celebrity, so in essence I am part of the problem.

Bugger.

I must say, I watch MKR and tape Celebrity, so in essence I am part of the problem.

As long as it is viewed in the following 7 days (by people with a ratings box) they will be included in the consolidated ratings.

I still think Ten would be happy with the numbers. Not sure if enough to go a second season - but better than they had last year.

Back