Skip to main content

I'm A Celebrity! AU (2018) - Articles

I’m a Celeb: Brendan Fevola drops a ‘bombshell’

CHANNEL 10 has been hinting for weeks that “fire is likely to ignite” between Mundine and Green. But Brendan Fevola has another view.

BRENDAN Fevola has dropped an I’m a Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! “bombshell”.

The former AFL star, who won the second season of I’m a Celeb in 2016, revealed on Fox FM’s Fifi, Fev and Byron that Anthony Mundine and Danny Green are actually good mates.

Channel 10 has hyped Danny Green’s arrival in the jungle and has hinted there’ll be fireworks between him and Anthony Mundine.

Back in December they teased Mundine and Green’s appearance on the show by saying, “two celebrities in the middle of Australia’s biggest feud will be heading into the jungle”.

“This Australian duo are used to clashing in real life, but what will happen when they are forced to live alongside one another in the unpredictable African terrain? Cut off from their friends and families, with daily food rations and exposure to the elements of the wilderness, fire is likely to ignite between the argumentative duo.”

On last night's episodn, Danny Green was interviewed by hosts Julia Morris and Dr Chris Brown and was asked about his rivalry with Mundine.

Watching a live feed of the camp, Green said of his long-time boxing rival who was shown snoozing on his camp bed, “He might have another nap, if he doesn’t behave.”

Asked if he could foresee he and Mundine building bridges during their upcoming time together, Green made the rather bizarre assertion, “I don’t foresee us becoming bum chums.”

But according to Fevola, it’s all an act.

“Peek behind the curtain,” Fevola said on Fox FM. “They’re actually mates, there’s a bombshell.”

“You’ve told me this before and it blows my mind,” Fifi Box said on air. “So that is all trash talk, they pretend to hate each other?”

“Yes and they make a fortune because they just box with each other again and again,” Fevola replied, before recalling the moment he learnt the truth about the boxers’ friendship.

“It was about 10 years ago and I was at some hotel and Choc [Anthony Mundine] was fighting and I was in his room to get some tickets,” Fevola said.

“So we’re sitting down, having a chat because I know him well and I know Danny Green really well.”

There was a knock on the hotel room door and Fevola said he assumed it was someone else there to pick up tickets.

“In walked Danny Green and Danny Green’s wife and I’m going, ‘Oh it’s going to be on! What’s happening? These guys hate each other!’” Fevola told his radio co-hosts.

But rather than throw punches, the two fighters “cuddled” and exchanged pleasantries.

“I’m going, ‘What the hell is going on here?’ And when he walked out he [Mundine] went, ‘Oh nah, we’re mates.’”

“That just wrecked it all for me,” Fevola said.

“That is groundbreaking goss,” Box said. “So you’re saying if they are going into the jungle that’s all going to be a farce? That’s all going to be pretend?”

“They’ll go in there and everyone’s going to think they’ll hate each other and then they’re going to be best mates and everyone will go, ‘Look, they’ve become mates!’” Fevola said.

“They’ve been mates for 10 years!”

There have been a many insults traded between Green and Mundine over the years, and more than a couple of blows.

The boxers have met in the ring for two famous grudge matches.

Mundine won the opening bout in 2006, and Green scored a controversial win in a rematch in 2017.

We’ll have to wait until Sunday night’s episode to find out if Mundine and Green keep up the charade or if they’re friendly with each from the outset.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...l/news-story/376eefba10f42033f36f5dd4e8bc042d

...the way that edit was it was quite cringey on how they are trying to promote some sort of romance out of those two... it's never going to happen that within a mere few weeks in the jungle that two people will 'fall in love' and it's legitimate... it would only be to further their time in the jungle if there was a 'spark' between them... it's been proven so many times before (with perhaps the exception of the cave man and the elf from 'Survivor' just recently... urgh!)... but I seriously doubt that he would do that just to get further to the end from what I've seen of him so far...

...I have to be honest too... if you hadn't had put up that article pecan I can honestly say that I had forgotten that Simone was even in the jungle... she really has absolutely nothing to offer to the show as far as I'm concerned at least... I don't dislike her... I just don't like her that's all... cheers.

Who's the king of reality TV? Results from the first week of ratings for 2018 revealed as Married At First Sight, My Kitchen Rules, and I'm A Celeb battle it out for top spot

For the past eight years, My Kitchen Rules has by far and away been summer's highest-rated reality show.

But this year, it's faced much stronger competition from Channel Nine's Married At First Sight and Channel Ten's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!

Now, OzTam has revealed Australia's current number one reality show, releasing results from the first full week of the prime time ratings period.
While it's started 2018 in its most volatile position since it premiered in 2010, My Kitchen Rules is still on top.

The show attracted an average of 1,107,000 viewers per episode over its first week, after premiering on Monday to 1,182,000 viewers.

Surprisingly, I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! finished in second, with an average of 941,000 viewers per episode over four nights.

But that result was clearly inflated by its impressive 1,274,000 viewers earned when it premiered on Sunday - a day ahead of its competition.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ek-reality-TV-ratings-2018.html#ixzz561qu1EIb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And when you see the tweets/followers, a lot of people watch all 3.........and for all the gross challenges in the Jungle, nobody and nothing on Celebs in the Jungle is as repulsive as MKR & MAFS

Hey @Mr Stickyfingers , you are sounding a bit like and old cranky bastard, careful....:)

...the way that edit was it was quite cringey on how they are trying to promote some sort of romance out of those two... it's never going to happen........

But it does happen, has happened, at least 3 times.....Lauren Brandt and that big guy, they just had a baby mate (Celeb Jungle), Survivor .....now has 2 couples

But it does happen, has happened, at least 3 times.....Lauren Brandt and that big guy, they just had a baby mate (Celeb Jungle), Survivor .....now has 2 couples

Lauren & Barry Hall didn't get together until a year after the show.

Lauren was sleeping with the married ex NRL 'star' Beau Ryan at the time.

Hey @Mr Stickyfingers , you are sounding a bit like and old cranky bastard, careful....:)

...hahaha!... me?... an old cranky bastard?...bwhahahahaha!...you're probably right... I am at times lol!... what I was getting at kxk (but probably should have elaborated further at the time perhaps) was that while on these Reality Shows they might have an initial spark between a couple in the first few weeks together but I seriously doubt that they actually do 'fall in love' in front of the nation 'Live' every night...I think that they may fall 'in lust' with each other during the show because of a few reasons...

(1)... to further their advancement in the show in the hope that their 'love affair' gets them to the grand final...
(2)... to have someone just to have companionship and someone to snuggle up to each night until the series ends...
(3)... they have an infatuation for each other that sometimes carries over after the show ends and THEN develops into what could end up in 'true love' and then perhaps marriage and children as you have stated kxk...

...I really find it hard to believe that two people can actually 'fall in love' during the course of a few weeks during the run of the show itself... so when people like Alex expect them to act like a couple 'in love' then I think that he is deluding himself... two people 'flirting' and being 'in lust' with each other until one of them is kicked off the show is something completely different in my eyes anyway...

...to be quite honest kxk... I have a sneaking suspicion that some of the people that you mentioned may have been a 'couple' on the show and when it finished they then had to do the media circuit for a few months to eke out their 15 minutes of fame and perhaps their 'love' for each other blossomed during this time together and when they had finished doing their 'circus act' together had nothing else going for them and THEN thought... "what the hell?... we may aswell really stay together... we've got nothing else"... (perhaps that's just the cynical git inside me coming out eh?... lol!)...

...but I digress... so... Alex trying to start a 'love affair' that none of us would believe for a minute is such an antiquated storyline that it is quite laughable to me and for god's sake... we're heading towards the year 2020 soon... not 2000... that crap has done it's course in this day and age in most Reality Shows... if a genuine 'love affair' occurred naturally then we would all be more invested in it but when it is pre-orchestrated by the likes of him then it doesn't wash with me I'm afraid...

...getting the likes of Tomic/Mundine and Green in just for 'tension' and 'drama' is no different in trying to encourage a 'romantic love affair' to me on Alex's behalf as far as I'm concerned... I think that Alex has run out of ideas on how to create great entertainment for us anymore... he has run his course... he should go before he destroys this show completely...

...how about this for an idea Alex... what about just letting the 'celebrities' do their 'own thing' for a change?... you know... let them just act naturally and be themselves during the run of the show old son?... you never know...the show may just rate it's head off mate... lol!... cheers.

...as they say Shannon... "that's show business!"... now stop griping about it and move on sunshine... cheers.

Agreed. Shannon's was a cover of a song that had already been a hit. It wasn't a gamble or anything to do with Shannon's choices, he just got lucky. Another artist had an equal right to record a version, and it was just an album track, not a single (by Shayne Ward, who nobody cares about).

Should probably highlight this bit from that article:

... forcing production to suspend voting for the 42-year-old on the popular Channel Ten reality show.

Viewer voting to save, or keep celebrities in the jungle, remains open for the other campmates.

Should probably highlight this bit from that article:

:eek: OMG! Another one???

Well tonight's show will be interesting! I wonder if they will have any behind the scenes footage of this exit? And a interview with Chris and Julia as well?

...hahaha!... well... that goes to prove that dreams do come true afterall lol!... cheers.
...what a friggin' sooky lalah!...

Sucked in Alex.

Two of your draw cards have quit.

Now all we have left is the fake romance

FANTASTIC NEWS.......and thank god, the spoiler was making me not want to watch, the gimmicks and Alex dimwitted crap almost done, just one more obnoxious lump to remove, and then it becomes the show I like

Back