Skip to main content

I'm A Celebrity! AU (2018) - Articles

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...h/news-story/9252dc07d635437005408c7aaa17b7e3

Akmal unloads!

“You think I like the taste of fish guts? No. When you see the show, look at these so-called celebrities’ eyes. They’ve got that look in their eyes, like, ‘Oh ... I should have been more careful with my money. If I’d bought Bitcoin, had a savings account or spoken to a financial adviser, I wouldn’t be in this mess right now’.”

“No one wants to do these shows. No one wants to do it. No one. It’s only for the money.”

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...h/news-story/9252dc07d635437005408c7aaa17b7e3

Akmal unloads!

“You think I like the taste of fish guts? No. When you see the show, look at these so-called celebrities’ eyes. They’ve got that look in their eyes, like, ‘Oh ... I should have been more careful with my money. If I’d bought Bitcoin, had a savings account or spoken to a financial adviser, I wouldn’t be in this mess right now’.”

“No one wants to do these shows. No one wants to do it. No one. It’s only for the money.”

What a surprise. NOT.

Is Akmal trying to keep in the limelight.

Man arrested for allegedly blackmailing singer Casey Donovan

A FORMER friend of Australian singing sensation Casey Donovan has been arrested for allegedly blackmailing the star.

A NSW Police spokesman told news.com.au that a 33-year-old man was yesterday charged with blackmail and use of carriage service to menace.

The offences reportedly involved a threatening text message sent by the man to Donovan.

“Police attached to Bankstown Local Area Command commenced an investigation, following reports from a 29-year-old woman, that she was allegedly being blackmailed,” the spokesman said.

“Following inquiries a 33-year-old man was arrested at a home in Lalor Park just after midnight on Tuesday January 23.

“He was taken to Bankstown Police station and charged with blackmail and use carriage service to menace.”

The man was granted conditional bail to appear at Blacktown Court on February 7.

Donovan has been the victim of a friend who scammed her in the past.

The former Australian Idol winner has previously revealed she was madly in love with a man named Campbell for six years — only to discover in 2010 that he never actually existed and she had been catfished. Donovan said a female friend named Olga was later found to be behind all correspondence from ‘Campbell’.

Donovan shot to fame in 2004 at the age of just 16 when she won the second season of Australian Idol.

She later carved out a successful career in musical theatre and last year won reality television show I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here.

She has since undergone an impressive transformation, having lost 36kg in a year.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...n/news-story/ef81524176cb117b9e7b49b86633b6f6

I’m a Celebrity faces TV challenge
January 26th, 2018 By David Knox Filed under: News,

I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here returns to TEN on Sunday and while the celebrities will face some squeamish and terrifying challenges, TEN has his own set of challenges, facing major sport and reality competition.

“We become very unpatriotic every year!” TEN Network Head of Programming Daniel Monaghan joked to TV Tonight. “I like to see Australians lose the tennis every year!”

Fortunately for TEN no Aussies will appear in the Australian Open finals, but it will still be a mammoth task.

The show launches on Sunday following Lisa Wilkinson’s first edition hosting The Sunday Project. On Monday it faces the return of My Kitchen Rules and Married at First Sight.

“The tennis and cricket are huge and we’ve gone against them every year, so we have to think strategically about that night and then the big reality shows on night 2. So we will be working towards something big for night 2,” he continued.

“The run is fairly similar but there are changes based around our commitment to Big Bash.”

BBL Semi-Finals are set for Thursday Feb 1, Friday Feb 2 and a Final twilight game takes place on Sunday Feb 4.

Monaghan promises plenty of entertainment for Celebrity viewers.

“We’re going into Year 4 so we have gotten to a point where the challenges we have created are really refined. They are scaled up again. I think people will be really happy that there will be a major game each night which will work for us across the week.

“Chris & Julia now how to make it work so we are thrilled to have them back, of course.”

This season features “two feuding celebrities, an Aussie comedian, an AFL champion, an Aussie rocker, an iconic Australian actor, Australia’s stand-up queen, a television star, a pop sensation, a tennis star, a best-selling author, a loudmouth television star and one of Australia’s hottest models land in the jungle.”

Rumoured names include Fran Drescher, Anthony Mundine & Danny Green, Mark Phillipoussis or Bernard Tomic, Peter Rowsthorn or Glenn Robbins, Jackie Gillies, Ricki-Lee Coulter, Fiona O’Loughlin,

“The cast is diverse and really on-point. Both the male and female cast are very strong. It’s fun to have so much speculation again in the press,” he said.

“As always not all speculation is correct, but we just smile along with it.

“We have a few who we consider to be marquee this year and there is again an international and Australian cast.”

Sunday: Eliminations / Team Challenges
Each Sunday, the celebrities will go head-to-head in team trials that will see one team feasting, while the other remains hungry and green with envy.

Monday: Celebrities Don’t Like Mondays
The celebrities will develop a newfound dislike for Mondays when they learn of the horrible surprises in store for them. From dangerous heights to gruesome food, the celebrities will be faced with everything and anything that could make their skin crawl. Afterwards, the celebrities will be joined by Chris and Julia in camp for the weekly elimination, where the campmates will be forced to say goodbye to one or more of their fellow celebrities

Tuesday: Tucker Chewsday
Maggot muffin washed down with a blended rat milkshake anyone? It’s eating trial night, terrible news for the celebrities, great news for the viewers. The infamous Tucker Chewsday is back and the jungle menu is packed with even more gruesome local delights. What will the celebrities be able to stomach in order to feed the rest of the camp?

Wednesday: Horrifying Hump Day
There is no day that sends a shiver down a celebrity’s spine more than Horrifying Hump Day. Wednesdays are when the celebrities must face the biggest and most spectacular trials in I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! history.

Thursday: Dirty Thursday
Thursdays are a huge day for the celebrities because they are playing for three days’ worth of food. Creepy crawlies, slime and muck: if the celebrities want food for the weekend, they are going to have to get down and dirty.

Begins 7:30pm Sunday on TEN.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/01/im-a-celebrity-faces-tv-challenge.html

I’m a Celebrity faces TV challenge
January 26th, 2018 By David Knox Filed under: News,

I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here returns to TEN on Sunday and while the celebrities will face some squeamish and terrifying challenges, TEN has his own set of challenges, facing major sport and reality competition.

“We become very unpatriotic every year!” TEN Network Head of Programming Daniel Monaghan joked to TV Tonight. “I like to see Australians lose the tennis every year!”

Fortunately for TEN no Aussies will appear in the Australian Open finals, but it will still be a mammoth task.

The show launches on Sunday following Lisa Wilkinson’s first edition hosting The Sunday Project. On Monday it faces the return of My Kitchen Rules and Married at First Sight.

“The tennis and cricket are huge and we’ve gone against them every year, so we have to think strategically about that night and then the big reality shows on night 2. So we will be working towards something big for night 2,” he continued.

“The run is fairly similar but there are changes based around our commitment to Big Bash.”

BBL Semi-Finals are set for Thursday Feb 1, Friday Feb 2 and a Final twilight game takes place on Sunday Feb 4.

Monaghan promises plenty of entertainment for Celebrity viewers.

“We’re going into Year 4 so we have gotten to a point where the challenges we have created are really refined. They are scaled up again. I think people will be really happy that there will be a major game each night which will work for us across the week.

“Chris & Julia now how to make it work so we are thrilled to have them back, of course.”

This season features “two feuding celebrities, an Aussie comedian, an AFL champion, an Aussie rocker, an iconic Australian actor, Australia’s stand-up queen, a television star, a pop sensation, a tennis star, a best-selling author, a loudmouth television star and one of Australia’s hottest models land in the jungle.”

Rumoured names include Fran Drescher, Anthony Mundine & Danny Green, Mark Phillipoussis or Bernard Tomic, Peter Rowsthorn or Glenn Robbins, Jackie Gillies, Ricki-Lee Coulter, Fiona O’Loughlin,

“The cast is diverse and really on-point. Both the male and female cast are very strong. It’s fun to have so much speculation again in the press,” he said.

“As always not all speculation is correct, but we just smile along with it.

“We have a few who we consider to be marquee this year and there is again an international and Australian cast.”

Sunday: Eliminations / Team Challenges
Each Sunday, the celebrities will go head-to-head in team trials that will see one team feasting, while the other remains hungry and green with envy.

Monday: Celebrities Don’t Like Mondays
The celebrities will develop a newfound dislike for Mondays when they learn of the horrible surprises in store for them. From dangerous heights to gruesome food, the celebrities will be faced with everything and anything that could make their skin crawl. Afterwards, the celebrities will be joined by Chris and Julia in camp for the weekly elimination, where the campmates will be forced to say goodbye to one or more of their fellow celebrities

Tuesday: Tucker Chewsday
Maggot muffin washed down with a blended rat milkshake anyone? It’s eating trial night, terrible news for the celebrities, great news for the viewers. The infamous Tucker Chewsday is back and the jungle menu is packed with even more gruesome local delights. What will the celebrities be able to stomach in order to feed the rest of the camp?

Wednesday: Horrifying Hump Day
There is no day that sends a shiver down a celebrity’s spine more than Horrifying Hump Day. Wednesdays are when the celebrities must face the biggest and most spectacular trials in I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! history.

Thursday: Dirty Thursday
Thursdays are a huge day for the celebrities because they are playing for three days’ worth of food. Creepy crawlies, slime and muck: if the celebrities want food for the weekend, they are going to have to get down and dirty.

Begins 7:30pm Sunday on TEN.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/01/im-a-celebrity-faces-tv-challenge.html

...this is all quite fascinating to read Melore... thanks for posting it... I found this section to be quite interesting...

...out of all of them I only like the ones in Blue... all of the rest if true?... pfffffft!... I'm not impressed if it does ring true... (which I seriously doubt)... but I guess that we'll see eh?... lol!... cheers.

I’m a Celeb host Julia Morris picks her five most memorable contestants

AFTER three seasons of I’m A Celeb, co-host Julia Morris definitely has her favourite - and least favourite - contestants. She reveals all to news.com.au.

FORTY celebrities have appeared on the Aussie version of I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here, but which ones does Julia Morris consider the most memorable?

The host with the most opened up to news.com.au about the five contestants who made the biggest impression on her (and not necessarily good impressions, either).

1. Freddie Flintoff, winner of season 1

“Number one will always be Freddie Flintoff who I knew nothing about when he came in except that he was the captain of the cricket, but I’ve got no business with sport.

“I watched him just charm the rest of the camp quietly, which I thought is not a skill I possess. I loved his complete honesty in the Tok Tokki and his general attitude.

“He really got what the show was about. He got that it’s not a journey, it’s a comedy.”

2. Chrissie Swan, season one third-place getter

“Number two is Chrissie Swan because every single word that comes out of her mouth actually leaked joy into my marrow and then it stayed within my bones.

“She was my very first personal friend that went in. Every year there’s been a friend of mine that’s gone in, just coincidentally. They ring me and say, ‘What do you reckon I should do?’ and I always say, ‘Know yourself when you’re tired because that’s the person that’s going to show, not your usual in control self. If you think you’re great when you’re tired, then rock on!’

“So she was the first one to introduce to me to how hard it would be to have a mate in there. There’s no special treatment, I cannot be seen to be favouring anyone in front of the other contestants or put them off their game.”

3. Lisa Curry, finished sixth on season three

“Number three is ‘suck it up buttercup’ Lisa Curry because I feel if I ever manage to make it into the jungle I am hoping that it’s Lisa Curry that I behave like.

“We’re a similar age, we are similarly outspoken women and I think she has a sense of fairness that I will really try to strive for more in my life.

“And she’s seriously sexy. What else do you need?”

4. Keira Maguire, evicted fifth on season 3 (after entering on day 19)

“Number four would have to be Keira because when she was in the jungle, I know that she has changed personally over the last 12 months, but her time in the jungle is going to give me an idea of how to deal with my children in their teenage years. And if they start up on a tantrum I’m gonna shred ‘em. She really taught me that.

“I just couldn’t hide how I felt about Keira at those trials. It wasn’t that she was having a tantrum, it was that she was making the trial go four hours longer and I wasn’t able to return to my luxurious accommodation.”

5. Steve Price, finished in fifth place on season three.

“My lucky last is Steve Price. I would never have expected to have liked him as much as I do.

“I wouldn’t have thought that the Steve Price that I knew so little about when he came into the jungle … the whole right-wing/ none of his thoughts are my thoughts etc ... I doubt we could ever be friends and then watching him, whether he blossomed in the jungle or whether he just showed us a bit more of himself, I fell in love.

“He was incredible and he was another one who took the game for what it is.”

The fourth season of I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here starts this Sunday night on Ten and the show has slowly been releasing clues about the identities of the stars heading into the jungle.

When asked which ones she’s most looking forward to seeing on the show, Morris said, “probably the two who are in the middle of Australia’s biggest feud”.

“And I’m really looking forward to the Queen of Comedy,” she added.

We asked Morris if she could actually be the Queen of Comedy the clue is referring to and let’s just say she didn’t shoot the idea down.

“Well, no comment,” she replied, “but wouldn’t that be amazing”.

I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here premieres Sunday, January 82 at 7.30pm on Ten and WIN Network.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...s/news-story/34b5034e4856df18cd83665ae0087e30

Love it how she threw shade on Kiera.

It is rating.........the trash on 9 and 7 are showing signs of dying, even the brain dead viewers that hang out on 7/9 are feeling icky from the fake manipulated MAFS - the undatable weirdos are gross; and MKR, same, a cooking show that is nothing to do with food, bitchy bogans with egos.

Down to the wire! The Closest prime time ratings race this decade is on as My Kitchen Rules, Married At First Sight and I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! are locked in a near-tie

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ratings-race-decade-begins.html#ixzz55jXCUNk9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It is rating.........the trash on 9 and 7 are showing signs of dying, even the brain dead viewers that hang out on 7/9 are feeling icky from the fake manipulated MAFS - the undatable weirdos are gross; and MKR, same, a cooking show that is nothing to do with food, bitchy bogans with egos.

Down to the wire! The Closest prime time ratings race this decade is on as My Kitchen Rules, Married At First Sight and I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! are locked in a near-tie

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ratings-race-decade-begins.html#ixzz55jXCUNk9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

...go Celeb you good thing you!... that's a great result... cheers.

...after reading those articles (and thanks for posting them my friend) I think that Alex Mavroidakis and all that were responsible for putting Bernard into there in the first place have a lot to answer for... especially if Alex used one of the shows Psychologists to help persuade Bernard to stay longer... that is not showing 'duty of care' to an individual... that is a grab for headlines and ratings coming before the mental health of an individual... shame on all that were associated with this I say... cheers.

Back