Skip to main content

I'm A Celebrity! AU (2017) - Articles

Does anyone actually like The Living Room? No offence but I think he's wasted on that show. For me it's incredibly boring. Miguel is irritating, Barry is boring and irritating, and the only positive is that Amanda Keller is a great host who deserves a better show.

Does anyone actually like The Living Room? No offence but I think he's wasted on that show. For me it's incredibly boring. Miguel is irritating, Barry is boring and irritating, and the only positive is that Amanda Keller is a great host who deserves a better show.

I have been taping it for the past few weeks. But only for the competition.

I find Amanda Keller irritating.

To be honest the show is crap.[DOUBLEPOST=1488943874][/DOUBLEPOST]Ash interview.

If you watch the entire video, near the end (with 35 seconds left) Lisa is hugging Nat.

So one of them may go.

NAZEEM ARTICLE:)

NAZEEM Hussain is not your average comedian. He’s got something to say, although admits with that comes pressure.

After years of slog, his final-four finish on I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here has given the 31-year-old a bigger, more commercial platform than he’s ever had before.

“I’ve been able to hide behind SBS and the ABC where people who tune in already think like me,” Hussain tells Insider.

“I don’t know what is ahead. I just want to be doing funny things. I love touring. If it is funny, I will do it. That is my rule. I didn’t think I would be in there (the jungle) very long. I didn’t think people would respond to me.”
Before entering the South African jungle for the Channel Ten reality show seven weeks ago, Hussain was best known for his SBS show Legally Brown and for his stand-up shows.

In the mainstream arena, he was often referred to as the “Muslim comedy guy”.

“Right now I feel like this is such an exciting time in my career,” Hussain says. “I don’t take a minute for granted. In the jungle, each day
I felt like it was unbelievable to be a part of this.”

Hussain’s parents moved to Australia from Sri Lanka in the 1970s, settling in Melbourne. His mum became a solo parent to three kids when her husband abruptly moved back to Sri Lanka when Hussain was a young boy.

The comedian doesn’t talk about his father a lot and referred to his family being affected by domestic violence while in the jungle. That’s what inspired him to raise awareness and money for the InTouch charity, a domestic violence support network, while competing on the show.

Hussain is committed to his Islamic faith and in the jungle prayed five times a day and ate halal-prepared food.

95dde409097794e20a6ab5c8ce534b61

Naturally when you are a young Muslim man in Australia with all that is going on in the country and the world, you do carry that baggage,” says Hussain, who has a Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Law from Deakin University.

“It is true, sometimes when I am talking about stuff, you feel the weight of the community or of the people whose views you representing. I sometimes feel like, ‘Am I the worst ambassador for all the things I am talking about?’ But at the same time, I am just another guy.

“I don’t think other groups in society have to carry that burden in the same way people from minority communities do. If you are a white straight guy, you can say whatever you want and if people disagree with you, they just disagree with you. Whereas if you are a gay person, or a Muslim, or if you’re a woman or whatever, you are a representative of that community and people hold you accountable. It is a weird pressure. It took me time to just relax and get over that.”

Hussain clearly doesn’t shy away from his faith publicly. It’s his thing and he’s aware he’s changing perceptions in a non-confronting way.

1b9e981fa3071615f95027d7032c4d11

Hussain already has a cult following because of his work on Legally Brown and his profile around the world is also set to rise. Picture: Dylan RobinsonSource:News Corp Australia

“My angle is a comedian who is Muslim, who likes to make jokes about I guess white people and Muslims too. I make jokes about just everything I find funny. My family is funny. Australia is funny. I find funny in dark places. The things that ordinarily make people sad, I find those things kind of funny. I am a weird guy as are all comedians.”

Hussain already has a cult following because of his work on Legally Brown. Internationally, though, his profile is on the rise thanks to being cast as a correspondent in the upcoming Netflix
talk-show series Bill Nye Saves The World. He will also tour his stand-up comedy in the UK and the US later this year.

“In this industry you audition for a lot of things and there’s a lot of things that may be coming your way but at the last minute fall apart. That Netflix opportunity just came like that and within a week
I was in London doing some shows and then all of a sudden the next week I was flying to the US to film with Bill Nye, who is one of the biggest personalities in the States. He is a grumpy guy but very funny, kind of like a science version of (jungle campmate, shock jock) Steve Price.”

Stand-up, though, is Hussain’s first love. He’s flown straight back from South Africa to prepare for his Melbourne International Comedy Festival show and will play Sydney’s Enmore Theatre on May 12 with shows in Perth and Brisbane as well.

“Wherever there is a stage, I would love to get up and tell some jokes.”

The writer was in South Africa as a guest of Channel 10.

Sad news for Casey.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...r/news-story/26c41460e9f0dfa93a82af99ed8c0ae6

YOU’D expect after being locked away in the jungle for six weeks, Casey Donovan would be making the most of her new found freedom.

But if you think the celebrated singer has been quiet since returning triumphant as queen of the South African jungle after winning I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! you’re not wrong.

Donovan, 28, has been spending as much time as possible with her family after stepdad Norm Axfordwas diagnosed with pancreatic cancer while she was on the reality show.

Axford, 65, underwent surgery at Bankstown Hospital days after Donovan flew home from South Africa just over a week ago.

Not an article, the Project just did a Pricey chat - he is a new man, a happier man, with a pinch of left even possible sometimes!
(Not likely, but he isn't as hard right)

Well, he states he is a CHANGED MAN, from his jungle experience, SERIOUSLY....he really means it, smiles more, grumps way less
He feels HAPPY

Aww, good advertising to suck up new talent for next series.........you can be TRANSFORMED

So Dr Chris is stepping down from Bondi Vet, due to the demands of I'm a Celeb and The Living Room...

I had wondered if Ten might drop Celeb in favour of Survivor Australia (in terms of jungle-survival-reality-show overkill), but this would suggest they are sticking with Celeb - and I'd be very surprised if they dropped Survivor.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/05/toughest-call-for-dr-chris-brown.html

Ooh I see Claire from BB06 on the shortlist for Queensland as Chris Brown's replacement. That would be... underwhelming. I quite liked her though.

Ooh I see Claire from BB06 on the shortlist for Queensland as Chris Brown's replacement. That would be... underwhelming. I quite liked her though.
I didn't mind Claire either, but I'm not sure she has the charisma to carry a show.

Back