Skip to main content

I just saw an ad for Big Brother on Ten.

Hooden

Just Being Miley
Awesome site donor
It was a promotional ad for the Gold Coast where you could visit the house.
It was exciting for a moment, though.

Sorry to disappoint.

No I'm not.

Channel Ten is in a bit of trouble, they have has terrible ratings for the past few years and this year they came 4th behind the ABC. It does not surprise me that dreamworld would want to advertise on Ten, probably at a lower cost than 7 or 9.
I don't watch much network television and when I do I skip the ads but has anyone else seen this ad on 7, 9 or 10. I can't figure out if the OP is trolling.

Channel Ten is in a bit of trouble, they have has terrible ratings for the past few years and this year they came 4th behind the ABC. It does not surprise me that dreamworld would want to advertise on Ten, probably at a lower cost than 7 or 9.
I don't watch much network television and when I do I skip the ads but has anyone else seen this ad on 7, 9 or 10. I can't figure out if the OP is trolling.

I've seen the same ad on Nine as well.

I don't understand why this thread is still going... It's not as if Nine wasn't just in trouble either... The fact is FTA channels in Australia are all pretty much in trouble and in fact Australia in general is lagging and has been lagging in many ways for many years in all areas of media...

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter who is airing what on their network they are all pretty much fighting to hold on to an archaic media...

And this is the reason why Australia is the number 1 country in the world when it comes to pirating entertainment.

You are right, but Ten is doing a lot worse than the other 2 commercial networks. Television ratings have been declining in recent years for all 3 commercial networks. Honestly as long as the ABC stays the way it is I'll be happy. :)

Yeah this thread really has no reason to continue. The poster was highlighting that a Dreamworld promo aired which mentioned house tours on Ten. This person was also wasting our time.

And this is the reason why Australia is the number 1 country in the world when it comes to pirating entertainment.

You are right, but Ten is doing a lot worse than the other 2 commercial networks. Television ratings have been declining in recent years for all 3 commercial networks. Honestly as long as the ABC stays the way it is I'll be happy. :)

To be honest I think you have to hit rock bottom in order to get back up again... I think out of the 3 commercial networks TEN is more inclined to take risks and break out of the traditional network mold... It's just a matter of getting a solid footing again in terms of management, some decent programing, and just in general getting over that hump... I mean they are obviously trying to transition themselves from a network that has been primarily aimed at younger audiences and shooting for a much broader demographic that is being taken up by the other two... Obviously change isn't something that happens over night... I'd say TEN is more in a transitional period rather than any significant trouble... It's just a natural cycle... And from what I understand in general TEN has always been at the low end of the network totem pole...

Back