Skip to main content

I just don't understand...

I don't understand how I get bruises on my legs, they just appear. I wake up some mornings and they are just there, do I sleep walk? am I having nightmares where I grab my legs and squeeze irl... :confused:
Maybe you re-enact scenes from The Princess Bride in your living room whilst in a deep sleep moment:D
I too get bruises that are unexplained...always at the side of my knees for some reason...roll the twilight zone music please maestro:nailbiting:

Maybe you re-enact scenes from The Princess Bride in your living room whilst in a deep sleep moment:D
I too get bruises that are unexplained...always at the side of my knees for some reason...roll the twilight zone music please maestro:nailbiting:
I sometimes get little bruises on my upper arms out of nowhere. All of a sudden I see them.

Wailing babies in restaurants (not meaning McDonalds). Leave them at home like most people do, or do your penance until you can leave them for a few hours. If wanted to hear that over dinner, I'd go to a crèche.

BAHAHA! Yes this has to be it....I guess those sword fighting scenes are when I am knocking my legs into things.....:laugh:

OMFG, I am so pissed off right now, and I really need to vent, and I'm sure this will seem like a first world problem:

As some of you know, I have an injured leg atm. Anyway, I am in a rental and I had to move house by the end of the year, so to give my leg a bit of break, I paid someone to help pack up my house. All I wanted them to do was disassemble my bed, pack my TV and pack my lounge because I thought the reaching and weight involved in them would leave me at the highest risk of reinjury. He did ok with the bed - put the mattress in front of the cupboard that was the only area I hadn't packed, but I can handle that, and he tried to use the bags for the couch for the mattress instead of the bags next to the mattress that were for the mattress, but again, the job was done. The brain explosion started with the lounge - it is two pieces, all he had to do was lift them apart and put them in the bags. I've done it several times myself, it is very simple. I told him "Just lift them apart and put them in the bags". What did he do? Lift them apart, remove all the cushions and seating and throw it on the ground, put the smaller part in a bag that was far bigger than it so he doubled it over - the reason it was far bigger was because it was for the other piece of the lounge, which he put in the smaller bag, that it didn't fit it, so he just tapped it all over about a million times. Hello, idiot, do you not think there might be a reason you have to double the bag over on one, and the other doesn't fit? Maybe it's because you have it on the wrong piece! Then the TV - really not that hard. The foam had clear indents for things with I verbally and visually explained to him eg. one side of the TV is curved, it goes in the curved foam, one side of the TV is flat, it goes in that flat foam, the base is round, it goes in the round bit. What did he do - take part of the back of them TV off - I told him "no, that stays on the TV, screw it back in" - to which he responded by taking just randomly shoving it in the box, put the TV in the box completely back to front as per the indents, chucking the screws randomly on the ground, not packing the remote (which also had a clear area on the foam) and then using about a kilometer of tape to try to tape it up because for some reason it wasn't fitting in the box! WHAT A FUCKING MORON! I had to unpack it all and repack the lounge and TV. NOT THAT FUCKING HARD!

OMFG, I am so pissed off right now, and I really need to vent, and I'm sure this will seem like a first world problem:

As some of you know, I have an injured leg atm. Anyway, I am in a rental and I had to move house by the end of the year, so to give my leg a bit of break, I paid someone to help pack up my house. All I wanted them to do was disassemble my bed, pack my TV and pack my lounge because I thought the reaching and weight involved in them would leave me at the highest risk of reinjury. He did ok with the bed - put the mattress in front of the cupboard that was the only area I hadn't packed, but I can handle that, and he tried to use the bags for the couch for the mattress instead of the bags next to the mattress that were for the mattress, but again, the job was done. The brain explosion started with the lounge - it is two pieces, all he had to do was lift them apart and put them in the bags. I've done it several times myself, it is very simple. I told him "Just lift them apart and put them in the bags". What did he do? Lift them apart, remove all the cushions and seating and throw it on the ground, put the smaller part in a bag that was far bigger than it so he doubled it over - the reason it was far bigger was because it was for the other piece of the lounge, which he put in the smaller bag, that it didn't fit it, so he just tapped it all over about a million times. Hello, idiot, do you not think there might be a reason you have to double the bag over on one, and the other doesn't fit? Maybe it's because you have it on the wrong piece! Then the TV - really not that hard. The foam had clear indents for things with I verbally and visually explained to him eg. one side of the TV is curved, it goes in the curved foam, one side of the TV is flat, it goes in that flat foam, the base is round, it goes in the round bit. What did he do - take part of the back of them TV off - I told him "no, that stays on the TV, screw it back in" - to which he responded by taking just randomly shoving it in the box, put the TV in the box completely back to front as per the indents, chucking the screws randomly on the ground, not packing the remote (which also had a clear area on the foam) and then using about a kilometer of tape to try to tape it up because for some reason it wasn't fitting in the box! WHAT A FUCKING MORON! I had to unpack it all and repack the lounge and TV. NOT THAT FUCKING HARD!
Is this a professional removalist?

Is this a professional removalist?

Allegedly. But seriously, it's just my life atm, I went through Maccas drive through to eat my emotions, some how they lost my order, and even when I re-ordered, they got it wrong. I got the keys to my new place and there was no garage key. I carried a vacuum and buckets up several flights of stairs at 2pm because they said my electricity was on at 7 am - it wasn't on. I took an extra person with me when I took a patient to their home this week so I didn't have to injure myself more if the patient needed physical assistance, the other person spent the entire time sitting down, watching me help the patient of the toilet and putting my hand under boiling water so the patient didn't.

Allegedly. But seriously, it's just my life atm, I went through Maccas drive through to eat my emotions, some how they lost my order, and even when I re-ordered, they got it wrong. I got the keys to my new place and there was no garage key. I carried a vacuum and buckets up several flights of stairs at 2pm because they said my electricity was on at 7 am - it wasn't on. I took an extra person with me when I took a patient to their home this week so I didn't have to injure myself more if the patient needed physical assistance, the other person spent the entire time sitting down, watching me help the patient of the toilet and putting my hand under boiling water so the patient didn't.

2014 is nearly over, delcan! Nearly time to relax and have a year of good luck!

@delcan ... Do you have your move all sorted now?:unsure: I hope so, so you can now relax a little and enjoy your new digs.:thumbsup:

I have what is a first world problem, however I do not understand people and their flailing shopping frenzies at this time of year. Today I was elbowed in the left boob and yelled at for going to pick up a packet of Panko Crumbing this morning. I kid you not. Normally this one product purchase would not be an isssue... well it has not been at other times. :sorry: For the record, the shelf was laden with bags of the stuff, so it was not like it was the 'last one" FOREVER this woman needed.

Women that say they only have male friends because "girls are too bitchy". My problem with that comment is that 99% of the time the women that say that are either a) lying to make themselves look cool and actually get along with females perfectly fine, or b) they're actually massive bitches themselves.

All this throwing your own gender under the bus thing to make yourself look better to the opposite one I don't get.

Women that say they only have male friends because "girls are too bitchy". My problem with that comment is that 99% of the time the women that say that are either a) lying to make themselves look cool and actually get along with females perfectly fine, or b) they're actually massive bitches themselves.

All this throwing your own gender under the bus thing to make yourself look better to the opposite one I don't get.

Men are far more bitchy than women because it's considered they have to "hide" their feelings from the "mates" they are pissed off with. I reckon any woman who makes such a statement, actually doesn't have male friends at all and as you said, just lying to make themselves appear "cool".

Men are far more bitchy than women because it's considered they have to "hide" their feelings from the "mates" they are pissed off with. I reckon any woman who makes such a statement, actually doesn't have male friends at all and as you said, just lying to make themselves appear "cool".

I too know many bitchy men. That's another reason why the comment bugs me. You find bitchy people everywhere regardless of their gender.

At parties
I love my female friends (most of the time) and I enjoy spending time with them but when I have the opportunity to spend time with my male friends at a function of some sort, I prefer to do so than be with the girls all of the time. Yeah, that divide still happens. Being the only unattached person a lot of the time and definitely the only childless (read under 18 for those that have children) one I can flit around ( not flirt, blerk to that with my male budsters) and hang with those I want to.

At parties

I love my female friends (most of the time) and I enjoy spending time with them but when I have the opportunity to spend time with my male friends at a function of some sort, I prefer to do so than be with the girls all of the time. Yeah, that divide still happens. Being the only unattached person a lot of the time and definitely the only childless (read under 18 for those that have children) one I can flit around ( not flirt, blerk to that with my male budsters) and hang with those I want to.

I tend to be the same. I have quite a few male friends (in fact probably more than I do female) whom I enjoy spending time with at functions...but at the same time I love my female friends too. People deliberately choosing to only have friends of one gender (or at least saying they do) though just confuses the heck outta me.

I tend to be the same. I have quite a few male friends (in fact probably more than I do female) whom I enjoy spending time with at functions...but at the same time I love my female friends too. People deliberately choosing to only have friends of one gender (or at least saying they do) though just confuses the heck outta me.
The good thing for me is that my bestie male friend is married to my bestie in Australia female friend.

Back