Skip to main content

I don't hate Michael, BUT ...

torifrog

Awesome site donor
WHY does he have to put on stupid indefinable accents when he's "on show" or telling a joke (eg. as master of ceremonies in Starstruck)?

It drives me mental.

USE YOUR NORMAL VOICE!!!!

You sound ridiculous enough without trying to sound funny....

/over

AND .. this thread was created before the one you sent me to .. so .. meh.

Had a look at your link.

Didn't you notice I said I DON"T hate him? I just find the forced, weird, "nothing" accents very annoying (which I don't recall reading about elsewhere, or I'd have commented there).

So Stacey would annoy you too?

aragon - at times, yes she does.

I just find "put on" crap very irritating.

So yeah, it happens with her and Ben also - it just seems (to me) to be worse with Michael because the ONLY time he does it (with what we're shown) is in the two situations I stated above.

Does that make sense?

So you don't hate him ... but did you really need to create ANOTHER thread to bitch about him? Couldn't your comment just have easily gone into one of the other numerours threads bitching about him?

Probably - but since this is my only issue with him, I wanted to see if I was the only one who felt this way.

And ... why bother creating another thread saying "stop attacking michael"? Doesn't that just add to it, since the attackers are sure to come in?

Gimme a break... seriously.

Torifrog...agree 100% with all your sentiments re: Michael and also Stacey/Ben. I too can't stand "put on" stuff - accents, voices, wacky facials, dances, characters etc...it just doesn't tickle my funny bone in the slighest, quite the opposite. It smacks of "trying to be funny", and I'm of the belief that when people try to be funny they generally aren't. I just wish that Michael/Ben/Stacey would drop the forced stuff, because they're all very intelligent and their off-the-cuff one-liners & moments often ARE genuinely funny.

What I hate is not just the accents but the pseudo dramatic and very cliched "why oh .... Why?" Or something like that.

Like a Shakespearean actor. Overdone and dull.

WHY does he have to put on stupid indefinable accents when he's "on show" or telling a joke (eg. as master of ceremonies in Starstruck)?

It drives me mental.

USE YOUR NORMAL VOICE!!!!

You sound ridiculous enough without trying to sound funny....

/over

Your post should read as follows. "I don't hate Michael BUT... I should hate him. Because he is a disease on this series of Big Brother. He needs to be eradicated like a noxious weed (sorry noxious). He is a dirty cheapskate who didn't deserve to be put in the house, let alone still be fucking in there. I HATE MICHAEL, I HATE MICHAEL, I HATE MICHAEL SO MUCH I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO PUT INTO WORDS THAT LEVEL OF DETESTMENT

I don't hate Michael, BUT ... I don't hate Michael,hate is not the word I would use, I sure dislike him, him and his dirty messy hair, his plumbers crack, dislike those very much . just dont like him at all and the sooner he goes the better.

Your post should read as follows. "I don't hate Michael BUT... I should hate him. Because he is a disease on this series of Big Brother. He needs to be eradicated like a noxious weed (sorry noxious). He is a dirty cheapskate who didn't deserve to be put in the house, let alone still be fucking in there. I HATE MICHAEL, I HATE MICHAEL, I HATE MICHAEL SO MUCH I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO PUT INTO WORDS THAT LEVEL OF DETESTMENT

LOL Thanks for the correction, Jumpy ;)

Back