Skip to main content

I do not understand why BB fans want Tully evicted

O

olopo

This is a conundrum; bear with me.

I don't actually know why there are avid Big Brother fans (you know, fans of the fantastic social experiment that it is), a show which we all laud for holding a mirror up to society, who are vehemently and toxicly opposing those who vote for Tully, as well as Tully herself. People hoping she is evicted on the basis that she cheated on her girlfriend on national television.

It's comments such as these which make me scratch my head harder than a rusty rake on cracked pavement:

poor tahlia and anyone still supporting Tully has no self respect

I read this and I think: at least she's showing them. Isn't that what we watch this show for?

Big Brother isn't some prancing circus of relatable personas airing on tween television whose success in the game must be determined by the goodness of their heart. That people will demand a more adult and mature show at once second and then decry a housemate for cheating is crazy.

This is the real world. It's not all black and white and it's making bloody good TV for it. There's no manufactured 9:30pm timeslot parties here, no raw smut-filled shower scenes. Instead, it's pure, unadulterated human nature showing its true colours, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

When questioning whether or not to vote for people like Tully, remember that there are housemates who are incredibly camera-wary and never show their true colours. There are housemates who drag the show down into the drab kiddie mush that we all complain about. There are housemates who truly decieve the nation in the most legitimate sense of the word to win a life-changing amount of cash.

Never forget people like Tim in BBAU5 who have openly confessed to putting on a persona to try and manipulate the game -- people who crafted a narrative for themselves involving fake pursuits of love and ended up coming SECOND in that year. All based on a lie.

And that's the thing. Honesty or not, I don't for one second relate with anyone in this house. Based on this year's show, Tully is a hypocritical bitch and someone who I would never want as a friend -- but she's also up there as my favourite housemate for TV viewing.

That's a clear distinction that needs to be made. Because she has made her intentions clear, I can remain in good conscience knowing I can vote for Tully up to a certain point so that she stays on TV for as long as possible, but NOT once she gets in the territory to win the final prize.

This is what I watch Big Brother for.

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=34621]olopo[/MENTION] I agree. I'm still supporting Tully because she shows us who she really is and she's entertaining to watch. We're voting for who to keep on TV, not who to run our country or teach our kids.

I wouldn't mind seeing her leave to get her comeuppance. I'm not baying for her blood though, and I was more than happy to see a meathead go.

[MENTION=34621]olopo[/MENTION] I agree. I'm still supporting Tully because she shows us who she really is and she's entertaining to watch. We're voting for who to keep on TV, not who to run our country or teach our kids.

Yes that's right

I don't care whether or not they're showing their true colours as housemates. The game matters more to me, and it's probably in half their best interests that they AREN'T being 100% their true selves. Honestly it just makes her weaker as a person to see that she has no self-control or consideration for those who care for her. It's selfish, and I don't want to see someone rewarded for acting like she does winning BB and a shit-tonne of money. It's not entertaining to me when it's real lives being crushed like this - that's where the entertainment stops. I would prefer it if she wasn't herself and didn't act the way she did. Even though it would be fake at least it would be some kind of game.

I'm in favor of her staying by default. Tully is high drama. Her drama isn't everyone's cup of tea. Granted, it's not even my cup of tea all the time, but she does bring that element to the table. There are some others like the Saccharine Sisters and Heidi who bring nothing at all to the table. (Well, nothing positive in Heidi's case.) They should go before Tully. I'm in favor of a more entertaining program and that takes more interesting character. Tully is a more interesting character.

we are getting entertained is that what the viewers want? We have no idea what their personal life was like

I don't like Tully but at least she has a personality and I would rather a pot plant like Caleb go then Tully any day of the week. Hate how she is disrespecting her girlfriend on national TV though. What a selfish bitch she is turning out to be. I tried so hard to like her but this whole thing with Drew has tipped me over the edge.

I think as much as people don't like her and get on their high horse about the kiss, it would be boring without her.

She is this year's love-to-hate housemate. Can you imagine a house without Tully...you just end up with a house full of people watching what Tim does next...to the point where Tim won't even be entertaining anymore. And then the show is going to be fucked because it will just be a borefest.

I don't like Tully but at least she has a personality and I would rather a pot plant like Caleb go then Tully any day of the week. Hate how she is disrespecting her girlfriend on national TV though. What a selfish bitch she is turning out to be. I tried so hard to like her but this whole thing with Drew has tipped me over the edge.

This exactly. Yes, she is entertaining and deserves to stay over boring people. But she is also not very likeable and I hope she doesn't win.

I don't care whether or not they're showing their true colours as housemates. The game matters more to me, and it's probably in half their best interests that they AREN'T being 100% their true selves. Honestly it just makes her weaker as a person to see that she has no self-control or consideration for those who care for her. It's selfish, and I don't want to see someone rewarded for acting like she does winning BB and a shit-tonne of money. It's not entertaining to me when it's real lives being crushed like this - that's where the entertainment stops. I would prefer it if she wasn't herself and didn't act the way she did. Even though it would be fake at least it would be some kind of game.

Yeah but as said in the OP, at least you can now be wary that whoever you vote for in the final stretch to win the money, it isn't her. At least you can now make a more informed vote for who will entertain you in the interim before then.

I find her annoying, not entertaining. It would be more entertaining if she was evicted. What has she done but whinge? We'll see I guess

I don't find cheating entertaining.
Destroying each other's property (entertaining)
Back stabbing and gossiping (entertaining)
The housemates can do whatever they want to each other, the social experiment was for them. But when you bring a loved one on the outside that all of Australia knows is being hurt and can tune into channel 9 at 7 o clock, it's not right. That's the reason I want her out, why should she get 250,000 dollars because she's bad person with bad morals, someone who wins should be polarizing, entertaining (Tim, Ben, Tahan etc)

I hate her as a person, but she brings drama to the house, and for that reason I want her to stay.

I don't like her morally, but my god she's fantastic entertainment! Besides, her girlfriend dumped her, she'll be kicked out her house and the majority of the public will hate her and give her so much abuse online. So there is no point in using her eviction as a "comeuppance". Her comeuppance is already waiting for her as we speak.

If Tully and Drew continue they way they are going its going to become more clingy then Ava and Josh. They are both needy people. As for the 'she brings drama' thing, she doesn't. Deep down people just like laughing at her, that's why they are keeping her in. She is not Estelle.

She won't have a big fight with Tim as everyone keeps claiming, she will just have little fights with Drew like the one we saw last week. And its going to get old real fast. But I feel like saying this is like banging my head against the wall, so good luck to all the Tully voters, I hope she does deliver for you.

Back