Skip to main content

How should auditions be conducted?

How should the auditions be conducted?

• Total voters
Well obviously at some stage every auditionee is met face to face, and the truth is some potential HMs - whether good, bad or fake - will find it easier to get themselves across on video while others excel at face to face. Now I would suggest the more creative, interesting people will make more creative, interesting videos - while the look at me fakes will sell themselves better face to face, but that's a massive generalisation.

Being a fan of people who want to win Big Brother rather than just want to be on Big Brother I would do a blind audition looking for people wanting to win $250,000 (or whatever the prize is) and not have them know the audition is for Big Brother until later in the process. That might be the best way to attract the sort of people the show wouldn't usually attract - and also attract people not completely familiar with the show.

You can sell yourself better in video because you can hide behide the magic of self-editing (which, frankly, flies in the face against what BB is all about). The creative, interesting videos serve no purpose - you can't edit yourself in the house. That's why I like about face-to-face - it's a transparent process. And frankly, you'd have to face that part of the process at some point anyway.

Like I said, I feel like the video auditions should be open for people in remote areas or who are incapable of attending the live auditions, but I don't think too much stock should be put in them because it's a far more deceptive representation of the self (attention whores aside, who you think you are and ultimately try to sell yourself as doesn't always equal a true external perspective).

Hmm.. I think Live would have to be the best option as it's been there since the beginning of the program I do believe...

The judges of Auditions also get to meet the Potential Housemates in person which means much more 'get to know' going on.

For me I'd prefer a video or online in the intial stage then face to face and group interaction.

There should be a written test first to see if they actually have a personality or any type of an intellect. Then be sent of on a 100 km hike through rugged bushman with no directions other than get to the other end on one piece. If they can do that, then they can have e face to face audition to explain themselves, why they would do that in public.

It may seem like a Survivor type selection process, but that is what I would like to see on BB. People,who can think, have a personality and can look after themselves without getting all whiny and precious. Would cut out many of the fakers who put it on to attract the producers (Jake, Skye, Priya) and try to further their own fame agenda.

Real people who do real things and are actually interesting.

Live auditions.

The classical way where people line up, wear numbers, and enter the judges room. Hell, I'd always wanted a TV show just for that. Maybe when they get to the semi-finals we can vote for them (to have a spot in the BB house). It will be exciting. Oh, and the first evictee wouldn't be so mysterious - We could've easily grown into him/her in the auditions and such.

I say scrap the open cattle calls and move to online video submissions... Once a group of potential candidates is picked fly them to a central location for one on one interviews... If last year was an indication NO ONE was really that interested in attending anyways...

I say scrap the open cattle calls and move to online video submissions... Once a group of potential candidates is picked fly them to a central location for one on one interviews... If last year was an indication NO ONE was really that interested in attending anyways...

Agreed!

I guess so. I don't care HOW housemates are auditioned, as much as the audition process being transparent, fair and equal. I'm sick of Alex spouting on about everyone having an equal chance as long as they turn up for auditions, people being cast for their personality, and efforts being made to cast ordinary, average, weight/looks/age-diverse housemates...then filling the house with beautiful, skinny, young, friend-of-ex-hms famewhores.

I guess so. I don't care HOW housemates are auditioned, as much as the audition process being transparent, fair and equal. I'm sick of Alex spouting on about everyone having an equal chance as long as they turn up for auditions, people being cast for their personality, and efforts being made to cast ordinary, average, weight/looks/age-diverse housemates...then filling the house with beautiful, skinny, young, friend-of-ex-hms famewhores.

Agreed as well! No sourcing housemates, go back to basics, pretty doesn't equal interesting, I'd rather them go back to the traditional way and cast based on personality, or cast for characters they can construct some type of storyline around

Reactions: Tee
Back