Skip to main content

How do you think the series would have gone if it was Vote to EVICT?

I apologise if this has already been discussed...

I have never been a fan of the system "Vote to Save". I can understand why they do it (more money to be made from somebody saving their faves instead of voting for ONE person they dislike), but I've always felt that it changes the outcome of the game.

Look at the past few series where entertaining HM's get voted off early. Eg, 2013 series, everyone thought Ben was going to win, but he got evicted midway through - my theory is voters probably figured he'd be safe, and wanted to spend the money ensuring another HM was safe.

I think if it was Vote to Evict, the 2014 some HM's would have been voted out immediately.

Some of the one's I found annoying were voted out early, but I think Skye would have gone due to being annoying at the start, and Ryan for flying under the radar at the start.

Thoughts?

No VTE means that people who evoke a strong feeling from the audience would be evicted. Ryan getting no airtime at the start of the show would of meant that he would most likely not of been evicted if he were nominated... he still probably would of won as well...

I can understand why they do it (more money to be made from somebody saving their faves instead of voting for ONE person they dislike)

That may be true also, but the main reason the Vote to Save was introduced was to make sure that the bigger personalities actually stay in the house longer. It kinda didn't work as well as it should've this year given Ryan winning (but nothing really worked this year, so it's fairly apt), but on the whole it works a lot better than Vote to Evict.

I think using Ben as an example as an "entertaining housemate getting voted out early" is a bit rich considering for the most part the only people who legitimately found him entertaining were Channel 9 themselves, and also he wasn't really voted out that early; wasn't it just some three weeks before the finale? Either way, that's not the fault of the Vote to Save, that's the fault of his fans—they shouldn't have been so complacent (although, again, I question whether or not he even had as many fans as The Show made out).

As someone who identifies as a Big Brother Purist, I do prefer the Vote to Evict just because but I won't deny that it (generally) does its job.

As someone who identifies as a Big Brother Purist, I do prefer the Vote to Evict just because but I won't deny that it (generally) does its job.

I never considered the thing about saving bigger personalities, but I agree that Vote to Evict does it's job.

I suppose everyone will have their theories based on who they like, but I just like the idea of how it would have gone instead of Vote to Save

I like 'vote to save'. Big personalities (like Tim 2013) can get voted out too soon with 'vote to evict', hence a boring second half. Also, if you really like someone, you only have to vote for that person, rather than voting for everyone else to save your favourite. I'm surprised Ryan won with 'vote to save'; as I think he is more of a 'vote to evict' winner, so I don't reckon the end result would have been any different . Really, either way, as long as they bring it back!!! I'm looking at you channel ten.;)

I reckon Ryan would still have won, but Skye and Travis would have been gone much earlier, probably Priya too. Sam, Aisha and Jason would have lasted longer, and Penny could possibly have made the top two.

With a vote to evict Skye and Priya would have both gone considerably earlier. Lawson and Cat would have been gone a couple of weeks earlier too. Jason, Sandra and Dion may have lasted longer. Travis may have even gone week 2, he was pretty annoying early. Week one would have been Lisa, Gemma, Katie or Skye.

Some of this felt like it was vote to evict, which is one reason why it was so weak.

Yeah, the double evictions made it that way.

If those cursed double evictions weren't there we would have held onto stronger characters longer.

With a final 3 of Ryan, Travis and Skye and vote to evict Ryan would have still won.
With a final 3 of Priya, Ryan and David, Ryan would have still won.
Overall, Ryan would have still won with a Vote to Evict but likes of Tim and Ben2012 would NOT HAVE so thank god it's vote to save.

Vote to Evict in 2012
Zoe probably would have won (or josh if his bro didn't die and he didn't have to leave)
Caleb/Matt/Sugar Sisters/out of the final 3 Jade would have won if it was Vote to Evict and tim would have been evicted VERY EARLY ON and same with Tahan.

Ryan would have won

It seems like vote to evict favours the quiet and less dramatic housemates so it's a good thing they got rid of it,

Yeah, the double evictions made it that way.

If those cursed double evictions weren't there we would have held onto stronger characters longer.
Didn't it seem like the whole show was just one big eviction. I didn't like the evictions at all. Bring back Gretel and put some meat into the questions for the evictees. Sonya just let's them avoid answering the questions and half of them are just innane (the questions, i mean), anyway

With a final 3 of Ryan, Travis and Skye and vote to evict Ryan would have still won.
With a final 3 of Priya, Ryan and David, Ryan would have still won.
Overall, Ryan would have still won with a Vote to Evict but likes of Tim and Ben2012 would NOT HAVE so thank god it's vote to save.

Vote to Evict in 2012
Zoe probably would have won (or josh if his bro didn't die and he didn't have to leave)
Caleb/Matt/Sugar Sisters/out of the final 3 Jade would have won if it was Vote to Evict and tim would have been evicted VERY EARLY ON and same with Tahan.

Ryan would have won

It seems like vote to evict favours the quiet and less dramatic housemates so it's a good thing they got rid of it,

You are right..... how many times did we see great, in your face players get taken out way before they could make a big impact cause the teenyboppers, sedate voters etc didn't like the confrontations.How great would it have been if they'd stayed a little longer. Ben from Season 3 springs to mind. Love him or hate him as soon as he had. that stoush with fan fav Chrissie, you just knew he was outta there. Vote to Evict...Bad. I would have voted to save him just to see what he came out with next. and a vote to save would have given Sara Marie the win for sure. IMO she was the most entertaining in the 1st bb, and Ben though a nice guy was a dud winner.

You are right..... how many times did we see great, in your face players get taken out way before they could make a big impact cause the teenyboppers, sedate voters etc didn't like the confrontations.How great would it have been if they'd stayed a little longer. Ben from Season 3 springs to mind. Love him or hate him as soon as he had. that stoush with fan fav Chrissie, you just knew he was outta there. Vote to Evict...Bad. I would have voted to save him just to see what he came out with next. and a vote to save would have given Sara Marie the win for sure. IMO she was the most entertaining in the 1st bb, and Ben though a nice guy was a dud winner.
I haven't seen those seasons but all I know is lots of dumb shits have won in channel 10 era because of vote to evict..

One obvious example being Jamie

And also 2008, was that vote to save?? Why did terri win? She was horrible. That should have been Bens year ben 08 was cool

I haven't seen those seasons but all I know is lots of dumb shits have won in channel 10 era because of vote to evict..

One obvious example being Jamie

And also 2008, was that vote to save?? Why did terri win? She was horrible. That should have been Bens year ben 08 was cool
OMG Jamie.... what the hell was that about...LOL!! He was horrible (and i don't think it's cyber bullying to say that, is it????)

Nope,
I apologise if this has already been discussed...

I have never been a fan of the system "Vote to Save". I can understand why they do it (more money to be made from somebody saving their faves instead of voting for ONE person they dislike), but I've always felt that it changes the outcome of the game.

Look at the past few series where entertaining HM's get voted off early. Eg, 2013 series, everyone thought Ben was going to win, but he got evicted midway through - my theory is voters probably figured he'd be safe, and wanted to spend the money ensuring another HM was safe.

I think if it was Vote to Evict, the 2014 some HM's would have been voted out immediately.

Some of the one's I found annoying were voted out early, but I think Skye would have gone due to being annoying at the start, and Ryan for flying under the radar at the start.

Thoughts?
Skye would of made it to the end regardless

Back