Skip to main content

Housemate #5 TULLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't really fully know a person until you live with them.. or, in this case, see them live on TV! Loads of people are pleasant in short exchanges. It's how they deal in circumstances like this that define them.

You can't really fully know a person until you live with them.. or, in this case, see them live on TV! Loads of people are pleasant in short exchanges. It's how they deal in circumstances like this that define them.

Very true. A persons character isn't measure in how they handle good times, but rather how they handle bad times. I personally have not lived with Tully, but I have friends who have and they seem just as surprised as I am by the Tully we are seeing on TV. But, obviously the Big Brother house is not quite the same as real life, is it? Plus, as Tully made very clear the other night, she is not living with people that she likes (well, some of them at least), so that's also a different angle. It must suck to not feel entirely at home or relaxed in your own home, even if it is an artificial one like the BB house. I am seriously torn over this... watching her on TV, I question if I even like her, but I am also deeply defensive of her and keep telling myself that this is not the real Tee. But it's impossible for someone who doesn't know her to be able to see that, and unfortunately that is the majority of Australia.

^ I wonder if her high expectations for the experience are what has made her react so poorly to her not so ideal situation? It does make her look awful, but it's probably because of that and her control freak nature. It's interesting to me that Mikayla - who people see as a huge control freak - is taking it better than Tully seems to be.

I have to say, Tully definitely is a polarizing person. I could see myself either being great friends with her, or doing everything I could to avoid her... no in between, really.

she is not living with people that she likes

Welcome to the world; sometimes you have to deal with people you don't like.

Did she honestly think she would ONLY be living with people she thought were awesome and vice versa?

Welcome to the world; sometimes you have to deal with people you don't like.

Did she honestly think she would ONLY be living with people she thought were awesome and vice versa?

Exactly! She must have had a strange idea of what living in the BB house was like - seems like she thought it would be wonderful and rosy all the time

Oh yeah, of course. I agree.

I was just making the comparison between the Tully who has lived with her friends and been a generally more upbeat person and the Tully who is forced to live with people she doesn't and suggesting one of many possible reasons why she has flipped out, so to speak.

I'd say it is a myriad of reasons and this quite low on the list, but it is still worth noting, I feel.

Tully seems super sensitive. The way I see it is she is having trouble behaving herself because she is overwhelmed. I don't like her behaviour, but I sympathise with her, because her temperament it not something she chose. Everyone else in the hh is under the same conditions and difficulties but they don't have her temperament, which is why they cope with it better.Yes she is responsible for how she reacts, but perhaps it is way more difficult for her emotionally than the others. So i don't want to hate on her too much.
Tully is my least favourite hm but I think that is what is going on with her.

Up till now Ive felt like giving her the benefit of doubt but whats up with basically saying her felow hh residents are pieces of shit, "I DIDNT WANT TO BE STUCK WITH THEEEEESE PEOPLE, THE WORSSST PEOPLE TO BE STUCK WITH!!!!" Its like shes above everyone else or something.

Maybe if she took 5 minutes to chat with them she may get to know them better rather than sulking and whinging all the time she'd find some common ground.

OMG - this was pathetic! I felt like jumping through the TV and bitch slapping her! Over it!! I know I'm a Xavier Fan - not hiding that, he's cute and funny and appears really genuine. I also really like Tahan and Ben is a sweetie. Mikkayla, I don't mind necessarily and Rohan, well he's a bit boring. Tully just wants to hang out with the meathead blokes and bask in their attention. It is pathetic. if she ends up in the Safe house after tonight - I'm tuning out of BB. Can't stand watching TULLYTANTRUMS!!

She's lost me as well. The way she dismissed picking Mykk to Tahan "I'm not piking Matt" was obnoxious and arrogant. She may not like Mykk for whatever reasons best known to her but she has no right belittling someone like that in front of all the inmates. Especially someone as inoffensive as Mykk who's worst crime would be being a tad awkward as there's no obvious malice in character as far as I can see.

the meathead blokes and bask in their attention

Which is REALLY hard to understand when she is apparently a great big feminist and an admitted lesbian. Does not get?

Which is REALLY hard to understand when she is apparently a great big feminist and an admitted lesbian. Does not get?

Yes! And an arty intellectual, I gathered - or was that just me overinterpreting the Edie Sedgwick refs in her getup, and the stripey tee on opening night? I thought she was going to be really interesting. So far, not, but who knows how things will pan out.

One of the first things the Mr said was 'this idiot reminds of look at me lesbian Ruby Rose' he was suitably chuffed when I told him they were mates of some sort.

I think she got cut when Matt told her to stop sooking. She looks up o Matt for some reason. Sometimes she comes across as a spoilt little rich girl because nothing goes her way, especially when she has to live in halfway house.

Yes! And an arty intellectual, I gathered - or was that just me overinterpreting the Edie Sedgwick refs in her getup, and the stripey tee on opening night? I thought she was going to be really interesting. So far, not, but who knows how things will pan out.

That was my impression of Tully at the start. I thought she would be someone that I would like. But now I think she is very insecure and immature. She wants to one of what she perceives to be the "cool kids". Its important to her that there is some sort of social hierarchy with Matt at the top (and her standing close by him) and the likes of Mikkayla at the bottom.

Did anybody understand what Tully was going on about when Mikkayla picked Matt? Tully was saying "do you realise how hard you have just made it for us" and something about how if Mikkayla had been smarter she would have picked the sisters. I didn't get her logic on that one.

Last edited:
Does this include loving her two tone hair? Because that is a crime against nature.

What I find against nature is hair extensions. Fake hair is so obvious and look so ugly. The girls when they don't have the extensions look good with the normal length. Long curly hair is not a good look IMO. It is fake and looks fake

Did anybody understand what Tully was going on about when Mikkayla picked Matt? Tully was saying "do you realise how hard you have just made it for us" and something about how if Mikkayla had been smarter she would have picked the sisters. I didn't get her logic on that one.

She's saying that Matt would never be evicted by the public, so the other 5 of them are now more at risk of leaving. She believes the public wouldn't save the sisters so if Mikkayla chose them, the rest of them could surely be safe.

Tully's an idiot, I would have preferred she got the parcel and made a mess of it if only she couldn't have saved herself.

She's saying that Matt would never be evicted by the public, so the other 5 of them are now more at risk of leaving. She believes the public wouldn't save the sisters so if Mikkayla chose them, the rest of them could surely be safe.

Tully's an idiot, I would have preferred she got the parcel

I get that part, what I don't get is why Tully would think any of that should concern Mikkayla. Why should Mikkayla favour Tully (or Matt) over the sisters? Why should Mikkayla give a hoot whether Tully is safe or not, especially as Tully has made it clear so many times how much she dislikes Mikkayla?

At any rate Tully has way over rated Matt, who she refers to as "one of the big players". What Tully can't see is how boring Matt is (to BB viewers). Mikkayla gets far more air time than Matt. He is not especially popular to the TV audience (I don't know that for sure... we'll find out on Monday).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back