Skip to main content

House Rules 2017

I do suspect they get prompted by producers when critiquing. As in "ok tell me what you don't like" as well as "tell me what you like". Then it gets edited to suit whatever slant they want to put on them. If the producers want a team to play the bad guys, then it makes it so easy to portray because, funnily enough, they've said something awful about everything/everyone. This was clear when the women apparently hated everything, then when they came out in front of the teams they were rather more positive than the edit would have had you believe.

(there was plenty to hate though)

You could see the redhead (sorry, don't know all their names yet) fuming when teenage son actually thought the tree trunk bunk was cool. But you can't like it, it's DIRTY! And not even contemporary country.

You could see the redhead (sorry, don't know all their names yet) fuming when teenage son actually thought the tree trunk bunk was cool. But you can't like it, it's DIRTY! And not even contemporary country.
the worse kind of mother,those kids liked their rooms until she prompted them to also find fault.She's the kind of mother every daughter in law fears

Agh! The geek boys utting beautiful feet off a hundred year old cabinet is hurting my heart! I'm not sure why, but I'd be more ok with them insetting the sinks, then I am them cutting off the legs and destroying the overall balance of the piece.

Have they done the next ugly reveal yet?
I intend to catch those when I can, such agood belly laugh.....still cacking over that bonkers laundry & hanging rubbish

that Lounge was awful and the arrogance of those two women,they obviously don't give a damn about their fellow
contestants

Reactions: kxk
that Lounge was awful and the arrogance of those two women,they obviously don't give a damn about their fellow
contestants
They probably just thought "if we take the wall down, where the fuck are we going to put the TV?". But interesting that none of the discussions with the geek boys about this made the edit. The boys probably caved because they are wimps, not to mention that redhead would rip their heads off with her teeth.

They probably just thought "if we take the wall down, where the fuck are we going to put the TV?". But interesting that none of the discussions with the geek boys about this made the edit. The boys probably caved because they are wimps, not to mention that redhead would rip their heads off with her teeth.

A bit of column A and B, but they could have put the television on the wall with the 'gallery hang' which despite LLB saying was a good hang, was terrible! The central art work would have looked FAR better on its own and not lost in the centre of a big black expanse.

There was one discussion with the boys, but they just seemed incredulous at the other teams conviction, rather than trying to convince them to change their mind. I suspect that conversation may have been the tail end of much other discussion.

Steampunk bathroom would be awesome. They better do a google image search, I just checked and there is HEAPS of inspiration there. Speakeasy bar? Also awesome if done right!

Last edited:
I'm several episodes behind, but tonight I watched Sunday's reveal. Those women are without any redeeming features! They stuck by their pig-headed decision to keep the wall, rejecting the judges criticism and scores. The way they treat the other teams is vile, no gratitude at all, just "we always get what we want" and mocking two other teams for giving in to their demands.

those two women are so horrible,I just want to slap them every time I see them on my screen.Giving those nasty little sneers when the others were being judged and looks of glee at other teams bad feedback.Can't believe they won that bonus room...I predict on redo zone time almost everyone chooses their zones

those two women are so horrible,I just want to slap them every time I see them on my screen.Giving those nasty little sneers when the others were being judged and looks of glee at other teams bad feedback.Can't believe they won that bonus room...I predict on redo zone time almost everyone chooses their zones

I'm really beginning to think that they did their 3 rooms (apart from the bonus one because they wanted to win that) in the twins house as disgustingly as possible. Surely it all must be an act, and no one could lack so much self-awareness?

I'm really beginning to think that they did their 3 rooms (apart from the bonus one because they wanted to win that) in the twins house as disgustingly as possible. Surely it all must be an act, and no one could lack so much self-awareness?
think they just have really awful taste and are totally self-absorbed and have delusions as everyone is "setting them up for failure"

I have watched a few reveals in bits, adds, and occasional repeats here and there.....just for the comedy

HR is a comedy, it is really funny....I almost had a fit laughing at the last one
The UK guy and the woman = comedy gold, he has her pegged as a boring housewife with daggy taste, she dresses strangely
I like her and UK guy,the other one is creepy looking and doesn't add much.

These women are so vile, it is kind of good, no reservations, fine to be disgusted with them

And - it has me wondering, all of these shows are cast through agencies.
So, do villains get cast and paid more for being hated???
Because they always have a villain

The UK guy and the woman = comedy gold, he has her pegged as a boring housewife with daggy taste, she dresses strangely
I like her and UK guy, the other one is creepy looking and doesn't add much.
100% correct. Previously, Wendy and Joe had no charisma together, coupled with dubious judging abilities, almost always agreeing with each other. LLB took about a millisecond to notice Wendy's failings. And yeah the other new guy... why is he even there? They could have just cast LLB with two ficuses.

Back