Skip to main content

Help settle a Debate

Who is most hated?

• Affable

• Reepbot

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh, well in at case...excellent. But: do you have a view on colons. Personally, I think the question mark is overused.
Thats the rub. With the tech savvy but gramatically challenged generation looming to take office these questions will be all but obsolete.
Personally, I am a big fan of the dash. To quickly try and covey all my popping thoughts-popping-all at the same time-with a stream of continuity.

Thats the rub. With the tech savvy but gramatically challenged generation looming to take office these questions will be all but obsolete.
Personally, I am a big fan of the dash. To quickly try and covey all my popping thoughts-popping-all at the same time-with a stream of continuity.

[DOUBLEPOST=1449583335][/DOUBLEPOST]
You're only adding to the IMPROBABILITY.

Fine.

Yes. The dash is pretty good. I'm for the dash. I usually call it a hyphen though I think. Maybe it sounds more like hieroglyphic or something. Or is a dash perhaps actually ever-so-slightly loooonger than a hyphen.

Yes. The dash is pretty good. I'm for the dash. I usually call it a hyphen though I think. Maybe it sounds more like hieroglyphic or something. Or is a dash perhaps actually ever-so-slightly loooonger than a hyphen.

A dash is indeed ever-so-slightly longer than a hyphen. There's the en dash (–) and the em dash (—).

And with that exciting bit of punctuation trivia I say goodnight.

:writing: #GrammarSquad :writing:

[DOUBLEPOST=1449583335][/DOUBLEPOST]

Fine.
Ha - where did you find that?! I've never watched west wing. Might have to put it on my list. (Of shows I probably won't get round to watching). They do seem to distinguish hyphen and dash though. So I think I got that wrong, I will have to check up on my hyphen-dash use. And brackets... Forgot about brackets. And parentheses. I've got a bit of research ahead of me. Excellent work Reepbot!![DOUBLEPOST=1449584113][/DOUBLEPOST]Commas are getting phased out of my writing. Goodnight Consuela. Schlaf gut!

Ha - where did you find that?! I've never watched west wing. Might have to put it on my list. (Of shows I probably won't get round to watching). They do seem to distinguish hyphen and dash though. So I think I got that wrong, I will have to check up on my hyphen-dash use. And brackets... Forgot about brackets. And parentheses. I've got a bit of research ahead of me. Excellent work Reepbot!![DOUBLEPOST=1449584113][/DOUBLEPOST]Commas are getting phased out of my writing. Goodnight Consuela. Schlaf gut!

I found it on youtube.[DOUBLEPOST=1449584353][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please don't tell me you've gotten onboard the shabby chic repurposed homewares bandwagon.

Talking about tv shows.

Back